Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:12 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Default LIBMYSQL.dll error

I searched but could not find it.. I am having problems (after following the setup guide in this section). When trying to run startup.bat i am getting the following error:
Code:
The application has failed to start because LIBMYSQL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.
Then, of course, I am also getting the perl58.dll was not found error... Anybody know what might cause this?

I am using Windows Vista 64 Home Premium
mysql 5.1.38win64.msi
perl 5.10

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 09-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Krakfor
Fire Beetle

I'm no expert, but have just recently got a stable working server. I experienced both the problems you have.

The DLL you're missing (libmysql)- I just Google'd it and unzipped the file into my windows\system32 folder. If you still can't find it, reply and I'll try and find a link or host it.

Perl58.dll is not being found, as it's a perl 5.8 file, hence perl 5.10 won't have it. I had a lot of problems getting a version of perl to work correctly. After trawling the boards here, the version that seems to work for people (me included) is Ver 5.8.8.824. You can get it here.

Completely uninstall your previous version and then go with this. As I said, I'm no expert, just commenting on what worked for me. Please, if someone else offers contradictory advice, go with them

Good Luck
Old 09-09-2009, 03:43 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Thanks for the reply... I have searched and found that the file LIBMYSQL.dll is there but not reading it for some reason... Maybe because I am using mysql 64???? I am going to uninstall and reinstall 32bit and see if all works out...

The perl issue I am aware of from searching the forums for a bit. I have downloaded that version of perl (again I was using 64bit) for 32 bit.... The 64 bit version 8.8.224 wont get you anywhere as there IS no repository for it. So doing
Code:
 ppm install DBI
does nothing but get you errors saying it cant find the repository (which I have found is actually true they dont exist).

After changing both of these, I will post back and let ya know if this solved it or not....

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 09-09-2009, 04:23 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

The perl revision that is needed can be problamatic as it can vary depending on who does the emulator compile and what version of perl that person is using. Perl x64 is troublesome to say the least, I won't say that it doesn't work but you will run into problems that don't exist in the x86 versions.

If you downloaded your emulator revision from http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list I think that it uses ActivePerl-5.8.9.826-MSWin32-x86-290470 and possibly a few revisions earlier will work.

If you haven't already read this: http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26643 then do so as it may shed some light on the problems that you are encountering.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:54 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Ok, thanks. Again I will give it a go with the 32 bit versions of things and will report back.. I had to take a break and ride the bike for a bit.. was getting frustrated....

I wait so long between setting up new servers, that things change so much, that I have to learn from step one... haha hell I used to be where you are, giving advice on how to fix errors and such... sounds funny!

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 09-09-2009, 09:56 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
I will give it a go with the 32 bit versions of things and will report back
Ok that worked, now I just get the 1006 error... I have read some about it and know that I am close, just need to get a couple of connection things right, and I'm good... Thanks for the help....

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 11-16-2011, 11:52 PM
Konlet
Fire Beetle

Default Link for Perl 5.8.8

A lot of the Perl links I saw weren't CURRENTLY working, try this one if you can't find one on your own: http://download.cnet.com/ActivePerl/...-10515887.html Good Luck; happy hosting!

EDIT: I apologize, this download may be incorrect. It seems that it ACTUALLY download 5.14 or so.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:40 AM
trevius
Developer

You must play a Necromancer :P
Old 11-21-2011, 10:23 PM
ptarp
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
You must play a Necromancer :P
Or a cleric.. Lotsa resurrected threads around here.. :p