Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Please note the server now named: Trials of Destruction.

The previous name was too generic.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:20 PM
bowmaster
Discordant

I so want to play this server

Where can i get SoD from?
Old 06-25-2010, 07:16 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

buy at Steam.com
Old 06-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Phantons
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
Please note the server now named: Trials of Destruction.

The previous name was too generic.
Haha, I have been sitting here for about an hour waiting for the last one to come back up..
Old 07-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Quite a few changes have gone in recently. Most notably all the level 55 auras and traps are now functional(they dont use the aura window but close enough). Bots have been disabled however there is a new mercenary system in testing phase.

Server development will be on hold for a bit as I spend time fleshing out interesting spell effects. My ultimate goal would be getting the server to the stage where most AA and spell effects up to SoD are working, so it doesnt feel like you are a kunark player in new lands First on the table will be things like Twincast/proc, improved spell effects(like being Dt'd when buff fades, which I have roughly coded with perl for some spells but rather it be sourced) and such as.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:31 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

iove just ordered SoD , so i beg this server dosnt die , and im guessing you been around on the SoD days , ive still got a EQLIVE sub running , so i can help u with info , you do not know
Old 07-06-2010, 10:15 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

ayup been playimg , got to level 72/73 , and well to do a quest for OGV , u need kill the 3 nameds
ive killed the cryptlord and rock 1 , but the other 1 , the big shadow , hes un soloable ,m you need change himjk
he does a Nasty 12k Proc/harmtouch or w.e , so any chance of changing that?
Old 07-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Caryatis
Dragon

Nope. As has been stated, this server isnt your easy tank and spank. You need to cure AEs, think about what you are doing, etc. You said you have played SoD but you don't know to cure AEs or they might DT you when they fade? You have access to like 8 different ways of curing yourself, try one.

Also, since you are already asking me to change content to make it soloable, realize that will never happen. OGVillage is pretty easy and so is Temple of Bertox, you can probably solo OGHills but by the time you get to Blackburrow soloing is going to be quite inefficent. Most people don't understand the word progression I think, the server progressively gets harder as you progress through content.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:45 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

yeahh ive tryied going to him different ways

he is oceangrill vilage
im not askin you to make the server , tank and spank , but i just think 12k is Harsh ,
Ive tryied the basic tank and spank

and ive tryied FDing ,
It isnt even a Dot or anything a dont think
it just bam hits you , and u go to spawn point
Old 07-06-2010, 03:43 PM
bowmaster
Discordant

heyy ive got a problem , ive done te token quyest , and the 3 nameds , and i got thwe scafrice to altar thing , but ive given it in to some1 i thought , it would go to ( gatekeeper) and hes ate it , any cahnce you could refund it me please , or flag it for me please thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

lol Ive refunded your item. The item is called "sacrifice for the altar" , it is given to you when you approach the Altar of Bertoxxulous. Connect the dots.

A tip that will serve you well on this server, pay attention to your buff slots during a fight.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:01 PM
RStefan01
Fire Beetle

Is it intended that so many AA's share recast timers with each other? There are so many AA's available, but not many of them see any real use since you'll usually pick the "better" one. Some of the short duration recast AA's like Innate Camo (normally like 5 sec recast) get locked out for an hour if you use an ability like Destructive Force.

Over the course of a normal boss fight, I'll pop Spirit Frenzy, Intensity of the Resolute, Desperation, and Divine Avatar. That usually leaves me locked out of pretty much every other AA like heals or pets, etc.

Many of the melee oriented offensive AA's also don't stack with the power source clicky that increases damage done. I believe Divine Avatar, Intensity of the Resolute, and possibly some others don't get any benefit from the damage increase effects. You do however still get the benefits of the other effects on the AA's.

Many of the AA's also turn you into some sort of illusion, which prevents them from stacking with each other, and also from stacking with the elemental form AA's. That part I suppose could be helped by not using the elemental form until after using the others, but the timer for the elemental form also won't be available after using other AA's. I usually have to prebuff it and then wait the 15 minutes or so for other AA's to be available again.

A couple other things I was curious about:

Will we see mercenaries in zones other than OG Village now that bots are gone?

Are Luclin+ npc's available for the arena event? I see them in your screenshots here, but I couldn't seem to find the vendor that sells their tokens.

Overall I'll say I've had a pretty positive experience on the server. I've just gained access to Blackburrow, so I'll be messing around in there when I have more time.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

The spell stacking is a complex issue. Once I get a website up and running, I will have a section for people to report stacking conflicts. It will be a large job to get everything working together seamlessly. That said, illusion AAs will not stack ever. Its a tradeoff you have to pay.

Mercs will spread throughout zones when I am happy with their balance in OGVillage. Currently the healer mercs I think are getting close to ideal balance but I am not happy with the tank mercs yet, so until I get them both working well, I don't want to have them in all zones.

For whatever reason the merchants that sold the arena essences were gone from cshome(except the kunark and antonica ones), so I just added them back.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Small update...

Mercenaries have been expanded to all major theme 1 zones, the Village mercenaries have started working for a wage while the rest will be happy to lend their services for testing purposes still.

Also since everybody playing already requires SoD and can update their copy to Underfoot once the development on that client is complete, the progression will continue passed SoD and into Underfoot. There is still alot of content to develop between now and then though so no doubt out our crack team of devs will have Underfoot client solid way before I am ready to release any Underfoot zones.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:34 PM
bowmaster
Discordant

Crickey , ive only just got SoD , for this server

Now you thinking of moving to UF , when the clients solid lol