Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:05 AM
Jysin
Fire Beetle

Been playing here for months and running a few characters with (mostly) max gear. The content is amazingly balanced and there is a curve in progression that is tuned just right. Shodai is one of the most driven GMs I have seen in an Emu. Just when you are finishing up whatever Tier you are in, he seems to be announcing all new content!

Class balance is good. The Dev has, on multiple occasions, set aside future content work to address class issues. Never seems to take him more than a couple days. The pace of development and content here is staggering.

Well deserving of Green status!
Old 09-26-2018, 01:42 PM
Shodai82
Sarnak

The next release happens tonight...Ultimate Veeshan's Peak! This will be the newest challenge (tiered) zone. Tons of new spells, gear, custom focus, and custom clickies to be brief. This will be my biggest update ever, and probably will need to sleep for a week after go-live.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:10 PM
tako_EQ
Fire Beetle

server is pretty fun, gms on server are really helpful and server population is actually good for an emu

however

there isnt much thought that goes into progression, it is pretty quick and nothing custom, just multiplication of numbers for damage you do and damage you take. i got bored pretty fast, but if you are really casual and like doing original content just with bigger numbers, you will enjoy your time here
Old 09-26-2018, 09:26 PM
Shodai82
Sarnak

I responded to a question about the server on the General forum that I figured was worth x-posting. It gives a pretty good overview of what you can expect from the server as it currently exists:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...52&postcount=3
Old 09-29-2018, 10:58 PM
Seipherwood
Fire Beetle

Interesting server to play on.
Gambling for every upgrade to armor is a little annoying at times, but its fun to go through progression.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Theido78
Fire Beetle

Really enjoying this server. Great people willing to help and so much content. Come see what you're missing!
Old 10-07-2018, 05:19 AM
jonnyx3
Fire Beetle

What I would say to a new player on this server:

Roll a SK or Pally.

Caster classes are a joke unless you have a lot of help. They are barely a duo partner.

This is a far more hard core server than it describes.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:17 AM
lgsource1
Fire Beetle

Not sure i agree with you. At what point do you think other classes and casters are no good? Mages seem really good right now. I dont have a high level necro or wiz though. Ranger seems to be fine with a healer.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:45 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

casters are not all to strong early game my mage struggled in the ultimates till i got the new pet and he was stacked in AA/gear + boxed cleric...yet i would see a SK/pally pull 7-8 mobs and have no problem were as i got smacked if i had more then 2.

but they get really good later just have to play it out i guess.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:54 AM
tako_EQ
Fire Beetle

casters hard to balance and usually ignored on server like this because of the 2box limit, it forces everyone into tank+healer, and so nobody plays through the game normally as a caster, but they will PL an alt caster up after the fact
Old 10-20-2018, 03:38 AM
Shodai82
Sarnak

Just an FYI the latest update has been released, Ultimate OOT.

-Bunches of new spells, gear, augments, and so forth in the latest tier.
-Ultimate Weapon 2.0 is in with a custom world quest.
-A new Uber boss event has been added.

Biggest update to date!
Old 10-20-2018, 04:23 PM
lgsource1
Fire Beetle

This server is fantastic. Lots of people willing to help and the content and class design are great. Shodai managed to make some pretty awesome custom spells for different classes once you get into custom content.

If you like custom servers (I've tried them all) you'll feel like you found your new home if you give this a shot. Also if you need a hand getting started or once you get to ultimates give me a shout (Xayn).
Old 10-30-2018, 11:09 PM
Shodai82
Sarnak

Halloween has come to UltimateEQ.

-A new ultimate zone has been added (Unrest) for progression. Tons of new gear, weapon ornaments, player illusions, pet illusions, fun potions, and much more holiday themed drops are now available.

-I have also created two customized versions of unrest for levels with great loot, consumables, ornaments, and more!
Old 11-05-2018, 02:17 AM
Emoo
Fire Beetle

Default Key quests ruined it for me

This server is great, and was really fun while leveling with so much content to learn. I hit a wall though when you have you get the sebilis key (not too bad since I was ranger) and worse the VP key just to get past tier 2. The VP key has a 9 part subquest to get. Then you have to get the Vex Thall key for later tier. I'm bummed because there is so much content here and it looks so cool, but I just go dead on the inside thinking about traveling to a bunch of different zones with grey mobs tracking down pieces of a key just to advance. With all the content on the server it seems like such an artificial block.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:48 AM
lgsource1
Fire Beetle

I love this server too and am a fellow ranger here. Just push through the keys its worth doing..VT key drop rates are really high and you can just /target and warp to the NPC's so its really not bad. Once you get through the key and have a few ultimate flags you can flag the other alts on your account with ease so you only have to do it once. If you need a hand let me know!

Xayn

Tags
custom content, progression