Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Default RoF 2 issues.

Some servers that have RoF2 Enabled on them, are completely unplayable, you can log in, make a character, and when you zone, it'll disconnect the client, EQ_OPEN as an example, made a toon, went to do the first zone, and it dc'ed me, and won't let me log back into that character, yet on EZ I can zone into the same zone just fine.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:52 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

I haven't had an issue with the client hanging on zoning. TGC and local test server work fine for me on RoF2; It's probably an issue server-side.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

I figured it out, it's zone. EQ_Open has two zones open. (People are in Nexus and Kurn and you can zone to Kurn, but not Crushbone) - That's an odd little thing it does.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

I don't even know what EQ_Open is? I'm assuming it's a server, and that the server operator only has two dynamic zones set to launch. Hence why you can zone into Kurn but not Crushbone, as it's already booted.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Bohbo
Hill Giant

I have it set to 20 dynamic zones, It has been needing a restart but i didn't want to kick people off. It is just freshly restarted PM me if dynamic zones are capped under 20.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Jahosphat
Sarnak

Check out Stormhaven.. it's a ROF2 dream! http://epicdawn.com/forums/portal.php
Old 01-02-2015, 10:54 AM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Piggybacking as I'm too lazy to make my own topic.

Anyone know if there's issues with hotkeys on ROF2?

I was able to try one server with it so far this AM. Worked fine, except, I could not make hotkeys from clickies in bags. They worked by manually clicking, but I could not throw them on hot buttons as I could before. Not even worn items, or top level inventory clickies were working to put on hot buttons. The icon flipped over to my worn charm, but would not "stick" when clicking a hot key with the mouse.

That sounds confusing, here's what I was doing if it's less confusing:

Click/hold on an item, button pops over to charm rather than a button of the item. Click hotbar, nothing sticks.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Uleat
Developer

Nope, not confusing...

It's a known issue and one of the other dev's has looked into this.

If I recall correctly, it's related to the use of serial numbers..and we currently have not narrowed down the proper implementation for them in
the newer clients.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-02-2015, 01:59 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenelan View Post
Anyone know if there's issues with hotkeys on ROF2?
See the Development Thread for RoF2 for details of known issues and their status:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39092

The hotkey issue is not really a broken existing feature, it is a new feature to RoF+ clients. Holding Click on an item will create item-based hotkeys once the new feature is supported in EQEmu. The old/existing feature of creating a slot-based hotkey is still fully functional. To create a slot-based hotkey, hold ALT+Click on the slot. This will work like it did for any previous clients. The new item-based hotkeys work differently, as they will actually follow an item around your inventory if you move it to another slot (which will be really handy I am sure).
Old 01-02-2015, 02:31 PM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Didn't know about the Alt+Click nor the Development Thread. Quite handy on both, thank you for the answers.

Yeah I recall it following my mount around on live. Quite handy, that.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:01 AM
sunbeam
Sarnak

Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me some help with this ROF2 client.

I am not a dev, just a player.

I have a problem.

The server I play on has the old zones enabled. I can access them with my Underfoot client, but not with my ROF2 client.

I have a patch that is for Underfoot that fixes this for that client, but it doesn't work with the ROF2 client.

Also looking in the directory for ROF2 I see entries for at least most of the missing zones.

I vaguely remember renaming some files way back, but does anyone have a link to what you need to do?

And will what you do to get this going for Underfoot work with ROF2?
Old 01-09-2015, 11:43 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

RoF+ cannot enter the zones. You can probably get some hacked way to do it, but without some DLL injection or something RoF+ canning enter those zones. (Ex. Old freeports, west/east commonlands, etc)
Old 01-09-2015, 11:44 AM
trevius
Developer

This is the wiki page for UF that covers at least some of the missing file issues and most of that should still be relevant on RoF2:
http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?UFMissi...etting_Started

Basically, for any old zones you have issues with, just search the folder from an older client such as Titanium, SoF, SoD (and maybe an already patched version of UF) for all file names that include the zone name you are unable to access. Then, copy all files in the search results to your RoF2 folder. That should let you access those old zones without issues.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:18 PM
sunbeam
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
This is the wiki page for UF that covers at least some of the missing file issues and most of that should still be relevant on RoF2:
http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?UFMissi...etting_Started

Basically, for any old zones you have issues with, just search the folder from an older client such as Titanium, SoF, SoD (and maybe an already patched version of UF) for all file names that include the zone name you are unable to access. Then, copy all files in the search results to your RoF2 folder. That should let you access those old zones without issues.
Uhhhh...

I know who you are, and the work you have done on your server. There is no doubt you know what you are talking about.

But I looked in my ROF2 directory and I already have files with those names. I went to a copy of the game that I can access these zones with, and copied the ones in the link. I did not copy them over, but every file was exactly the same size, or there was only a few bytes worth of difference.

I'm going to log on to Stormhaven and see if I can access those zones on your server.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:45 PM
sunbeam
Sarnak

You know I put up a response, but I don't see it here.

I logged onto Stormhaven and was sent to the old Freeport zones without any files copied to my steam ROF2 installation.

So evidently is something to do with how my server is set up.

Incidentally Lavastorm was the new Lavastorm, but I couldn't go to Nektulos. Not sure what version of that you are using.