Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 09-04-2010, 09:29 AM
wheeljack
Fire Beetle

Default Is consenting backwards?

So I was looking at making group/raid/guild autoconsenting work and I found something unusual. When consent is given, the consent is stored on the person who has been granted permissions and not the corpse. The effect of this is that the person granted permissions has consent for all current and future corpses, whereas live requires consent on each death.

The consenting for group/raid/guild (via autoconsent or /consent group|raid|guild) shouldn't be much problem with the existing setup. The /deny group|raid|guild becomes a little trickier with this setup if somebody that was consented via those methods leaves the group/raid/guild since they are no longer in the list to iterate. It also gets tricky if the person doing the consenting leaves the group/raid/guild.

Can somebody with a live account verify behaviors under some of these cases?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:14 AM
ptarp
Fire Beetle

I played until fairly recently, and it seems to me that the corpse is what kept the list of who could drag it.. So the corpse became a spawn with a list, and /consent added to the list, /deny removed. The auto-consent list is made when the corpse was.
Someone entering the group after the corpse was made never got group autoconsent, kind of like looting an npc corpse the group killed before inviting someone else. That player could never loot until the corpse unlocked. Same principle, they weren't in the group or raid when the pc corpse was made, they couldn't drag.

I'm fairly certain those that had consent to start with when the corpse was made were consented even after leaving group/raid or whatnot, but never future corpses, or past ones made before group or raid. If that makes any sense..
That would fix the problems with the person that's consented losing consent because of zoning also.