Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 08-23-2009, 02:30 AM
Capheus
Hill Giant

Default Multiple problems

Having multiple problems with quests. Currently Running EMU884 with PEQ946, I tried EMU 946 but I kept getting zone unavailable errors so I just stuck with 884.

1. Aediles_Thrall (bot quest guy) will not accept any items no matter what the qglobal setting is at. This is the same exact script I was using in 535, nothing has changed.

2. When turing in items to npc's it will keep the item if you only turn in one but will return all items if you turn in more than one. If you give 1 correct item and 1 wrong item, it keeps the correct item and gives back the wrong item and gives credit for the handin. If you give 2 or more correct items and 1 wrong item, it gives back all items and still gives credit for the handin. if you give 2 or more correct items it gives back all the items and gives credit for the handin.

3. All scripts that use sub EVENT_AGGRO are broken. Anything in this Event is ignored.

4.There might be some other problems I haven't been /bugged about yet

Currently using Perl 5.8.9, made sure and checked for DBI, IO-Stringy, DBD-mysql and that checked out ok. sub EVENT say,death,enter,etc seem to be working fine. I've tried plugins I from PEQ535 and PEQ946, still having the same problems. There seems to be some random surgical problem about the whole thing. I could try Perl 5.8.8 and 5.8.10 again, I remember both giving me the dll errors though . Any thoughts out there?
Old 08-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Kilralpine
Sarnak

Theres a known issue in 884 that causes HUGE perl bugs... No turn ins work at all; revert back to an older version until they release a bug free one. I had the same exact issues you have.

Bugs include:
Hand Ins
sub EVENT_AGGRO
Old 08-23-2009, 11:44 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

946 works fine, could you post your logs to see where the error is? I suspect you missed a player update somewhere.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Capheus
Hill Giant

Ok then, I'll play with 946 some, I only did a source of Rev946.sql and never did a load_player and never dropped anything. I have my logs off so if I have anymore probs I'll turn em on and get that info in here.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Capheus
Hill Giant

Ok sorry it took so long, been working too damn much. It looks like I was getting hung up on the spawn2 table change. From 922 to 946 "enabled" was added. Everything is up and running now.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:03 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Hmmm, are you sure you are running PEQ946? enabled is already in the spawn2 table in the .gz file.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Capheus
Hill Giant

Yep, I sourced it in using a completely different database name this morning as not to confususe it with PEQ922. This is the one with the slightly different bot sourcing as described in a post in the bots forum. db_version says its 946 too. In 922 I don't have the "enabled" field in the table.

As I mentioned I did a lazy source in when going from 922 to 946. I only did the Rev946.sql and load_bots.sql. If spawn2 isn't in any of those then it didn't get updated.

Code:
[08.26. - 07:47:44] Error in PopulateZoneLists query 'SELECT id, spawngroupID, x, y, z, heading, respawntime, variance, pathgrid, _condition, cond_value, enabled FROM spawn2 WHERE zone='powar' AND version=0': #1054: Unknown column 'enabled' in 'field list'
[08.26. - 07:47:44] Loading spawn2 points failed.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:39 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capheus View Post
As I mentioned I did a lazy source in when going from 922 to 946. I only did the Rev946.sql and load_bots.sql. If spawn2 isn't in any of those then it didn't get updated.
Ah! Yep, then that's it. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem with the database.