Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:24 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

Default is it worth keeping?

ok i know the SoF client is still undergoing development but is it worth keeping at the moment cuz no servers out there use it at all so i was just curious
Old 04-10-2009, 04:46 AM
KLS
Administrator

I'd say so personally, development for it is almost complete.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:41 AM
WillowyLady
Sarnak

Yes, I would say it is deffo worth keeping, as you juggle around a little and use both clients if wish.

If you look the current changelog you can see how well it is coming along!

Both my clients are broke at the moment, so I have raised a new topic in that regard. No doubt it will get sorted soon enough.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:56 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

are there any servers out there that currently use the SoF client?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:38 PM
xinu
Sarnak

Storm Haven i know has the SoF client enabled.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:12 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, Storm Haven is enabled and fully up-to-date on the SoF code. Since I have been doing a lot of the development for it, I make sure to keep our server current with it. Not only does that give people a place to be able to check it out, but it also let's us get bug reports on it. Though, there aren't really many bug reports from it lately, since a large number of the initial issues have already been corrected or are at least noted to be corrected in the future.

Feel free to stop by the server and check it out. Derision just put in a new quest command that let's servers check which client a player is using, so I added a porter to Nexus that will port any client using SoF to the new SoF zone we are currently working on. Right now, Crescent Reach is the only SoF zone under development, but it is going to be a while before it is finished. It is mostly spawned now, but we still need to do pathing, loot, quests/tasks, etc. I am leaving the zone accessible even while it is under development just so players can come and see what to expect from SoF. I am working on this every night, so people should be able to check back and see regular progress on it.

You can of course still play in all of the Titanium zones while using the SoF client. But we plan to get leveling content from 1 to 70 on SH as a priority for now (my personal goal). We are keeping to some high standards for quality of content, so it will still be a while before there is a whole lot to do in SoF. At least on Storm Haven. Once it is done though, I think it will be really fun all around.