Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 10-18-2005, 05:40 PM
typhoon
Sarnak

With .18 and .2 if I try to send a message to someone I get a 10045 error in the server consle. Same thing goes it I try to boot a zone. I can see who is on and what zones are up. Any ideas?

I am running cave's compile of 0.6.2.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:32 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Did you open install.html with an internet explorer while installing the portal?
It seems you've an issue with the telnet login/password.

If you want to be sure that you're account is correct (in the datas/config.php file), telnet your server on the port 9000 and use the same account.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 10-19-2005, 03:59 AM
typhoon
Sarnak

Love the new interface.

How about adding drop downs of the zone names in shutdown a zone, boot up a zone? It would be cool to also have drop downs for the tell a character of the character names logged in. Same thing with the character section. Have drop downs when you can. Just a thought.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:37 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

I've found why you had thoses 10053/10054 errors console.

Thoses errors occur when the connection between the client and the server is not ultra fast (let's even say on the same box). So I will use a persistant socket instead of a simple socket connection.

I think I will have it fixed today.
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 10-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Fixed. Everything should work if the Portal isn't on the same box as the emu server.

You will only notice 2 things:
-- Sometimes, when you will want to msg/broadcast/ooc/kick, you will have to stop the command and do it again just after. It's due to the persistant socket connection the portal is now using.
-- When the Psocket will timeout, you will see 5-6 lines in the world output. Don't pay attention to them, they're just warnings.

You can download the files again.
Use the version 0.20 if your EQEmu server is >= 0.6.1.

Lemme me know if you see other errors.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots

Last edited by Magoth78; 10-19-2005 at 04:04 PM..
Old 10-19-2005, 08:44 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Very soon, I will release a patch-script that will can install to secure your Portal.

Actually, it has no security at all. Anyone who knows the url can use it. After the patch installed, you will have to enter a password (1 time per session, max loggins before being blocked = 30) in order to use it.

Yes, I've decided to create a patch script so if you don't want to have the secure thing, you will have the choice to use it or no, though I'd recommend using it.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 10-19-2005, 10:00 AM
typhoon
Sarnak

Can't wait to try it. For some reason your site isn't responding.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:37 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Default v0.21 released

Changelog v0.21(Release)
- Some code's fixes. I've simplified them a lot so you guys can easily understand how to mess with them.

- PHP Telnet code reworked. It won't use the persistant socket anymore as it's very dangerous for the server to use them. Yes, with thoses settings, Apache could create a lot of pSocket without closing them, and crash.
Now, when you will use the commands, you will notice an error message in the world output. Don't pay attention, this error is normal because we immediatly kill the socket, the world output will warn you that the connection is dead wich is normal.

- As asked, you now have the possibility to install the secure patch. Edit the file secure/header.php and set your infos. Copy this file to your portal's index and voila! You will only log one time per session. There is no session's timeout in the current config but you can edit it in the secure/header.php file.

This version should work for any EQEmu version. Need more tests tough. It's highly recommended to have this version installed instead of the old ones.

Enjoy,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 11-12-2005, 04:56 PM
mrea
Discordant

It looks like for me most commands aren't working. Essentially everything that reads the database works, however I can't boot zones, shut down zones, OOC/tell/broadcast, or see who is online. I know it's a free thing you're doing for fun but if you could look into this that would be excellent!

Old 11-16-2005, 07:36 AM
Minlail
Sarnak

woot, thanks just saved me an ass load of time
Old 12-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Cans
Sarnak

Default Won't work :(

Hmm, for some reason when I try this, it fails to connect after 30 seconds and ends the attempt.

The SQL server and database are on the same computer that I'm running this, so shouldn't the IP in the config.php be 127.0.0.1? I tried my 192.168.2.xxx IP as well, but that didn't work either.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cans.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:49 AM
nadineemu
Sarnak

Default server variables?

hi there.... been playing with your tool for a while now... though im at a complete loss to know what to put it for some of the server variables.

for example : Expansions? what should this be..?

the only one i can figure out is Default Start zone. the others all confuse me

sorry for being a newb :(

Nadine
Old 01-10-2006, 09:01 AM
gottasummer
Discordant

This is nice, I have an idea, well I have had an idea for a while anyway... have EQEmu world server have that all built into it, and also be able to access different functions and methods from a web-based portal...
Old 01-10-2006, 09:09 AM
typhoon
Sarnak

Magoth78 any updates to this tool since v.21? I love just love it.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Damilis
Hill Giant

/cast resurrection thisthread

Links are all dead, anyone got a copy?