Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:15 AM
trevius
Developer

Default NPC Armor Tint

A feature I have wanted to have for a while now is a way to add armor tint for NPCs that can wear armor (player races). I am sure we could add red, blue, and green fields to the npc_types table and then just use them when we spawn the NPC. Though, I can't think of a simple way to edit the armor tint. Maybe having a command that could edit and save it in game would work. Maybe something like "#npcedit armortint 100 25 255" would work. I don't think we need anything as specific as being able to set the tint of each slot, but it would be nice if we could just set the full set they are wearing to a single tint.

I bet GeorgeS could probably even add a feature like this into his NPC Loot Editor. He already has a color tool for editing item tint. If the same tool was applied to the NPC Editor, it should make creating armor tint on NPCs a quick and easy task.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:20 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

that would be nice.
I want to point out that client tecnicly partialy supports something like that allready - if you give npc breastplate with altered color as loot- he will wear it and the proper color will be displayed.
WHich measn we can definetly send the tints codes from server to the client wihout actualy having to give npc armor as loot
Old 05-11-2009, 12:00 PM
KingMort
Banned

Yeah was going to say on RA.. We have NPC's with very colorful armor but it was tedious because you have to make them seperate loot tables for EVERY Piece of armor at 100% drop rate.. and have them equip it.. Course you can only really do this in a Non Combat zone...

Also a side note... It seems a whole half of the color spectrum on eqemu doesn't work... Many of the red's, yellow's and Greens are non functional...

For example Rubicite BP is just White.. same with Bronze Armor and Singing Steel Armor...

Not sure why that is.. Would be really cool to get that fixed up as well...

Nice Post Trev

King
Old 05-11-2009, 10:26 PM
trevius
Developer

The color issue on items is probably directly related to your database. As far as I have seen, all armor in PEQ seems to be the proper color. I am sure your items table is quite old and probably hasn't been updated in years, if ever :P If you ever wanted to fix it, GeorgeS' Item Editor has a nice color tool that will let you quickly and easily set color for armor.

And yeah, I am aware that you can give armor to NPCs, but that is not a very good option for multiple reasons. This shouldn't be too hard to get coded. It could even be done for every slot on the NPC if we wanted, but I don't really think we need to add 21 new fields to the npc_types table lol. I think 3 would be just fine
Old 05-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Or if the three 8-bit RGB values are encoded into and decoded from a standard 32-bit XRGB value, only one field would need to be added to the table.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:49 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, I am just trying to figure out the way to make it easiest to edit directly in the table. Otherwise, without a tool to do the work or an in game command to do the work, it might be hard to set properly. It woudn't be too hard to do 0 to 255 for each color to get the mix you want. Unless someone changes the #npcedit command to take the 3 values and combine them into the single field. I will try to see if I can get it at least basically working and if anyone wants to help make it better, feel free. Though, before putting it on the SVN with SQL changes and all, it would be nice to have the DB changes finalized. Maybe I can look at how the items table handles tint.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:31 PM
KingMort
Banned

My items table is from 2003 so yeah lol :(

I wonder if there is a safe way for me to update it ?

King
Old 05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
trevius
Developer

I recently updated my own database to be current with PEQ. I have a ton of custom items, so I just sourced in the PEQ items table on top of my existing one. That just fills in the ones that are missing and gives a warning about ones that already exist. It wouldn't correct any you already have in your database, but it would give you access to a TON more items from Live.

All I did was source the PEQ DB into it's own database, then dump just the items table. Then, open that .sql file and remove the top part that deletes and recreates the table. You don't want it to rebuild the table or you lose the custom stuff. Last, just source in that newly edited .sql file and you will be current up to Live, or at least very close. Every item I checked from Live is in the current PEQ DB, so it seems to be pretty complete.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR WINDOWS USERS:
When you source in the items table from PEQ on top of your items table, it will beep 1 time for EVERY line in there!!! This is extremely annoying and would make sourcing the whole thing take hours. Since it beeps out of your PC speaker, you can't adjust it. BUT, I quickly found (with the help of google) that you can go into your device manager and click "view" at the top and select "show hidden devices". This will make a new field visible called "System Devices". Scroll down until you see "System speaker" and double click it. Then, on the general tab, simply use the drop down box at the bottom named "Device Usage" and change it from "Use this device (enable)" to "Do not use this device (disable)". Then click OK and close out of device manager. This will shut your PC speaker off for good! And, not only that, but since it no longer has to beep for every error while sourcing, it finishes the whole thing in a few seconds instead of hours!!! So, if you use windows, this is some extremely important stuff to know. I run my server on Linux, but I manage it from Windows, which is why I had to figure this out.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:15 PM
KLS
Administrator

You can also start the mysql prompt with -b to disable the beep =p

ex:
c:\>mysql -b -u user -p
Old 05-12-2009, 10:24 PM
trevius
Developer

Nice one KLS lol I am still glad to know you can disable the system speaker from within windows though :P
Old 10-30-2011, 02:14 AM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

I'm trying to think of a safe way to import from an updated PEQ database npc and spawngroups without interfering with current custom content.

Maybe some super query or tool? Any ideas?

Yeah, way off topic, sorry =P