Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-17-2003, 09:52 AM
rubyrhinosaur
Sarnak

Default Poor n00bs

Hey guys,
on behalf of all the staff, whether they would like to or not, i would like to sincerely apologize for all your heartships and troubles you may be having with eqemu.
we all understand that the devs answer the same questions 20 times a day and that can get a little annoying... but all of us who are trying hard to work with what has been graciously given to us sometimes have a hard time finding the information we need. and when we look for answers with our threads, we often get shot down rather quickly, noob or experienced...
i again apologize for your heartships... and just generally advise you to stick to the sticky's... and don't bother asking questions, because all you will get is either rude remarks, or maybe, if you are lucky, someone a little more patient will come along and give you some assistance.
thank you
ruby
Old 11-17-2003, 10:16 AM
mattmeck

rubyrhinosaur

Quote:
on behalf of all the staff, whether they would like to or not

Its stuff like this that piss people off. You have been here for 11 days and already think you can speek for the devs. People who have been here since 2002 cant speek for the Dev team, heck most of the Devs wont even speek for the whole team.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:20 PM
CHowell2005
Hill Giant

mattmeck can i call you "the enforcer"....please?
Old 11-17-2003, 12:31 PM
mattmeck

call me @$$hole if ya want, I just call them like i see them. Maby i need to lern tact but I dont feel like it :evil:
Old 11-17-2003, 12:34 PM
CHowell2005
Hill Giant

"You have gotten better at NewbieSlaying! (55)"
Old 11-17-2003, 04:20 PM
Kgaul
Hill Giant

I think Matt needs to take up butterfly collecting =P

Kgaul
Old 11-17-2003, 04:25 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgaul
I think Matt needs to take up butterfly collecting =P

Kgaul
Sorry but I refuse to kill things for my own enjoyment.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Kgaul
Hill Giant

you rock matt!

KG
Old 11-17-2003, 04:56 PM
mattmeck

Rock? Well I thought about starting a rock collection but I deciuded against it. I would probable throw them at my computer screen after a newbie asks the same question 100 others have ealier the same day, all in new threads.........
Old 11-17-2003, 08:15 PM
rubyrhinosaur
Sarnak

actually,. this is a new account, i've been around since 040... i just took a break because i had other stuff to do..
im not going to sit here and go through credentials with you, i just thought i could give the newbs a break

makes me wonder too, i see you guys bitching about not having a strong community or that it seems to get weaker day by day.... well, i really didnt have to state the problem, we all knew what it was. its being flamed no matter what you do. my post wasnt even that entirely offensive.

whats even better is that everyone who plays on the LAN here is just sickened by your wonderful example, its like dealing with all the 12 year olds and their mom's credit cards on LIVE... which is why i left live, and thankfully 90% of the players on eqemu servers have nothing in common with the flamers on the forums.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:19 AM
rubyrhinosaur
Sarnak

figures you wouldnt say anything back... or you're little
"newbie rending mind" is off spitting in someone elses face...
ciao
Old 11-18-2003, 10:26 AM
mattmeck

-Actualy there was a discussion you came up in ealier.

Its amazing how you
Quote:
sincerely apologize
to the users. but in reality your the one causing issues. I never do name calling or put people down outright, or talk all the crap like your trying to do. I realy could do a flame post back but then i would need to come down to your level, and with your posts full of nothing but name calling and put downs how can i respond but with more of the same? Maby you need to go out and get realy drunk and contimplate the mysteries of the universe or somthing,
Old 11-18-2003, 10:31 AM
rubyrhinosaur
Sarnak

perhaps you should go back through your posts in previous threads and see what an awesome eliteist you really are. im sure you sleep better at night telling people off for just a little bit of ignorance. and im also sure i should be grovelling, because you are far superior to my being, as i could never hope to be so "l33t", or beable to go slay "n00bz", due to my sheer stupidity and lack of drinking.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:12 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Ruby, this is a lost cause. Attacking mattmeck is the wrong choice. If you want to change things for the better, then I suggest you compile a list of commonly asked questions and maintain a FAQ. You can reference people to it, and when they don't read the FAQ you spent a month preparing and maintaining, you'll understand the situation better.

The reason I have the amount of posts I have is because I wrote "See sig." probably 500 times. I had the frequently posted questions answered in my signature through a series of links. My sig doesn't have that stuff anymore because I can't update it often enough to keep the important data there.

Even so, I got agitated when newbies would post individually for 3 pages about 3 questions, as if the other posts had 0 to do with what their all-important problem was. Supporting CVS is nobody's job, and supporting any of this stuff is a volunteer effort. You thank the devs for supplying us with this wonderful creation, but you don't thank them for their free support, or mattmeck's support, or derision's, or arkaria, mollymillions, or any of these guys. Mattmeck does cause embarrassment for newbies, but he DOES answer their questions. If he only denigrated them, then I would swoop in and scold him.

Don't coddle them or they'll want you to hold their hand forever.

By the way, forgive me if I forgot you and you are helpful. These names were the first to come to me.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:04 PM
rubyrhinosaur
Sarnak

Thing is, i work on the db team with tcs... he just gave me 2,000 grid numbers, and guess what, 3 hours after he gave those to me, im out. well, thats cause i work hard at it, i also went through and did all the tedious quest repairs. and it's just a little unnerving to deal with people like mattmeck, sure he answers people's questions, but it's redundant due to his sneer towards anyone new.