Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:16 AM
stugots86
Fire Beetle

Default looking for server

I am semi-new to eqemu and ideally i am looking for a custom (legit-ish) server that has at least ldon/PoP and GoD....anything farther....bonus
to give you an idea of the "custom" part I would love for there to be random drops (similar to dungeon crawl system) with progression system in place, although thats kind of secondary...but would be nice...any suggestions are appreciated

and a box limit or no make little difference to me

thanks
Old 12-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Nydosa
Sarnak

Welcome to the community.

There are several unique servers here, depending on your taste for classic EQ versus customized. I suggest sticking with some of the more populated servers here for your first go.

Generally most servers will list what expansions are available to you, as that's a very server-specific criteria. Random loot is a bit harder to come by, and thus will more than likely be advertised if it's there.

You may also be limited to certain servers if you are running Titanium.

My suggestion is to read through the descriptions of the highest-populated servers under each Server List tier, and make your decision from that. More than likely you'll find your criteria split across 2-3 servers instead of being on a single one. It's a matter of picking the rest of the 'features'. For example, it sounds like you're after a mix of Kildrukaun's Prophecy, EQTitan [Legit PoP/LDoN/GoD], and !!Kimura's Project (Random loot/INC STATS/BOTS/MERCS). My server, SoulFire, also has random loot, but you're limited in expansions.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:51 AM
stugots86
Fire Beetle

thanks for the welcome!
im using UF client so i should not be limited to what servers i can play on (i think)
as fqar as me saying wanting a "legit-ish" server i mainly am looking for something with some challenge/progression in place and not buy my super op epic 1.0/2.5's etc off a vendor at level one.

dp you have any info on those servers? like i looked up kild's prophecy and it said something along the lines of unlocking expansions as you go and then theres a custom one.....but not (unless i missed it) where the expac unlocking stops. for kimuras ...it says "bots/mercs" does "bots" mean people are aloud to afk kill stuff? or something else similar to a merc? as far as soulfire.....what expansion does it stop at? is it custom at all?

thanks for the reply
Old 12-18-2013, 12:45 PM
djlegit83
Fire Beetle

Bots are similar to mercs. They can be any class, you can equip them with gear, you decide what race / name / class they are.

On servers with bots it is common to have many buffer bots that you only bring out to buff, then drop them.

There are a few servers that allow you to have multiple bots up at the same time so you basically have your own group, but typically a player is far more effective (especially at healing...) than your bot.

What bots / mercs do allow, is solo playstyle (but grouping is definitely still on the table) and of course if you fancy healers, you can easily play one and let your bot(s) fight for you.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Davood
Discordant

Alakamin has 30 tiers and content all the way up to and including SoD zones. every zone in the game up to that point is used in some way. and there are multiple hubs depending on which tier group you have achieved in the progression.

there are also alot of other custom features nobody else is doing right now. you can become an actual god once you reach tier 15 and have players become your followers.

mainly though its a massive dungeon crawl with very little lore. after tier 6 or 7 the lore drops to 0 and is all placeholders as i haven't the time to add the flavour yet.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots86 View Post
thanks for the welcome!
im using UF client so i should not be limited to what servers i can play on (i think)
as fqar as me saying wanting a "legit-ish" server i mainly am looking for something with some challenge/progression in place and not buy my super op epic 1.0/2.5's etc off a vendor at level one.

dp you have any info on those servers? like i looked up kild's prophecy and it said something along the lines of unlocking expansions as you go and then theres a custom one.....but not (unless i missed it) where the expac unlocking stops. for kimuras ...it says "bots/mercs" does "bots" mean people are aloud to afk kill stuff? or something else similar to a merc? as far as soulfire.....what expansion does it stop at? is it custom at all?

thanks for the reply
The content unlocking isn't planned to stop but as far as "classic" everquest experience goes, its up through Planes of Power. After PoP is when our custom content begins.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:24 AM
stugots86
Fire Beetle

what expansion does kimura go up too if anyone knows...cant find any info about it on there website