Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:35 PM
Jahosphat
Sarnak

Thumbs up Does this server exist anywhere?

Is there a server out there that matches something close to this:
1) Attempts max live level... 100
2) Allows Merc + Bot, more geared for soloing
3) Disables all "FLAGS" so you can do what you want
4) Enabled #zone
5) Higher rate at XP gain
6) Not as important, but disables no-drop

Thanks guys! I have yet to find anything like this.

I wish we had a server list that had check boxes for what the goals of the server were
Old 05-19-2015, 03:48 PM
kaos00723
Sarnak

The problem with servers that offer the features you are looking for is that they run out of content within 1-3 months max.

You get to 100 fast and easy with higher xp gains and bots/mercs make it that much easier. Once you have all the best items, max level, and a ton of aa's there is simply nothing left to do on these kind of servers.

They eventually run out of players and the owner ends up shutting the server down.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:48 PM
jabedoben
Sarnak

I miss Last World so much. =(
Old 05-19-2015, 09:57 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

/agree Jabe
Old 05-19-2015, 11:52 PM
atrayas
Hill Giant

Swing by Imperium. We have a few of those on that list but not all.

Level 80 max level.

All zones up to GoD unlocked via progression. #zone enabled as well.

Custom content being developed beyond GoD with some already released.

Most items are not no drop.

2 Bots per client.

Server is setup as a solo level and duo+ raid. We have been around since november of 2014 and still keep an active player base and an active GM Staff so you won't have to worry about not having anything new to do.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:11 AM
ggizzo44r
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrayas View Post
Swing by Imperium. We have a few of those on that list but not all.

Level 80 max level.

All zones up to GoD unlocked via progression. #zone enabled as well.

Custom content being developed beyond GoD with some already released.

Most items are not no drop.

2 Bots per client.

Server is setup as a solo level and duo+ raid. We have been around since november of 2014 and still keep an active player base and an active GM Staff so you won't have to worry about not having anything new to do.
I was just going to say this. Best server I've found so far.
-jezril
Old 06-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Davood
Discordant

alakamin is still floating . the server code hasn't been updated in over a year. its quite custom. some of the stuff on leetsauce productions was inspired by alakamin. I think I gave that dev a copy of all my stuff like 2 years ago when I basically gave up development to work on RL project.

alakamin was just a technical experiment by me, and i just kind of let it run . there are top 10 lists, player deities (granting powers to your worshippers etc) and other ridiculous stuff like monster races (100+ varieties but mostly lacking the skills atm since i dont have time) and the server itself basically is devoid of lore. it is a 100% dungeon crawl that will last you months and months. and you can switch classes and gather AA abilities from multiple classes .

if you want to just sit there and slaughter things non stop forever and collect loads of loot

please visit!

i think i have 400 zones opened up and 30 tiers of progression completed and available to players. there are another 40 tiers of zones that are almost ready. they have the npcs and the loot drops, but are missing some of the boss npcs and the quests and flagging steps to open up those zones.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:37 PM
Davood
Discordant

oh and there is an npc in the guild hall that lets you grow a p***.. seriously try it out it works hahaha. its the halfling in the pool. there is also a hat changer (human female wearing erudite hoody) and some other trickery aviailable as well

Last edited by Davood; 06-28-2015 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: hall not lobby
Old 07-15-2015, 09:06 PM
Davindarv
Fire Beetle

http://alakamin.us.to doesn't work for me. Kicks me to a page where I can get alakamin as a subdomain. No files no forum. Tried it in Chrome and Firefox.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:57 PM
nenelan
Hill Giant

You can get an old snapshot of the website here: https://web.archive.org/web/20130729...lakamin.us.to/

I know Davood has been working to get back into the swing of devving, maybe he'll put it on again in the future. 2 or 3 of us have been enjoying it here lately.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:24 PM
Karnon
Fire Beetle

Imperium is a good one, but the warpers / cheaters are ruining it more every day. It has great potential, it truly does.

The custom high level content just put out is fun, but you can buy all the new gear in the bazaar because basically everything is tradable. So, pay to win, and warp ahead!
Old 07-16-2015, 01:46 AM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davood View Post
alakamin is still floating . the server code hasn't been updated in over a year. its quite custom. some of the stuff on leetsauce productions was inspired by alakamin. I think I gave that dev a copy of all my stuff like 2 years ago when I basically gave up development to work on RL project.

alakamin was just a technical experiment by me, and i just kind of let it run . there are top 10 lists, player deities (granting powers to your worshippers etc) and other ridiculous stuff like monster races (100+ varieties but mostly lacking the skills atm since i dont have time) and the server itself basically is devoid of lore. it is a 100% dungeon crawl that will last you months and months. and you can switch classes and gather AA abilities from multiple classes .

if you want to just sit there and slaughter things non stop forever and collect loads of loot

please visit!

i think i have 400 zones opened up and 30 tiers of progression completed and available to players. there are another 40 tiers of zones that are almost ready. they have the npcs and the loot drops, but are missing some of the boss npcs and the quests and flagging steps to open up those zones.
What's this geared towards level cap (65) solo/group/raid/xp/aaxp rate/zone xp bonuses new/old?

Looking for something Titanium compatible anywhere from Classic up through GoD which has no bots/mercs/boxing or worst cases 2box limit and allows for soloing to a point, but is group/small 2 group raid focused. If it's also a little bit hardcore level loss on death mode, but retain items and no corpse retrieval that would be a added bonus. What you mentioned though sounds interesting you defiantly played off some ideas I spoke about on forums in the past so grabs my attention naturally. That's a nice server base at least.

If you could make deities open to all races/classes and lump the deities themselves into TZ/VZ flagged factions I'd be absolutely sold on this server's potential to get better and better over time.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:45 PM
mpano66
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Looking for something Titanium compatible
Just out of curiosity....why titanium?
Old 07-16-2015, 07:59 PM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpano66 View Post
Just out of curiosity....why titanium?
Hard coded zone compatibility for classic era zones like old highpass.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:32 PM
Davood
Discordant

knowom:

levels go to 100, it works like this

tiers 1 to 6 allow you to go to level 60, if you beat tier 6 then the level cap goes to 70, and each tier above that raises the level cap by 1. I think the max level right now is 92 or 93, as tier 30 is the highest tier that I have opened up.

Levels, gear abilities etc are temporarily reduced if you go to tier 1-6 zones as those are considered the lesser planes and the prime material plane.

After tier 6 you are considered a "Demi god" and after tier 15 you have the option to ascend to actual godhood and attract followers by spawning interactive avatars around the world. followers and gods get various bonuses. if i ever have time to do proepr developmetn cycles again, i willi expand this to be more "obvious" and create "spheres" of influence that can be fought over by player gods.

monsters are essentially the same as PCs but with amazing extra abilties, so they don't get to enjoy some of the heroic benefits of being a pc race (special augs / charms)