Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:17 AM
xanto101
Fire Beetle

Default I need an alternative server to play on

I am searching for a server that is quite similar to EQ IMPERIUM, this server got shut down for no reason (along with my paladin with his mighty Fiery defender, dust in the wind...), its player base (including me) were waiting weeks for it to come up back again, but it did not. You can still see it being up in the EQ EMU server list, but it will connect you to another server called ''Forever Quest'' which is not what I am looking for.

I have read about a server similar to Imperium called ''Maceblade's server'', but it has very few detail on how to access it, thus the fact that it doesn't appear in the server list AT ALL, which is deceiving.

So there are the specs I am looking for:

- A solo / duo / group server
- Where it can allow boxing and boxing, or not. I don't care much about it
- Where you can progression through Tiers, going from Classic content, and all the way up to GoD (Kunark, Velious, Luclin, PoP, GoD). Can have custom content along the way if it does, but keeps the original content.
- Where there is custom NPCs and merchants to help through.
- Where it has a fairly populated population (around 100 is okay)
- Raids can be soloed or grouped with other players and be scaled down so it's not too hard to get things done, but still difficult enough so you have the possibility to die if you fuck up.
- Nice GMs are always fun to have.
- Normal or Fast leveling OR instant level 50 with basic starting gear (but you still have to gear up yourself and get AAs).

Please don't answer me ''Go make your own server hurr durr'' I ain't a programmer or anything. I am just a late Everquest Fan that wants to discover the old content himself, because of his limited time in Real life (college student atm). I played p1999 before, but I don't have that much free time these days to dedicate to leveling (until holidays hops in, I will be free).

Thanks in advance everyone. The EQ community is a nice place that I really like. Looking forward your answers. Have a good day everyone.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:28 PM
sastic
Fire Beetle

Default You can try...

Leetsauce Productions. Server is fun (well in my opinion anyway), has an active friendly GM (Elvis) and new content is fairly regular.

I personally like the ability to use MQ2 in the same ways as you could on Imperium and it is very solo friendly.

The link next to the server name has the website and from there you can find the spell files you will need to help get you started.

Just my 2 pennies.

If you have questions if your there look for either Tacath or Frogger and I will do my best to help.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:29 PM
xanto101
Fire Beetle

Default About the website...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sastic View Post
Leetsauce Productions. Server is fun (well in my opinion anyway), has an active friendly GM (Elvis) and new content is fairly regular.

I personally like the ability to use MQ2 in the same ways as you could on Imperium and it is very solo friendly.

The link next to the server name has the website and from there you can find the spell files you will need to help get you started.

Just my 2 pennies.

If you have questions if your there look for either Tacath or Frogger and I will do my best to help.
I clicked on the website, leading to the forum. It says that there is a high number of posts, and when I click on the link to the list of general posts, there is nothing. Not a single post. I don't know if either it is a bug or no,
but there is nothing I can find in term of posts. The forum is empty. Is that normal?
Old 11-30-2015, 05:35 PM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Some forums can require registration & log in before showing you posts. This is nothing I've played/looked in to, but I imagine that's the key you are looking for.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:44 PM
atrayas
Hill Giant

Imperium has been back up since Thursday but has quite a few glitches atm because of the transfer from a windows based host to a linux based host. Everyones characters are still intact with all of there equipment and flags. We are working diligently to fix anything that was broken and hope to be back to normal asap.

And just an fyi the server didn't shut down for no reason as it was all explained on our forums.