Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 03-30-2018, 06:49 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Default Crescent Reach Tradeskills

Are these quests already created just need activated, or. Do they need to be built ground up? If they're nonexistent, are there similar ones that are complete? (Not trophy quests, free skills for 30-40 points)

Thank you
Old 04-02-2018, 03:59 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Question

ok i couldnt find anything (the freebie tradeskill quests i found in database werent what i consider freebie ts quests as they dont just hand you the ingredients) i didnt look at the custom stuff really because i was looking to recreate the Live in this area.

now, i've never messed with Perl an iota, but i was digging trying to find how to make the quests etc and foudn that a lot of it has to be done in perl (or lua im guessing but i have Perl and i've seen it before) So, before messing with the SQL to make this an actual quest, I thought I should get the Perl right, as that's the entire basis of the quests except for handins. oh and i still have to figure out how to add the supplies prompt once it's 4 separate quests, not everything triggered off a hail and skill check.

so here's what I put together, but I can't get it to work. I started out having the multiple summons be && on same line instead of separate quest:summons, but i thought it looked wrong, and i tried that way first. The big thing I think I have wrong, is getting it to check the player's brewing skill in this instance. the only thing I could find to do that is what I used but it just seems wrong with parentheses inside parentheses and..well, it's not working. Any suggestions?

Code:
sub EVENT_SAY
{
	if($text=~/hail/i)
	{
		if($GetSkill(65) < 31)
		{
			quest::say("A fledgling brewer!  I've got a recipe for you to start out with.  Take these ingredients and make yourself some Spicy Sunrise."); 
			quest::summonitem(98259,20);
			quest::summonitem(98289,20);
		}
		elsif($GetSkill(65) < 38)
		{
			quest::say("Wonderful!  Now, to further that skill, you should try your hand at some Vanilla Coffee.  It's the perfect weather, don't you think?");
			quest::summonitem(58164,20);
			quest::summonitem(58033,20);
			quest::summonitem(98256,20);
		}
		elsif($GetSkill(65) < 46)
		{
			quest::say("If you'd like a little more spring in your step, my secret recipe Peppy Juice is just the thing.  I'll share the secret with you though, because you've been such a great student.");
			quest::summonitem(98259,20);
			quest::summonitem(58033,20);
			quest::summonitem(58070,20);
		}
		elsif($GerSkill(65) < 54)
		{
			quest::say("Ahh, that hits the spot.  Now, it's getting a little late in the day for me.  I've got a tasty evening drink recipe, if you'd like to try your hand at it.  This Simple Spiced Wine is perfect after a long day, I'm sure you'll agree.");
			quest::summonitem(58133,20);
			quest::summonitem(98289,20);
		}
		if($GetSkill(65) >=54)
		{
			quest::say("I'm sorry, your skill is too great for my help now.  Perhaps it is time to learn another craft.")
		}
	}
}
and yeah, it's saved as Brewer_Mesi.pl inside the crescent folder inside quests, because well, i thought i was looking for zones or world folder and i couldnt find them. so that could very well be the problem too.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:20 AM
c0ncrete
Dragon

The GetSkill method has to be called from an instance of an object derived from the Mob class. Your use of $GetSkill looks like it's assuming coderefs that I wrote in another script blurb (AutoTrain). The reason it's not working is that you don't have $GetSkill defined anywhere (that I can see in what you pasted anyways). You'll either need to pull that in from the script you got it from or use this:
Code:
$client->GetSkill($skill)
Additionally, you have a typo in one of your undefined methods. Then there's that last if statement at the end of the if/elsif chain...

As for suggestions? Something about less coffee comes to mind...
Old 04-02-2018, 05:34 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

yeah i just realized thats what i was going to do from the start and forgot by the time i found the brewing skillid. thanks for confirming it though before i try again.

i realized 1 i had a typo or 2 to fix that if it progressed to that opint wouldve failed it, and i also realized that the entire script had to work to return anything because my skill was too high. So, i've added the client-> parts, fixed the typos, and reset my brewing to 1 so i can try again. if doesnt work this time idk.

coffee? lol. nah coffee's too hot to drink, you gotta sip it when its fresh, or drop an ice cube in.

And..now it works at least at skill level 1, unfortunately there's no brewbarrel near the questgiver lol. I thought there was, maybe not.

Now I can get alll the rest of them set up, get them hooked into actual quests (though i never did the quests just used the free ingredients) add in the supplies clause, and do it again for any other zone that's supposed to have these. 1 step at a time.

...but first, gotta teach the server the recipe lol.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:28 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegila View Post
coffee? lol. nah coffee's too hot to drink, you gotta sip it when its fresh, or drop an ice cube in.

And..now it works at least at skill level 1, unfortunately there's no brewbarrel near the questgiver lol. I thought there was, maybe not.
I do believe brewing barrels (on live) are in the tavern ? As for hot coffee, I have the opposite
problem. Can't get it hot enough, haha. I'm usually nuking a cup in a 900w microwave for 2 min.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

HA thanks, some things that were ground in my head have disappeared it seems.

So, I got too tired before I completed creating the recipe, but what I was stuck on was the container. Can't possibly have to make a copy of recipe for every possible brewbarrel in the db, but I couldn't quite find the right thing to enter into the recipe for that. I refound the recipe editor tool I'd installed before, so I'll try using that. I really need to dump a link to all my tools in one place lol.

Almost there anyway. Once I do have it done, and repeat for all the other ts quests, how would I share that? I mean that's too much to just paste so I assume gotta upload somewhere, and in the appropriate thread of course.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:27 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

almost everythign is in the quests:need work section now. the recipes all work, and except alchemy and research, scripts are provided to make them all usable for free skillups as is (hailing appropriate questgiver results in supplies on cursor for the appropriate skilllevel). CUrrent dialog is NOT legit, just spacefiller. The scripts need to be made into legit quests still to call it all completed. Also, because theyre not actual quests yet, everyone can get poisonmaking and tinkering supplies, but I didnt check to see if you could attempt the combines. (i didnt see a way to lock recipes to particular classes so i assume the skills are locked by default)