Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Spellblades in Sebilis no longer stack buffs and one shot you. This is not a nerf to the zone's damage and challenge. I won't touch that unless it's 100% impossible to get through. I want this place to challenge all those who said Varlyndria was too easy and no content. Seriously, jump in and give it a whirl now and bring friends. 3000-4000 GS toons will be tested to their limits.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Looking pretty neat Drak
Old 09-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Looking pretty neat Drak
Thanks man. Appreciate it. I'm doing what I can to make things a lot more fun for everybody and challenge them to the fullest. The server was lacking that for a while but sebilis has surely changed that.

I'll need to stop over and say hi on Akka's Funhouse sometime. Good job on it.
Must of taken you a good deal of work to get all that in. Don't burn out. Sound advice for any dev.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
Thanks man. Appreciate it. I'm doing what I can to make things a lot more fun for everybody and challenge them to the fullest. The server was lacking that for a while but sebilis has surely changed that.

I'll need to stop over and say hi on Akka's Funhouse sometime. Good job on it.
Must of taken you a good deal of work to get all that in. Don't burn out. Sound advice for any dev.
You need to take your own advice, I've been doing this for going on 6 years, I've experienced the ups and downs and serious disappointments of putting your heart and soul into a project that has dwindling results. I've been through serious amounts of stress, I've absolutely busted my ass for this community and not just my own projects while maintaining an absolutely jam packed schedule. I think I've learned the heard way to manage my own, as you are now.

The reason why I'm responding in this fashion is because I wasn't happy to find out AFTER I just posted in this thread for gods sake that YOU were the one trolling my thread I cleaned up. I don't appreciate someone who is trying to be a community advocate, complaining over other developers having 'advantages' when you pull shit like signing into another username and post on my expansion thread that everyone in EQEmu thinks that I post too much, are you fucking kidding me?

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...954#post223954

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslander View Post
This really needed a new topic?

edit - Pretty sure of all emu knows is what I am saying.
You make minor posts in your thread EVERY day and I get complaints about it from folks, and do you know what I say? I say 'He's pouring his heart into a project and he is just wanting to get people to know about it'. But no, you had to do that on my one fucking post I've made since hmmm, years?

You really need to watch your shit because you're walking a fine line with someone who you really shouldn't. I do NOT deserve that kind of bullshit.

You have reaped EXTREMELY EXTREMELY cheap hosting through my 'community hosting' because I have decided to give back to the community once AGAIN through offering such cheap hosting, go somewhere else your equivalence is creeping $200 unless you cheap out on a VPS. I host several EQEmu servers that I don't need to name off.

I've bailed you out of piss poor management with your source and database. I've helped you many times for damn near nothing, expecting nothing in return. But when I get this, it is really hard for someone not to get a bit urked about.

Donations are your business but when you wonder why players are getting pissed off about them you need to take MY advice and listen to their concerns, what they feel and see is the perception of the reality.

And no, this is not me taking a power trip. This is not me parading with a seemingly active server recently. I really do NOT care about the latter, because I do not ever bend my integrity or trust. If I was that kind of asshat - I do host your server don't I (Fill in the blank here)?

My server may be active right now, but that could change tomorrow, that could change next week, it is what it is! Whatever happens happens! Hopefully my playerbase enjoys it and if they don't that is totally their choice and my fault for not delivering or listening to what they were trying to say from the beginning.

You are a community figure and you need to stop acting like a snake, it will get you NO where.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:38 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

You're right. You didn't deserve that. I sit here daily working my ass off to the fucking bone as hard as I possibly can and you make a video of the angel statue (dedication vendor) DYING in your video as a personal attack against my server. You wonder why I got a little pissed off at you. I did fucking nothing to you man yet you attack me personally? I'm sorry for being an asshole and sneaking around. I admit I did it but maybe I am stressed beyond fucking comprehension right now. No excuses. I had utter respect for you in every possible way until I saw that video personally attacking me and obviously a plan to steal away everything I worked for. Sure, maybe some of the changes lately were not agreed on but I am trying to get things together on the server. The stress levels I am under makes me want to quit all together.

EDIT: Dude, I sound like the biggest asshole right now but I took it personally what you did in that video. I think it was intentional. Can you seriously tell me it wasn't?
Old 09-03-2013, 04:49 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
You're right. You didn't deserve that. I sit here daily working my ass off to the fucking bone as hard as I possibly can and you make a video of the angel statue (dedication vendor) DYING in your video as a personal attack against my server. You wonder why I got a little pissed off at you. I did fucking nothing to you man yet you attack me personally? I'm sorry for being an asshole and sneaking around. I admit I did it but maybe I am stressed beyond fucking comprehension right now. No excuses. I had utter respect for you in every possible way until I saw that video personally attacking me and obviously a plan to steal away everything I worked for. Sure, maybe some of the changes lately were not agreed on but I am trying to get things together on the server. The stress levels I am under makes me want to quit all together.
Dude, listen to yourself, you sound like a crazy person. My video has NOTHING to do with your server. I would NEVER make a slander on another server, after all, I'VE HELPED EVERY MAJOR SERVER OUT OF MY OWN SELFLESSNESS, every single one. And I don't even know what the FUCK you are talking about with a dedication vendor. It has EVERYTHING to do with my new content maybe?

Maybe the fact that there are over 20 'Angel of Dreams' in the starring zone for Visions of Morell?

You really need to wake up bud, you took but 5 minutes to respond to that hunk of glory I posted which tells me you are not thinking about what you are doing, you need to stop and really listen to not just me but others. You are contributing directly to your own stress which further concludes my claim that you need to step back and get your perspective back for your health. I went through the same exact thing.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:50 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
You're right. You didn't deserve that. I sit here daily working my ass off to the fucking bone as hard as I possibly can and you make a video of the angel statue (dedication vendor) DYING in your video as a personal attack against my server. You wonder why I got a little pissed off at you. I did fucking nothing to you man yet you attack me personally? I'm sorry for being an asshole and sneaking around. I admit I did it but maybe I am stressed beyond fucking comprehension right now. No excuses.
Do you have the required copyright behind those angels to make sure they are actually your property and are in fact a dedication vendor?

You're an egoistical freak and slightly insane if you think an SOE model is your own 'dedication vendor'. Furthermore, you're delving way into an idea that you fabricated in your head. I can't even begin to understand how using a character model is a direct attack against your server short of you being paranoid that everyone is out to get you and fabricated some sort of sob story to make yourself feel better. Akkadius even GAVE you hosting. He could've ended it at any time. You should be happy for that.

Well, if you keep dreaming it, and acting like your insanity is reality, it will soon become reality.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:58 AM
Weldarr
Sarnak

I demand rights to flame any server that uses crushbone orc model! Obviously since I use the model, anyone who makes another server where the orcs are attackable is personally attacking me.... /rolls eyes

The amount of childness in this thread from a certain individual (not Akka) is astounding.

-Vaion
Old 09-03-2013, 05:03 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Do you have the required copyright behind those angels to make sure they are actually your property and are in fact a dedication vendor?

You're an egoistical freak and slightly insane if you think an SOE model is your own 'dedication vendor'. Furthermore, you're delving way into an idea that you fabricated in your head. I can't even begin to understand how using a character model is a direct attack against your server short of you being paranoid that everyone is out to get you and fabricated some sort of sob story to make yourself feel better. Akkadius even GAVE you hosting. He could've ended it at any time. You should be happy for that.

Well, if you keep dreaming it, and acting like your insanity is reality, it will soon become reality.

I admit I was an asshole to Akkadius. I live up to it. Did I mean it though or want to cause him any grief? No. I'm sorry for what was said and my actions. This is honestly not like me at all. I feel I have changed over the months from the stress.. trying to keep a server up and only having a couple people who help me. I appreciate everything you did secrets, natedog, akkadius and others.

EDIT: The shit with the angels.. you're right.. it's childish of me to even think that way. But yeah, I blame it on the stress I have been under lately with not only the server but some real life events that haven't helped matters. Like seeing one of your family members get sick...

Am I okay mentally right now knowing all this is happening in my life? I've been better...

Does it make me make stupid choices and irrational decisions in my thought process or take things personally? Yes absolutely.

Is Varlyndria done for? I don't want it to be. I really don't.. I worked too hard on it to just give up.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:29 AM
Lillu
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius
The reason why I'm responding in this fashion is because I wasn't happy to find out AFTER I just posted in this thread for gods sake that YOU were the one trolling my thread I cleaned up. I don't appreciate someone who is trying to be a community advocate, complaining over other developers having 'advantages' when you pull shit like signing into another username and post on my expansion thread that everyone in EQEmu thinks that I post too much, are you fucking kidding me?
This is one of the saddest bs I've ever seen on emu. Akkadius is a great person, always helpful, trustful and fair, a true friend. Someone must be really miserable and ill minded to backstab a guy like him.

Seeing your posts Drakiyth, you must have some serious RL issues. I know nothing about that so not judging you but if you want to be part of this community, try to have fun and most importantly provide fun to others and leave your shit outside.

Sorry about my french! Just really pisses me off to see Akka treated like this.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:31 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillu View Post
This is one of the saddest bs I've ever seen on emu. Akkadius is a great person, always helpful, trustful and fair, a true friend. Someone must be really miserable and ill minded to backstab a guy like him.

Seeing your posts Drakiyth, you must have some serious RL issues. I know nothing about that so not judging you but if you want to be part of this community, try to have fun and most importantly provide fun to others and leave your shit outside.

Sorry about my french! Just really pisses me off to see Akka treated like this.
I agree. Yeah.. I have some issues outside for sure. Once again i can't apologize enough for my irrational actions in this. Akkadius didn't deserve anything I said.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:51 AM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

Quote:
This is honestly not like me at all.
Actually Drak, it kinda is. Except for the "kinda." You do tend to vacillate between egomaniacal demigod mode and spite-filled teenager mode quite often. Once in a blue moon you can be vaguely reasonable, but that doesn't last long. This behavior you're exhibiting isn't new, it's simply the same old same old amplified and put down where it can't be erased and forgotten.

Let me remind you that the weight of the world is not on your shoulders. You're tinkering with an emu server here, not working up a cure for cancer. Protests that you've got a rough life and are sacrificing your incalculably valuable time for the good of the community by slaving for hours to produce a shining gem in a sea of mediocrity aren't exactly the way to go.

You recently responded to someone who accused you of being schizophrenic by saying that you weren't delusional. That's kind of like responding to "Do you like Beethoven?" with "No, I'm not even hungry." Hate to break it to you sunshine, but anyone who thinks that they're going to make a living running an emu server is most assuredly delusional. Your behavior is at best delusional, and I strongly suspect a certain amount of bipolar disorder.

I know, on the internet (and real life) that anyone hinting vaguely that someone isn't on the right path is engaging in negative and vindictive behavior. I assure you that this post is not made to tear you down, you've done enough to that end on your own with no help. This is a wake up call mate.

TL;DR? Get your personal issues under control before engaging with the public, either online or in public.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:54 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupisnoctum View Post
Actually Drak, it kinda is. Except for the "kinda." You do tend to vacillate between egomaniacal demigod mode and spite-filled teenager mode quite often. Once in a blue moon you can be vaguely reasonable, but that doesn't last long. This behavior you're exhibiting isn't new, it's simply the same old same old amplified and put down where it can't be erased and forgotten.

Let me remind you that the weight of the world is not on your shoulders. You're tinkering with an emu server here, not working up a cure for cancer. Protests that you've got a rough life and are sacrificing your incalculably valuable time for the good of the community by slaving for hours to produce a shining gem in a sea of mediocrity aren't exactly the way to go.

You recently responded to someone who accused you of being schizophrenic by saying that you weren't delusional. That's kind of like responding to "Do you like Beethoven?" with "No, I'm not even hungry." Hate to break it to you sunshine, but anyone who thinks that they're going to make a living running an emu server is most assuredly delusional. Your behavior is at best delusional, and I strongly suspect a certain amount of bipolar disorder.

I know, on the internet (and real life) that anyone hinting vaguely that someone isn't on the right path is engaging in negative and vindictive behavior. I assure you that this post is not made to tear you down, you've done enough to that end on your own with no help. This is a wake up call mate.

TL;DR? Get your personal issues under control before engaging with the public, either online or in public.
Well said.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Kayen
Developer

Drakiyth, the sooner you realize that EQ Emu servers are all part of the same community and really not in direct competition with each other the better off you will be.

Trolling Akkadius is probably the dumbest thing you could do... He really should not have to waste his time with that.

Kayen
GM Storm Haven
Old 09-03-2013, 09:17 AM
HeyJudd
Banned

Quote:
the sooner you realize that EQ Emu servers are all part of the same community and really not in direct competition with each other the better off you will be.
For most servers I would agree with you but when the core of your server is donations, then people playing on other servers hits you directly in the pocket book.

I think its pretty clear Drak is unemployed or underemployed, had a good run on donations when his server was fresh and he is now feeling the squeeze.

At the very least, hopefully you can keep all of your server update spam on your server website now.