Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:39 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Can I do my buddy Jesus meme? Please?
Old 10-12-2015, 03:48 PM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

Everybody loves Buddy Jesus.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:09 AM
MarcusD
Banned

Quote:
If ALL the work was shared, only two things would result:

1. You'd have 40 servers running the same copy (regardless of how authentic) and to my knowledge, there aren't even 40 official Live servers anymore, so population would scatter (best case scenario)

2. People would end up hacking away at the released quests/DB to where, it becomes moot.

Am I missing something? I have to be.
Ya you are assuming everyone are mindless drone retards. If you want to know what would really happen look back to an open source movement like Linux. Linux is the most targeted OS for malicious hackers and every distro is exactly the same. Wait a second... actually the opposite is true.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:18 AM
Drajor
Developer

Quote:
In p99's quest to please the donators (or themselves not sure) they have utterly wasted east commons.
When you prefix your post with like this I find it hard to take you seriously and I suspect others will feel the same. My unsolicited advice is to tone it down and get on with whatever it is you are doing.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:37 AM
MarcusD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drajor View Post
When you prefix your post with like this I find it hard to take you seriously and I suspect others will feel the same. My unsolicited advice is to tone it down and get on with whatever it is you are doing.
I think if anyone wants to consider donating time to p99 either playing or deving they should consider that it is closed source and their hard work could be gone in a day.

And if anyone wants to consider donating money that their money could be used for champagne and strippers.

Just saying their closed door policy doesn't exactly inspire confidence. So that's why I think statements of mine like you referenced should be taken seriously.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:52 AM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusD View Post
Ya you are assuming everyone are mindless drone retards. If you want to know what would really happen look back to an open source movement like Linux. Linux is the most targeted OS for malicious hackers and every distro is exactly the same. Wait a second... actually the opposite is true.
Yes, because EQEMU is an operating system, a kernel, the basis of everything. As I believe at this point, you're trolling, I'll just take that step back now and go on with my lurking of your posts. And, in the off chance that you're aren't trolling, all this time spent giving responses, could sure be better spent getting you closer to your goal.

Toodles.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:23 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I like kittens.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:14 AM
phorest
Sarnak

I like tater-tots.. and fire trucks!!
Old 10-13-2015, 09:21 AM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Bacon!

/10char
Old 10-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusD View Post
I think if anyone wants to consider donating time to p99 either playing or deving they should consider that it is closed source and their hard work could be gone in a day.
So I'm guessing my initial theory was correct. You got banned from P99 and came here to whine about it. Now that nobody is paying attention, you've gone into troll mode.

If, somehow, you're serious, the "hard work could be gone in a day" argument is true for every MMO on the market as far as the player is concerned. At any moment, EQLive, WoW, SWTOR, GW2, etc, etc could close up shop, meaning their players "hard work" would be lost. That's a risk you take in any online gaming environment, not just one specific EQEmu server.

There's also a logical failure thinking that a server that's fought hard through multiple DDoS attacks, spent a bunch of money on hardware, and spent years of development time would randomly up and close for no good reason.

So that brings me back to my initial thought: You got banned from P99 and the past few days have been a pants-on-head feet stomping event. Well, if nothing else, you made me think about P99 and I spent a few hours on my lowbie Rogue last night. So thanks!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:55 AM
silentshockwave
Fire Beetle

Here is the way I look at it. I will start with the fact that I myself don't like p99 for my own reasons but I don't go about my day thinking about how much I dislike p99. I go about my day working constructive things or playing on an emu server I enjoy instead of ranting about every reason I dislike p99. In all reality all you are doing is wasting your time where you could be doing something either enjoyable or constructive.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:38 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

I like trains.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:54 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

I like servers that employ bots and are not Freemium(TM) or vaporware. Or raid addicts. Just cuz I have a folder full of Mort's deleted drunken rampages against Secrets, Trevius and crew.

P.S.S.S.S.

Miss you Scorp/Lastworld

Seriously Servers. Step up your game. Leetsauce comes real damn close. Rest, get your ass back on Emu. We miss you.