Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:19 PM
zerjz3
Banned

Default Infinite Unconscious Loop

I have noticed on my server that very often when a player gets knocked unconscious, and then "lives", eg the mob they were fighting dies while they are unconscious, the player is completely unable to regain enough health to stand back up again. They will cycle endlessly from falling down with -1 hp to standing up with 3hp for about .5 seconds and then fall down again. This in an infinite loop. Any ideas? Would this be related to the fact that I have lowered the Character:HPRegenMultiplier to 75 instead of the stock 100?

Edit: I just tested this myself by raising the rate to 100 and doing a #reloadallrules while encountering this loop -- it fixed the problem, which is cool, because that was annoying... but it also kind of sucks because I liked having a slower than average HP regen rate... pondering this some more and will test with numbers greater than 75 but less than 100....

Edit: It seems 100 is the only value that actually prevents this from happening. Oh well!
Old 12-05-2014, 05:34 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Code:
return (regen * RuleI(Character, HPRegenMultiplier) / 100);
75 lowers regen
100 = normal regen
> 100 = higher regen

infinite death loops was probably because you lowered their regen below 1 which might have got rounded down to 0 ... so they never regen HP.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Yeah, what NatedogEZ said. Example math below.

Regen is constant 100.
Code:
Rule: 50
(100 * 50) / 100 = 50

Rule: 100
(100 * 100) / 100 = 100

Rule: 150
(100 * 150) / 100 = 150