Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:07 PM
eqxing
Fire Beetle

Default Smedley's Solo Server

I tried EQMac not long ago when I got the nostalgia bug but quickly found out how hard it was to accomplish anything when the player base is low. So, I decided to turn to EQEmu for a quick fix. Unfortunately, all the solo servers I tried were tuned so that you would have to use a bot or box characters to make any reasonable progression in a relatively short amount of time. So I went ahead and created Smedley's Solo Server which will allow you to quickly reach max level and begin having fun doing what EQ does best. I setup some forums at http://smedley.forumotion.com if you would like to know more and here is a copy pasta about the server from the forums.

• Max level 65
  • All clients supported. UF client is reccomended as not everything works on titanium
  • All content tuned for solo play up through Planes of Power
  • PoP content is much harder but should still be able to solo most of it
  • Experience is turned up. Especially if you group.
  • Brad McQuaid will help you with utilities such as spells and tomes
  • Starting gear is nothing to write home about, go get your own!
  • Translocator (Brad volunteered again) to all zones if you go there manually one time.
  • Gate charm for everyone
  • No experience loss until 65 and no corpses
  • Boxing is allowed, but why would you want to?
  • Live GM events all the time...

Enjoy!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:23 AM
Bonehard
Fire Beetle

Hey some feedback about your server

Leveling is ok and grinding solo to level 65 is not that hard.
But starting to upgrade the starter gear is really pain soloing.
Lower levels bosses / draqons are mostly not up.
Other places like ToV, Kael etc.. are to hard with just the noob gear when starting.
Since there is no buff bot in the hub zone it is really hard to do something with just the starter gear.
After grinding to level 65 there is not much that can be done solo and you normaly need to group up.

Ofcourse you should add an merchant that sells the gems you need for the kael / thurg. armor.
So noobs with the starter gear could start grinding kael / thurg armor pieces.
A buff bot and dispell npc in hub zone would help alot.
AA XP should be increase too.

Have a nice day
Old 04-22-2013, 08:12 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

I leveled a beastlord 1-65 in an hour, geared him in 2 hours, and he can solo elemental planes for the most part....you're doing it wrong, start somewhere where you know you can farm....like uhh not dragons?

Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Bonehard
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
I leveled a beastlord 1-65 in an hour, geared him in 2 hours, and he can solo elemental planes for the most part....you're doing it wrong, start somewhere where you know you can farm....like uhh not dragons?
Iam not sure if i want to believe you :P

The only part i believe you is with leveling. hehe
But ofcourse i did really something wrong.

happy grinding!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:06 PM
devnu11
Fire Beetle

I had the same experience fun to level to 65 but newbie gear doesn't do you much good at higher levels so soloing is hard at 65. the quest was cool for epic 1 would have been nice to have access to epic 1.5 or 2.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Cylex
Fire Beetle

Smedley's went down yesterday and it's still down. If anyone from there is on here, I am playing on Lootfest at the moment.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:32 AM
Tamul
Fire Beetle

web down as well at least for me.. maybe this is the new ISP change that was mentioned? .. hope it aint long whatever happened
Old 05-18-2013, 12:03 PM
mediocreboots
Fire Beetle

where did you go server!?
Old 05-18-2013, 05:34 PM
eqxing
Fire Beetle

No clue what is up with the server. I'm still on deployment and I left it in the hands of woses. I have backups of the server but I won't be back home for a few more weeks.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Tamul
Fire Beetle

even vanished from the list now... guessing this is gonna be a long haul... (old link still there)
Old 05-19-2013, 07:51 PM
devnu11
Fire Beetle

anyone heard from Woses? the new forums are down and i can't seem to log into the old forums. If there is anything i can do to help let me know
Old 05-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Raghnar
Fire Beetle

Still down.

John,

I can host from you old back up, folks will have to deal with going backwards a bit, but most will probably be happy since the server got pretty wonky after you left and a lot of new scripts were added that really didn't add to the stability of the server.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

My internet has been in the dark for some time, and I'm currently on a different internet connection so I have to get the ports re-forwarded, also, Raghnar, what scripts didn't help with the stability? I added one, un, uno script. The server will be back up once these ports are forwarded on this different IP, sorry for making you guys wait so long, if it isn't on today, it'll be on tomorrow.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:12 PM
Tamul
Fire Beetle

seems the biggest prob was ppl started crashing / hanging on zoning... even the suggested solution didnt work for some ppl.. was fine at first :(.. tho its prolly also cos i use RoF.. prolly explains why i get it lol
Old 05-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Cylex
Fire Beetle

We were all starting to think you just rage quit Woses. Disabling pm'ing on the old forums didn't help the situation. All it takes is a few words on here to let people know what's going on.