Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 02-23-2007, 03:26 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Default GeorgeS Database tools updated

Just updated the npc editor
http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/eq.html

Added a few improvements such as -

NPC and Loot Editor
-Fixed and enhanced program functionality
-Ability to search by both name and lastname at the same time
-Added a simple and quick NPC creation tool
-Added user input for npcid for npc copying and npc creation. - This is for those who use npc id's based on formulas. You can now enter your id (as long as it's unused)
-Compatible to emu ver EQEmu-0.7.0-985

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 02-23-2007, 03:58 AM
Amra
Hill Giant

Thanks George!
Old 07-27-2007, 01:18 AM
ksmith08
Fire Beetle

George,

I downloaded your 'My Database Editing Tool Suite' And could not get it to run.

The error I was getting was something like 'directory or path not found.' I don't remember the exact error. I did change the *.ini file to match my system set-up.

I seen where you said to run the resource/register.ocx.bat Is that something that should have been in the zip package? Or did I miss another download somewhere.

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:26 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Make the winzip has directory option enabled to it preserves the directory structure.

GeorgeS

Old 07-27-2007, 01:48 PM
ksmith08
Fire Beetle

That part seemed okay. I extracted to a folder called "C:\eqtools" (I created that.) In that directory were 4 executables, a db.ini file, readme file, and a folder called 'help'

The help folder had 10 html files and a graphics folder (which of course was filled with jpeg files.)

The exact error was 'runtime 76 path not found.' The version of winzip I'm using had an option to extract files and folders, and I made sure that was selected.

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:42 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

My bad
I've uploaded a new updated .zip - try it now and thanks for reporting the issue

GeorgeS

Old 07-27-2007, 10:44 PM
ksmith08
Fire Beetle

Made a big difference. I'm downloading the MYODBC drivers now, but I'm able to at least run the executables now.

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:57 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Also, updated the source for my tools - this inlcudes everything except vb6 to run them.

GeorgeS

Old 08-28-2007, 05:05 PM
TheLieka
Developer

I just want to throw out some kudos to you man. I set up my server a few weeks ago, and (like many silent others, I'm sure) these things have been a lifesaver for me.

Thanks for all you do for the community; we really do appreciate it (even if we are quiet at times).

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I have updated many of the tools already. I'm in blitz mode and programing like crazy today. Must be the wine...

about the Quest Editor
Anyway, I did forget - someone asked how to rename a quest they added as a template. You simply hit the spacebar and type in the new name.
The new version has this shown below the button.

GeorgeS

Old 01-25-2008, 04:28 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

oh George, do you plan on revisiting your Tradeskill Editor?
I belive its long due for an update =)

overall it is tremendosly slow (well perhaps thsi due to sheer number of recepies...) also the clicking back and forth bitween 2 views (recepie list and detaisl) kind of bad (IMHO).
Perhaps the entire thing coudl be placed on a single window screen: list of recepies on the left and recepie editing details on the right.

can't think of anything else right now (must admit I don't use it very often since I haven't realy gotten to TS part on my custom world project)
Old 01-25-2008, 06:34 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I'll look into this and see what can be improved. I realized it's slow as hell when loading again and again. This can be fixed.

Removing the tabs so it works on one page may be a great idea...

I'll let you know how it goes.

GeorgeS

Old 01-29-2008, 04:16 PM
trevius
Developer

GeorgeS,

As I have said before, all of your tools are amazing. The NPC loot editor is awesome for multiple purposes.

There is something that has me puzzled about editing certain NPCs. The NPCs I am wondering about are NPCs that are spawned through a quest event. Since the NPC isn't actually listed for any particular zone (as far as I know), they don't appear to show up in the list.

One example is the Tower of Frozen Shadows. There are quests set in place for the key droppers and certain named to spawn that aren't in the NPC database for that zone. I am not exactly sure where they are unless they are just out there not assigned to any zone. This is much more apparent in potimeb. In potimeb, there is only 1 spawn in the database table, and it is a trigger spawn. Because Potimeb is a series of events, there are no real static spawns, they are all triggered. I am wondering if there is a way to list all triggered spawns for a zone, or even all spawns that aren't set to any specific zone that might be used for events such as these.

Maybe there is a way to set the mobs that aren't in the spawn table in any zone to be changed so they are actual normal spawns in the zone they are supposed to be for. Even if that change is a manual one.

As is, I am planning to completely respawn all of potimeb myself and set it up so it doesn't use triggers at all. It will be a fair amount of work to get it halfway decent, but if there was an option to move in the spawns that already exist, but aren't in that zones' database, it would really quicken things up.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have on this. If you have any questions, or need more specific examples let me know. An easy way to see this is to pull up potimeb in your npc loot editor, and then look at that zone in your quest editor as well. You will see the spawn trigger has a large series of events assigned to it. Although as far as I can tell, it is only complete up to the end of phase 1 (I don't see phase 2-5).

Last edited by trevius; 01-30-2008 at 12:20 AM..
Old 01-29-2008, 06:06 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

there are 2 easy ways to edit such npcs:
a) add them to any spawn group in the same zone with 0% chance to spawn, then they will pop up in Georges npc editor
b) edit them directly in mySQl browser
Old 03-23-2008, 01:21 PM
loglos
Sarnak

Default Editor finally working for me (fixed a.ocx error 339)

George,

When running most of your tools, I could get connected to the db but I could not get past the intro page. I would get:

Run-time error '339':
Component 'a.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

The test connection tool ran fine. It was something else. It took me a while but I finally figured it out and wanted to pass this info on. I'm not sure how many it will affect.

As far as I know, the second part of this will only affect those in Vista 64 Bit but the shortcut trick may work for those on Vista 32.

First, create a short cut to the file register_ocx.bat in the resource directory (from the zip you downloaded). In the shortcut to this bat file, edit the properties and select run as administrator. When you run the bat file, if it can't find the files, add the path to each ocx (as in the sample below).

For 64 bit:

c:\windows\syswow64 is actually where the 32 bit tools reside. There is a regsvr32 in system32 (which is 64bit) and a regsvr32 in syswow64 (which is 32 bit).

Edit the bat file so that it looks like this (or just create a new file):

Code:
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\a.ocx 
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\DXAnimatedGIF.ocx 
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\imagelist.ocx 
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\TABCTL32.OCX 
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\MSCOMCTL.OCX 

echo all registered
I got rid of the /s at the end of the commands because that was making it run silently and I was not seeing the error codes.

Now run the shortcut. You should get a dialog after each ocx saying that the dll was successfully loaded. Now the tools will work.

If you are running vista 64 and are having problems accessing mysql via odbc, post a reply here and I will write up a fix for that.

Hope this helps someone,

loglos