Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Kilesh
Fire Beetle

Looking for more players to join me here, I'll help get you started!

Send a tell to Brutal, as I have no life, I'm almost always on!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Davood
Discordant

All pc spells up to lv 100 are in

youll need newer.client.for newer spells
Old 02-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Kilesh
Fire Beetle

It looks as though all skills are fixed now, great job Davood!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Davood
Discordant

Alas, there is now a changelog !

http://alakamin.us.to/changelog.txt

I will put changes into there as I implement them.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Tenishan
Fire Beetle

Default Funsies!

This server is definitely a challenge for anyone who is tired of emu servers that you can beat in like a month or less.

It has a lot of potential and is constantly having new ideas implemented to it.

I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys dungeon crawl progression.

All content is weakened to be doable by a single group of players or a player and his/her bots. (I'm not saying you'll steamroll the content, you'll have to adjust your bot group/setup and farm gear to win still.)

If anyone joins the server and needs assistance with anything or has any questions, feel free to contact me in game.

I currently play as an SK named Bong.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Tenishan
Fire Beetle

Default Helpful info for new players

Some other fun things to mention about the server for new players:
-NO DROP tags were removed from just about everything.
-Items all sell fairly well so making plat isn't an issue and you can hit up EC which is full of vendors for loot for you and your bots.
-You can have 1 fabled per toon/bot at a time and they are dirt cheap and super common. I recommend players use a fabled weapon as it will be superior to just about any other slot the player would choose and they will use it for the long haul. (T20+ more than likely)
-There is a buff bot in the new player hub that gives 2 sets of buffs, 1 is free and 1 is a higher version that costs 100pp.
-There is a teleporter who grants you access to certain zones for each tier as you unlock them. They can also port you to EC to stock up on gear for you and your bots.
-You have the ability to use #peqzone once every 2 hours for almost all zones. (most progression zones won't let you peqzone there but you can peqzone to the next adjacent zone for faster travel still)
-There is a hotzone shouter npc in the new player hub who can tell you what the daily hotzones are for boosted xp. (They change everyday at server reset which is 6:30am EST)
-There are lots of quests you can do to net you some AA's early on if you wish to stock them up so you can buy stuff upon reaching level 51+, you can also buy AA via the Priest of Discord for 1k per aa. That sounds like a lot but plat is easy to make. You can buy them in quantities of 1, 10 and 100.
-If you don't like the class you chose but don't want to lose your progression on the server, there is an NPC in the new player hub who can change your class/race/deity/refund your AA's and you will keep all your gear and progression status. The only downside to this is if you are level 60 or under, you get reset back to level 1. If you are 61-100, it will simply cost you 100 aa's and you'll keep your current level.

Upon joining the server, all your skills will be boosted to 50 (Sense heading 200) and you get a gate item and 500pp and your quest for Tier1 progression. You have access to 3 bots to start with (Can make 10, but only spawn 3 at a time) and you'll have access to a 4th bot at Tier3 and a 5th bot to fill your party at Tier8.

If you worship a God player (T15+) , you get access to the worshipper abilities that that particular god has bought.
Some of these abilities are things such as being able to haste yourself whenever you want, call of the hero and having infinite lesson of the devoted for faster xp / aaxp.
You have to be T15+ to be a God, but you can be a worshipper from the day you join the server (provided the god spawns an avatar for you to hail and join their religion)

Some helpful ideas for bot support:
-Wizard bots do some pretty crazy crits so they are solid dps for mobs that don't resist tons of spells.
-Pet class bots have solid pets for tanking as well if you aren't a tank type.
-You can use bots to rez players, invis, sow, bind, port and much much more.

Deity Augs for your Race Charm:
-If you plan to tank for your group, I highly suggest choosing Brell Serillis deity. It nets you 500 raw AC by level 60.
-If you want to boost the hp and mana, Cazic Thule will net you 500 hp/mana by level 60.
-There are several options you can choose if you are going to be dps, the chart listed on the website makes it pretty easy to pick out what is best for you.

There is a lot more I could say, but that should be a good start to any new player. If anyone needs any help with progression or anything else, feel free to shoot me a tell or mail me in game.

-Decimator Bong Ripper The Hero of Thurgadin <I SLAY DRAGONS>
91 Bloodreaver
Old 03-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Davood
Discordant

Wow
that is an excellent overview thanks sude