Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:34 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Correct. Any type of macro'ing or MQ'ing is not allowed.
This is of course your desire, but there is no realistic way to stop it unless you go to the extreme to hack a DLL like P99
Old 12-10-2013, 09:31 AM
provocating
Demi-God

No, I will got go to the extent he did. We will have low population, so it can be monitored rather easily.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Khokon
Fire Beetle

Hey All,

it is a very interesting server and setup. Population is low currently and thats a problem. But I'm sure this server can be very successful in the long run. And if not, shrug - personally I'm playing alone anyway.

At low to mid levels this plays like a classic server with travelling thorugh PoK and with veteran AAs for double exp, clarity etc once per day. Newbie quests do work so you can start a gear dependant class and get some decent equipment early on.
There is no trivialisation like defiant armor, so camping items in the old worlds does make sense. You get to see alot of the world.
Those expansions up to GoD contain alot of things to be discovered. The path to 65 is going to be interesting for sure.

Max level is 65, you have access to AAs. It will be very interesting to see how far you can get in velious with your dual box and later on in groups & raids.
I dont know the GM Provocating other than from his posts. But I've been looking for a server with an admin who is reliable. He's the best out there. Great Server.

Come on over and give it a try,
Best regards,
Khokon
Old 12-23-2013, 10:47 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khokon View Post
Hey All,

it is a very interesting server and setup. Population is low currently and thats a problem. But I'm sure this server can be very successful in the long run. And if not, shrug - personally I'm playing alone anyway.

At low to mid levels this plays like a classic server with travelling thorugh PoK and with veteran AAs for double exp, clarity etc once per day. Newbie quests do work so you can start a gear dependant class and get some decent equipment early on.
There is no trivialisation like defiant armor, so camping items in the old worlds does make sense. You get to see alot of the world.
Those expansions up to GoD contain alot of things to be discovered. The path to 65 is going to be interesting for sure.

Max level is 65, you have access to AAs. It will be very interesting to see how far you can get in velious with your dual box and later on in groups & raids.
I dont know the GM Provocating other than from his posts. But I've been looking for a server with an admin who is reliable. He's the best out there. Great Server.

Come on over and give it a try,
Best regards,
Khokon
I appreciate your comments Khokon, I saw you were on last night with Smyrna but I could not play. And you are right, we are reliable and I will do everything in my power to keep it that way. I intentionally do not mess with the content much, if at all. Things like the defiant I remove because as you said, it makes the old world armor trivial. Not messing with the content keeps things from getting out of balance. I do not want to change things mid-stream so this is it, I will not be changing xp rates, there will be no triple experience weekends or any non-sense like that. I will not be rewarding people because the server was down for two weeks, stuff like that. Since I have been on U-Verse the longest we have been down was maybe 2 hours, and that is because someone hit a telephone pole.

Yes, it will be challenging but that was draws me in as a player. There are only so many times I would want to send a set of bots in, it is just too clicky, I feel like I am playing WOW. So far my Druid Tenawulf is level 41 and the path has not really been that hard. I am getting to be a snare kiting expert again and that makes me happy. We are using the veteran AA's to help level a bit. It does encourage you to play daily to get that 30 minutes of double XP, it also makes you want to play multiple characters, I switch toons a lot. Honestly it is the most fun I have had in a long time and I think things are perfect. If we never get a high population, that is fine. I want dedicated players that are resourceful.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Xarekis
Fire Beetle

I like the concept of your server, Provocating. However, the prospect of dual-boxing without /stick & /stick hold is not so enticing.

I often have the problem of box-inflation on PEQ. I'd like to stick to dual or trio boxing, but I can't help myself and always revert to my 6-12 boxing ways

A server with a forced limit of two boxes sounds awesome! I'd love to see how it pans out. It will be difficult, of course, to get things done with a small economy in the state the server is in currently, but doable, provided the second box. Traveling is a pain without /stick, though. I understand that if you allow MQ2, you're going to have a difficult time policing just what functions players call- but /follow is dreadful!

Is there any chance you might consider the use of MQ2 strictly for the /stick functionality (not even to mobs, just for accurate following purposes)? It would be a huge improvement for play-ability and long-term enjoyment (less frustrating travel).
Old 12-23-2013, 01:51 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarekis View Post
I like the concept of your server, Provocating. However, the prospect of dual-boxing without /stick & /stick hold is not so enticing.

I often have the problem of box-inflation on PEQ. I'd like to stick to dual or trio boxing, but I can't help myself and always revert to my 6-12 boxing ways

A server with a forced limit of two boxes sounds awesome! I'd love to see how it pans out. It will be difficult, of course, to get things done with a small economy in the state the server is in currently, but doable, provided the second box. Traveling is a pain without /stick, though. I understand that if you allow MQ2, you're going to have a difficult time policing just what functions players call- but /follow is dreadful!

Is there any chance you might consider the use of MQ2 strictly for the /stick functionality (not even to mobs, just for accurate following purposes)? It would be a huge improvement for play-ability and long-term enjoyment (less frustrating travel).
Well since I am not versed in /stick maybe you can give me a link or someone could elaborate. In general I am not against anything that does not give a player an unfair advantage over other players, or require code or database changes. Also when you start allowing one thing, it opens up avenues for other things in the future. Sometimes it is better to just have a blanket policy. I will be making it to 65 on all of my characters without even dual boxing, given time. No one should be in a rush to level, stop and smell the flowers, take in the EQ lore and nostalgia.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Xarekis
Fire Beetle

/stick

It can be used to unfair advantage, imo, in combat, in that it has the capability of automatically placing your rogue, for instance behind the mob. The character would move with the mob, as well. But no combat functions are built into /stick. It's basically a powerful, more accurate /follow. It would prevent many a falling death, or run-past-through-a-mob situations that /follow creates due to latency.

edit: and yes, I understand how one things can potentially lead to another. It's your server, your rules, I was merely inquiring.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:05 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
/stick

It can be used to unfair advantage, imo, in combat, in that it has the capability of automatically placing your rogue, for instance behind the mob. The character would move with the mob, as well. But no combat functions are built into /stick. It's basically a powerful, more accurate /follow. It would prevent many a falling death, or run-past-through-a-mob situations that /follow creates due to latency.

edit: and yes, I understand how one things can potentially lead to another. It's your server, your rules, I was merely inquiring.
I would definitely take the stance on not allowing it, I think the players attracted to this type of server would probably also agree. We are resourceful players so we will find ways of getting there the old fashioned way. Sure we will die a lot, already have, but we will get there. The first player to get to 51 to start AA's, or the first one to get to a master tailor, they will know they accomplished something.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Xarekis
Fire Beetle

Haha. Ah, well, I may have to try anyway

The prospect of leveling a Tailor and a Blacksmith to craft Acrylia Reinforced gear does sound fun. That's how I got my start on PEQ . . . except, I hired the tailor
Old 12-23-2013, 02:24 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Well please stop by. I play a nice mix of characters right now, trying to farm some newbie armor and collect materials for trade skills. We are all helping each other get started, looking out for mats. The vendors in every zone retain sold items so even during a server restart, we can check and see if other players sold something we may need.

I will not be playing for long periods until maybe the 26th or 27th, because of the holidays. From Dec 27 ~ Jan 4 I will be playing a lot. There is one character in the bazaar selling damage shield potions, and sow potions. Smyrna is doing quite well making potions, helping us out. Those potions are making a world of difference helping us get leveled up. When I get to a point of being able to farm items I will also keep a guy in the bazaar during the day to help out anyone coming in.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Xarekis
Fire Beetle

I'll likely start my duo up tomorrow. I'm thinking either Druid + Beastlord, or the more "safe" option of Monk + Shaman. That FD would come in handy!

The vendors don't reset? Very nice! That will definitely help out a lot. See you around, hopefully I can contribute a little to the economy.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:32 PM
provocating
Demi-God

As you see toward the bottom of this page, the leaderboard for [HC] has a lot of blanks

I want to enhance it during the holidays to show leaders in trade skills.

http://www.dragonsofmist.com/Joomla/...=m2c&Itemid=87
Old 12-24-2013, 03:35 AM
Xarekis
Fire Beetle

Created my Monk and Shaman duo before work today because I couldn't wait, but I soon found out that my monk had all skills trained, and could deliver Flying kicks of 50+ dmg. Iksar mnk and shm, is this intended?
Old 12-24-2013, 09:17 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Created my Monk and Shaman duo before work today because I couldn't wait, but I soon found out that my monk had all skills trained, and could deliver Flying kicks of 50+ dmg. Iksar mnk and shm, is this intended?
I am looking into it right now. Everything is completely vanilla, but yes there does appear to be a problem with new monks. I am looking into it now, thank you so much for finding this so I can get it fixed now.

I found it in several threads, seems like something fairly new.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37570

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ht=flying+kick

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ht=monk+skills

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...monk+abilities

I am starting a test server today that I will update to the current source, just to see if the problem is there on a vanilla new install.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Xarekis
Fire Beetle

Oh, no problem at all! Thank you for being so quick to look into it! I guess I'll just stick to using the normal Kick and ignore the other skills. Or would it be best to wait- will characters be able to successfully revert to normal skill sets later on?