Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:09 PM
Speedz
Hill Giant

If you took as much time looking through databases that ARE available as is spent stirring up a pot that is not on the stove, you would see that the EQMacEmu database is one of the most accurate to classic open databases out there. If anything is wrong, we take reports and investigate it and improve it. There are a number of things that are incorrect on p99 that were improved on in our database. But they by NO means have a monopoly.

Grab a database that is open and start looking through it. You may answer much of your own concerns.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:44 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Old 10-12-2015, 10:24 AM
MarcusD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedz View Post
If you took as much time looking through databases that ARE available as is spent stirring up a pot that is not on the stove, you would see that the EQMacEmu database is one of the most accurate to classic open databases out there. If anything is wrong, we take reports and investigate it and improve it. There are a number of things that are incorrect on p99 that were improved on in our database. But they by NO means have a monopoly.

Grab a database that is open and start looking through it. You may answer much of your own concerns.
So this would work with regular eqemu?
Old 10-12-2015, 10:57 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusD View Post
Sure it will, with work.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:53 PM
mgellan
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Proceed with caution.
Thanks man, I hear ya and I am Basically, my post was to see if there was an interest in participating in a project that basically makes a classic progression a reality that's not under the control of a select few people. At this point, I'm not seeing the interest from more than a couple of people who I don't feel particularly compatible with.

Certainly EQEMU is a starting point but, of course, the project's aims are not Progression, it's to get as close to Live as possible. Since those of us who enjoy Classic generally dislike Live, that's not what floats our boats.

So, I'm gonna dick around getting Trilogy working. Thanks for the input!

Regards,
Mg
Old 10-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Speedz
Hill Giant

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan View Post
Thanks man, I hear ya and I am Basically, my post was to see if there was an interest in participating in a project that basically makes a classic progression a reality that's not under the control of a select few people. At this point, I'm not seeing the interest from more than a couple of people who I don't feel particularly compatible with.

Certainly EQEMU is a starting point but, of course, the project's aims are not Progression, it's to get as close to Live as possible. Since those of us who enjoy Classic generally dislike Live, that's not what floats our boats.

So, I'm gonna dick around getting Trilogy working. Thanks for the input!

Regards,
Mg
EQMacEmu is the closest to classic as far as publicly available databases. We have altered the tables a bit from the EQEmu standard. But the data is there.
It will take a bit of work to get it compatible with any client other than the OSX and the specific PC client we use for PC.

But if your goal is to not use "Live" versions and are ok with not having a WoW cam view (ie chase camera) our code is also public. Using our codebase with the database is very close to any classic view with minimal work to get going in comparison.

I also made a nifty from scratch startup script for linux that is included in the source. It will take a base install Ubuntu 14.04 with nothing on it and install all that is needed plus a few helpful things. Then it sets up the server itself.

The only thing we don't have that you may be looking for is actual progression base in regards to item/era specific toggling as well as abilities/spells. That bit is not automated or easily set. Zones however are.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:03 PM
MarcusD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Sure it will, with work.
Thanks for the "no It doesn't work" answer. Anything is possible with work. 'How much work' is the only question.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:04 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Isn't that subjective to your skill level? Not was not an asshole response, just the truth. If you have knowledge of EqEmu then less than 30 minutes maybe. May have to add/remove table fields, etc. Peq has changed their structure of the tables here and there. EqMac is just a bit different.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:06 PM
MarcusD
Banned

Quote:
EQMacEmu is the closest to classic as far as publicly available databases. We have altered the tables a bit from the EQEmu standard. But the data is there.
It will take a bit of work to get it compatible with any client other than the OSX and the specific PC client we use for PC.

But if your goal is to not use "Live" versions and are ok with not having a WoW cam view (ie chase camera) our code is also public. Using our codebase with the database is very close to any classic view with minimal work to get going in comparison.

I also made a nifty from scratch startup script for linux that is included in the source. It will take a base install Ubuntu 14.04 with nothing on it and install all that is needed plus a few helpful things. Then it sets up the server itself.

The only thing we don't have that you may be looking for is actual progression base in regards to item/era specific toggling as well as abilities/spells. That bit is not automated or easily set. Zones however are.
This sounds really good. what is your PC client? My personal goal is running a LAN server so I don't really care about EQEmu's hosting service. Is there a walkthrough for getting a local eqmacemu server set up for PC? Ubuntu 14 doesn't install correctly on my PC :/. I hate "progression". "progression is how soe ruined eq lol. I like keeping things the same,.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:13 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

I would be interested in running an AlKabor type server but with Eqemu. I have a VPS with 8gb ram 8 pros and 120gb space running linux. Any direction would be much appreciated.

Celestial
Old 10-12-2015, 11:28 PM
Speedz
Hill Giant

Quote:
This sounds really good. what is your PC client? My personal goal is running a LAN server so I don't really care about EQEmu's hosting service. Is there a walkthrough for getting a local eqmacemu server set up for PC? Ubuntu 14 doesn't install correctly on my PC :/. I hate "progression". "progression is how soe ruined eq lol. I like keeping things the same,.
The wiki which is player ran and not hosted by the team is here, there is client info in the "Getting started".

http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

Our main server repo is here: https://github.com/EQMacEmu/Server

And as far as a Windows server setup, there is no guide yet.
But I created a GUI in C# that has not been widely tested yet.
I run it locally to do code testing and seen no real issues.
It sets up a bare system with the server on Windows 7.
Only hitch is all pre-requisite programs need to be installed with defaults and you need to source in the loginserver sql files from in the source folder.

The GUI source is here:
https://github.com/stheno/EQEmuGUI

Eventually I will make a batch file that runs exactly like the linux bash file.
Even tho i am normally not a bash/command prompt kinda person and normally like GUI interaction, I tend to favor the new bash/batch scripts for all this after the mods that have been applied to these scripts. But the GUI should give you a good start.

Edit: EQMacEmu does not connect to EQEmu's Loginserver. It runs on a standalone, but there is an option to connect your world to the TAKP loginserver to list on it's server select as well as take advantage of the security measures implemented through TAKP.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:29 AM
MarcusD
Banned

Quote:
The wiki which is player ran and not hosted by the team is here, there is client info in the "Getting started".

http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

Our main server repo is here: https://github.com/EQMacEmu/Server

And as far as a Windows server setup, there is no guide yet.
But I created a GUI in C# that has not been widely tested yet.
I run it locally to do code testing and seen no real issues.
It sets up a bare system with the server on Windows 7.
Only hitch is all pre-requisite programs need to be installed with defaults and you need to source in the loginserver sql files from in the source folder.

The GUI source is here:
https://github.com/stheno/EQEmuGUI

Eventually I will make a batch file that runs exactly like the linux bash file.
Even tho i am normally not a bash/command prompt kinda person and normally like GUI interaction, I tend to favor the new bash/batch scripts for all this after the mods that have been applied to these scripts. But the GUI should give you a good start.

Edit: EQMacEmu does not connect to EQEmu's Loginserver. It runs on a standalone, but there is an option to connect your world to the TAKP loginserver to list on it's server select as well as take advantage of the security measures implemented through TAKP.
That sounds like it would fit my bill pretty well and get me closer to my goal than eqemu can. So I download the gui and will it tell me which files to move where and what programs to install?
Old 10-13-2015, 02:21 AM
Speedz
Hill Giant

Just have to compile and run it.
It will auto copy itself to the right spot and rerun, then pop up a server setup window.
If you get lost, click the help button. There is a image that pops up that describes the steps.

After you run it, you will need to manually go into the source and apply the loginserver sql files.