Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:12 PM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Default Partially Broken: Max Hits (numhits field)

This feature allows you to set a maximum number of hits before a given spell with the max hits defined with a numeric value to dissipate once the given amount of charges is met.

There are only a few functions that this works for currently, through my testing. These effects are:

I should mention that all but Gift of Mana and the Damage Shield effects in the list above have +1 charge for the first buff, then any casts after that follow the exact value in the database.

For instance, all but GoM have 4 base charges. Let's say you cast Blessed Healing Aura for the first time. That first buff of the day will stay up for 5 heals (instead of 4 like it should) until it dissipates. Any casts with that buff afterward will cause it dissipate after 4 heals like normal. Again, this only applies to the first time it's proc'd/cast while you're logged in. Somewhere it's getting an extra charge added in there.

There are several other spells which I've tested, that don't function as they're supposed to, such as:
  • Rune/MitigateMeleeDamage - as provided by the RytanGuard line in the spell file (no link on Allakhazam)

There are a whole lot of opportunities for custom spells if this feature gets fully implemented as it is on live.