Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-16-2005, 08:47 AM
evycb
Fire Beetle

Unhappy Making guards attack.. ideas please, please..

Hello all,
I really need some help here, for the past three weeks I've been trying to implement the coding to make guards attack mobs.
I'm at the hair tearing stage now, and still the guards are oblivious of the carnage going on around them!!.
Some background on my situation...
Using 6.0DR2 with PEQ_Kunark RC1.
LOS works, (checked using checklos), and I have all the maps installed (courtesy of Rogeans site), and am at a total loss now as to what to check or do!!..
I have read, and implemented BOTH Cutters' and Fathernitwit's tutorials.. have got npc_aggro set to 1, and faction_entries, npc_value at -1..
I'm am now thinking that perhaps there is a newer version of 6.0dr2 that these settings actually work in??.. I know some of you out there HAVE got guards policing their communities , and I am begging for advice!!!!!!!

Any insight will be grabbed gratefully.. Oh and BTW, you are doing an AMAZING job on this emu!!! long may it continue!
Old 02-16-2005, 09:52 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

There is nothing you need to do to the server code itself. Paste a few of the NPC ID's and the relevant npc_faction and npc_faction_entries for the guards and creatures in question and let's see if the way you're implementing the factions is a true reflection of how they should be.

Please give me the two NPC ID's of the guard and a creature in question, and I'll give you a few SELECT statements I want you to run and paste the output here.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:14 AM
evycb
Fire Beetle

Talking Oh Wow!!.. thanks )))

Here goes.. (couldn't figure the paste thingy, cos' couldn't seem to cut the relevant stuff from MYSQL). :( but here goes.....

npc_faction ID 2
name= 'animals'
primaryfaction=2 (they are id2 on faction_list)

npc_faction ID 7
name= 'Qeynos Guards'
primaryfaction=7 (they have id7 on the faction_list)

npc_faction_entries looks like this...
npc_faction=7 faction_id=7 value= -100 npc_value= -1
npc_faction=7 faction_id=2 value= 10 npc_value=0
npc_faction=2 faction_id=7 value= -10 npc_value= -1

I may be doing something terribly wrong, because I don't use npcid at all in connection with aggro???
but, here is the id of Guard Hezlan.. his npcid=2094
and his best buddy Guard Gehnus he is npcid=2093
and this their arch enemy, Fippy.... his npcid=2109

I hope this helps you.. and thanks so much for the time and trouble )))

Last edited by evycb; 02-16-2005 at 08:30 PM..
Old 02-18-2005, 03:13 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Then the way you have your faction set, you have intended for:

(1) The guards to bicker amongst themselves, as the entry pertaining to them evaluating their own faction is a -1

(2) The animals to attack the guards. Not the guards to attack the animals. The animals, though, will most likely never end up attacking the guards since the guards are much higher level and the animal has a delicious player he will concentrate on first.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:19 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

First, you need to change the npc_faction_entries record that has npc_faction=7 and faction_id=7. The npc_value needs to be 1, not negative 1. You want the guards assisting each other, not fighting among themselves.

You need to make the guards responsible for doing their duty and watching for animals to kill, instead of waiting for an animal to run up and bite them before they spring into action. The npc_faction_id field in npc_faction_entries refers to the mob that will be evaluating a faction. The faction_id is the target faction the mob will evaluate. Change the npc_value fields appropriately on the record that has npc_faction_id=7/faction_id=2.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:45 AM
evycb
Fire Beetle

Talking Amazing!!!!!.. thanks sooooo much ))))

WOW!.. got it!!!!
I'm going to alter things right now!!!! BOY is Fippy in for a shock!!
THANKS so much for this!!.. I really appreciate it no end!

When I get this working, would anyone like a write up on it? I'll do one in return to the community helping me so much
Old 02-18-2005, 02:07 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Terrific!

Remember, the qeynos guards have their duty so ingrained into them that I bet 500 years from now they'll be walking around Qeynos saying "Duty above all else citizen, except honor" to random passers by.

You think so? :P
Old 02-19-2005, 02:50 AM
evycb
Fire Beetle

Unhappy Errrr... theres no easy way to say this.. but..

In around 500 years, MY guards are going to be walking around saying.."Hey Dad, have we ever attacked a Gnoll?"..
"Nah, Son.. nice, friendly, furry things Gnolls.. we just let Ole' Fippy run in when he wants".

My hopes of the guards attacking are dashed, and I'm going to sit here quietly and watch Fippy murder all the good citizens in Qeynos.

Sorry, Rangerdown.. I tried what you said, and it didn't work!!!.. I don't know why cos' I can't SEE any reason why not.

Thanks for the effort, and it was nice of you to try.