Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development: Custom Code

Development: Custom Code This is for code thatdoes not emulate live and wont be added to the official code.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2018, 09:43 PM
Osiris.Envy
Fire Beetle

Default Focusable Spells

From what I can tell certain spells are 'focusable' and some spells are not. The spells that are NOT 'focusable', are returned with focustype 'focusFcMute' from the following code in spell_effects.cpp:

Code:
int16 NPC::GetFocusEffect(focusType type, uint16 spell_id) {

if (spells[spell_id].not_focusable)
		return 0;
        }
How can I alter spells that are not currently 'focusable' to be focusable? I would like to be able to tag just certain spells, I would not want to make wholesale changes to any spell that is currently tagged with focustype 'focusFcMute' only a selected few spells would be changed.

with my limited knowledge, I looked thru source, db, and other files trying to find how spells are tagged with focustype 'focusFcMute'. The best I can surmise at this point is that the spellID(spell_id) is involved.

thanks,