Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:16 AM
shooteneq1
Fire Beetle

Default low fps / lag on new system

So i built a new system that is more than capable of handling eq. quick specs are ryzen 7 1700, rx580 8m, 32g ddr4 ram, an ssd........since putting it all together the other day and loading up my eq accounts i get bad lag/low fps. my latency shows im fine and on speed tests im running 150 up/dn but even just having 1 account online im only getting like 10-15fps. is there something im missing thats an easy fix? i have all current drivers for everything no virus scans blocking anything.....starting to be at a loss, im hoping someone has a potential simple fix before i start spending a lot of time trying to fogure the issue out, any help is much appreciated.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:39 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Graphics card drivers installed?
Old 12-14-2017, 02:26 AM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

AMD has allways sucked for EQ it somthing about a bus speed issue they a fix on forums here somewhere
Old 12-14-2017, 09:23 AM
shooteneq1
Fire Beetle

yeah new drivers installed and up to date. As of right now its a brand new build, all thats on the PC is win10 and my eq stuff and latest drivers of my hardware. my old system was an amd 8350 and r7 gpu and ran eq just fine. in fact i was able to box up to 50 accounts at one time on it and still have better fps than im getting with just 1 account logged on with new comp.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:50 PM
ghanja
Dragon

You've got hardware that go far beyond the minimum requirements, that, perhaps things are just running at "too new" of settings/hardware. Have you tried compatibility mode? I have only one Win 10 machine and I haven't attempted running EQ from it, thus a shot in the dark here.

Also, look to see how many cores EQ is using. You may need to set affinity for it to utilize more than one core. Beyond those things I'm out of ideas, as again I've yet to run EQ on the Win10 machine.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:16 PM
Uleat
Developer

/agree ghanja

Live actually runs into this problem a lot..but, they actually fix it in 'current' binaries.

We're sort of left in a lurch when it comes to new tech fixes...

Compilin' Dirty
Old 12-15-2017, 02:39 AM
kokey98
Hill Giant

turn all setting full bore. see if that does it.

set some 3d-app specific settings for eqgame.exe in 'crimson' or whatever the amd utility is called now. turn things up, not down... force 60fps etc.

if that still doesn't work, could try running a virtual machine. heck with all that ram, could do it on a ramdisk. i believe vm's can throttle cpu etc eh?

try hadrware mouse on/off. if doing full screen use windowed mode. all sorts of stuff to test out. stick to one thing at a time, so you can easily reverse anything and with the simpler possible fixes first. (although, i wouldn't suggest full screen mode, ever)

can you throttle a gpu? google will be your friend. "gpu and old games" etc
Old 12-15-2017, 04:48 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Delete eqclient.ini and delete eqOptions1.opt / eqOptions2.opt (if they exist)

Restart the game and try again.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:17 PM
shooteneq1
Fire Beetle

thanks for the tips guys, i ran onto an issue different from eq and im in the middle of just re installing windows now and starting from scratch. once im back up and running again i will start doing the trial and error. i typically run 50 boxes or more so i dont want to do anything that will hinder that, however right now i cant even run 1 account and it be fluid. I will say this, win10 does one hell of a job managing ram....i logged 50 accounts on the other day, i have them stripped using stick figures and such, and they were only using 70-100mb of ram each. thats pretty impressive. with 50 accounts logged on i was only utilizing 15% of my cpu and about 50% of my ram......however pretty much every account was operating at 1fps.......quit all my guys out but 1, and then he went up to 10fps lol........oh well going to start over with OS install and see where it takes me.