Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-01-2023, 10:45 AM
everguard
Fire Beetle

Question Newb QQs (please help)

1. Any state of EQ Emu will only provide content up to expansion 9 due to the PEQ, correct?

2. Using a patched RoF2 client on Windows 11, I'm having trouble getting it to remember graphics settings - they don't stick. How do I fix that? (note: I didn't do a full install, I just copied out the install files. Why? I'm not sure)

3. I'm doing this for a friend. I played Asheron's Call. So I don't understand why when I select Dwarves and Crescent Reach it doesn't work. Later expansion?

4. Speaking of expansions, my client says I have 0 out of 0 expansions. Saw someone say that everyone sees that. Is that something I need to fix?

5. Got EQEmu working on Ubuntu 22.04, but the instructions proved challenging (for me). I had to do an apt search for replacements among other things. I'm not a developer/dba, so I'm not going to be able to code fixes (though small SQL queries and scripts are probably fine). What are my chances of stability?

6. I assume there are no mods?

7. Saw a post about modifying the SQL files to make the game solo-friendly. Anyone have a quick link to some helpful instructions beyond what was provided here? https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=42039

8. I can't seem to find the Discord for EQEmu. I found a Discord URL from 2022, but the link was broken. Anyone have the updated version so I can bother everyone, there?

For anyone willing to reply to this mess of a post, thank you very much in advance!
Old 12-01-2023, 05:17 PM
everguard
Fire Beetle

I've gotten some answers (thank you):

1. Yes, Dragons of Norrath is expansion 9 and that is the latest version of the PEQ game database (Nov. 2023).
2. Getting the client settings to "stick" should be as easy as: login, create a full character, configure settings (can no longer login to test, but I'll try it when I can finally get back in).
3. At least one other player CAN choose and get to Crescent Reach without an error about a missing expansion. Not sure if it's a client or server issue on my end at this point.
4. Others have seen 0 out of 0 expansions owned on their clients. May not actually designate an issue.
5. Some EQEmu servers have been up for years. Stability is possible.
6. There are no "mods" for EQEmu. There may be community projects to modify the database that others share which may provide the features/functionality desired. Otherwise, learn the PEQ Editor.
7. It's an old post to provide solo content through a DB update, but it's one of those "you're on your own" things. I'm still very happy the team at EQEmu and PEQ have gotten us this far!
8. Still no Discord URL and nothing shows up on a search. I'm obviously not good with the interwebs.

New issue!

1. I cannot login with my existing account. I get the error that local credentials are fine, but that external credentials were not accepted. No idea at this point:

$ ./loginserver login-user:check-external-credentials <my_username> <my_password>
Login | Info | operator() Deadline exceeded [1500]
Login | Info | CheckExternalLoginserverUserCredentials Credentials were not accepted
$ ./loginserver login-user:check-credentials <my_username> <my_password>
Login | Info | CheckLoginserverUserCredentials account [my_username] source_loginserver
[local] credentials validated success!
Login | Info | CheckLoginserverUserCredentials Credentials were accepted
Old 12-01-2023, 05:52 PM
Palon
Fire Beetle

For Discord try this link - https://discord.gg/STk2hxF7
Old 12-01-2023, 06:14 PM
everguard
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palon View Post