Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-03-2003, 01:49 AM
hitechoutlaw
Fire Beetle

Default Having trouble Playing

when i connect to a sever and make a char, its all working peachy, then i actualy try to play and it freezes up and i have to ctr+alt+delete it to close...what can i do to be able to play...i had teh July 1 patch and it would let me in, then my friend came over and ran the wrong file and updated it to the july 24 patch and its letting me in but when i goto play it freezes...is there nething i can do to be able to play?
Old 08-03-2003, 02:17 AM
hitechoutlaw
Fire Beetle

ok i found the problem....i looked at the log and i get msgs like this for every file
Quote:
Failed to open the world (S3D) file C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest Trilogy\globalDAF_chr.s3d.
i'm trying to get into Felwethe and i have the trilogy set installed and i know its there...what do i do? pls help
Old 08-03-2003, 05:24 AM
hitechoutlaw
Fire Beetle

NvM i got it, i did a complete file scan and it fixed it
Old 08-07-2003, 07:30 AM
Virtueful
Fire Beetle

hey i have the same problem as you, but i did scan disk and then complete File check and it still locks up, any idea ?