Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Jobe123
Fire Beetle

Default Box of Chocolates!

There is a server that has been having some uptime issues recently called !Box of Chocolates!. It is really a great server where every item in the game has random stats added to it, armor and weapons can have AC, Stats, Regen, Haste almost limitless combinations and it makes finding those weird less known items a wonderful experience, will my Mace of the Shadowed Soul be 29/30 or will it be 56/30 with 60 stamina and 100 AC.

However Like I said the server has been having some uptime issues, If the GM see's this comment I have a dedicated server I can use to host this if you like, just PM me and I'll be happy to help ya out man, I love this place.

Also everyone should give it a go, Increased regen cap (800) increased haste cap (300) and again wonderfully fun loot!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:48 PM
kimura
Hill Giant

Hey jobe,

Thanks for the offer! Although, i gotta be honest, i wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to go about doing that. How does that work?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Jobe123
Fire Beetle

Kimura I would set up your server inside a virtual machine on my server box. You could remotely connect whenever you wanted and edit just as you do now. Also I would allow you to have sole access to the server by allowing you to set your own password so even I can't access it. Not a great server 10 megabit down 5 up, but it handles about 100 folks with no lag and 100 static zones no problemo. Just lemme know via PM or this thread.

P.S. Kimura, your server is down! I need my crack fix......
Old 04-04-2012, 09:34 PM
kimura
Hill Giant

It's back up, i was my son's baseball practice, wife accidently shut it down while I was gone.... grrr

ok, i am willing to look into that, just tell me what I need to do
Old 04-05-2012, 05:09 AM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

Just wondering how your supposed to level when mobs nearly, instantly regen back to 100%
Old 04-05-2012, 08:34 AM
steve2517
Fire Beetle

Also being unable to send tells and ooc messages kinda sucks.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:39 AM
kimura
Hill Giant

I'm pretty sure that's only for the mobs that players typically fight when they are under level 20 because of the damage cap. That should be fixed next reboot.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:53 AM
kimura
Hill Giant

I apologize for the issues, but this server is in testing phase right now, that's why all this feedback is important.. I appreciate it and am trying to address everything. A lot is going in right now in RL, but i will be fixing things soon.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:14 AM
NoPulse
Fire Beetle

Hey kimura, kudos on the server! Don't let all the complaints from others beat you down. People can really be disrespectful sometimes and it can really be frustrating. Many servers have gone down because people don't know how to act properly around others. It's the main difference between feedback, and complaining.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:20 PM
kimura
Hill Giant

Tells and ooc has been working fine as far as I have seen. You're not able to steve?

Thanks nopulse, i appreciate it
Old 04-05-2012, 04:18 PM
satora54
Sarnak

I like the server myself exept for the listed problems, like me, as i write this, fighting an Orc Pawn like i have for the last 20 minutes lol, With The Guard Helping me!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Soulcold
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimura View Post
I'm pretty sure that's only for the mobs that players typically fight when they are under level 20 because of the damage cap. That should be fixed next reboot.
You should be able to change it so that damage scales better as people level to 20. I believe Darkness did something like that for Lootfest, so rather than hitting for 30 damage at level 10 you'd be hitting for 50 - 300.

Might be something to look into
Old 04-06-2012, 01:03 AM
RStefan01
Fire Beetle

I think the problem is that mobs aren't staying in combat with the player, and instead getting their out of combat regen rate, nearly healing to full. On clients that can track your combat status (I think SoD+?) you can see that you aren't going into combat. Probably the easiest way to prove this is what's happening is that feign death clears aggro instantly, as long as the mob isn't in aggro range when you stand up.

To level 1-10 I had to damage mobs enough that guards wouldn't KS, then dragged mobs over to the guards. For 10-20 I went to field of bone and dragged mobs to the cabilis guards. Needless to say it took forever.

It also seems that around level 25 or so, mobs seem to not have the huge out of combat regen, though attacking them still doesn't put you into combat. So, I can finally kill things by myself lol
Old 04-15-2012, 11:14 AM
satora54
Sarnak

Where has the server been?