Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:14 AM
omle_555
Fire Beetle

Exclamation Wrong Username.Password

Just installed a fresh copy of SOF followed the play guide of adding [LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

into the eqhost have several LS accounts tried them all and none worked.
also i had to download the launchpad i hope thats not bad.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:37 AM
trevius
Developer

LOL, if you downloaded the launchpad, you are probably connecting to EQLive and patched... You will most likely need to uninstall EQ completely and delete the Everquest folder completely as well. Then, reinstall it from the discs again and this time make sure you create a shortcut to eqgame.exe with the patchme option instead of making a shortcut to everquest.exe, as that is the wrong shortcut to make.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:55 AM
ptarp
Fire Beetle

Running your own server? I had a couple issues after I updated recently until I noticed that 'eqemulogin.ini' is no longer used, and I had to switch to setting up the 'loginserver.ini' that was included on SVN in the 'EQEmuLoginserver/login_util' folder.
Didn't see the change documented anywhere, but started digging after the login server showed an error about mysql connection failing.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:06 AM
omle_555
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
LOL, if you downloaded the launchpad, you are probably connecting to EQLive and patched... You will most likely need to uninstall EQ completely and delete the Everquest folder completely as well. Then, reinstall it from the discs again and this time make sure you create a shortcut to eqgame.exe with the patchme option instead of making a shortcut to everquest.exe, as that is the wrong shortcut to make.
u were right i reinstalled,

Now i got a issue the servers dont show on server screen