Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 03-28-2008, 05:13 PM
moydock
Discordant

Still errors out. However more info: It's creating an entry in loottable, and loottable_entries, but the loottable_entries points to a lootdrop ID that it makes up, and doesn't exist. I'm thinking this could cause the error? Shouldn't it just create an entry in loottable? And then add the others as you choose to add them in?
Old 03-28-2008, 05:45 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

So an empty entry in loottable = it errors out, but otherwise a non zero value there - the program works?

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 03-28-2008, 07:27 PM
moydock
Discordant

yeah, the only error i get is when there's no entry, and I try to create one.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:49 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

I am geting a new error in the recent releases.
When I go to
Tools > User Tools > Spell List - the spell list opens, and the whole thing freezes up.

basicly this part could be removed, since we also have a separate section called for spells, but just decided to let you know.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

So that I understand this - when you say there's no value - you mean there's not a 0, but empty like as a null value?

GeorgeS
Quote:
Originally Posted by moydock View Post
yeah, the only error i get is when there's no entry, and I try to create one.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:26 PM
moydock
Discordant

There's nothing, blank space -- No row in the loot tables exists for the npc.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:18 AM
trevius
Developer

GeorgeS, if you get a chance, here is a list of fields I think should be added to the NPC and Loot Editor:

qglobals
see_hide
see_improved_hide
trackable
ATK (new field just added today)
Accuracy (new field just added today)

At the very least, I think the 2 new ones should definitely be in there.

Thanks again for all of your work on these tools. The community is much better off with all of the effort you have put into these tools
Old 04-10-2008, 09:18 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

i belibe trackable is allready there.

new collumn should put somewheer closer to begining next to min/max damage.

and please, George- COLOR =) lets go back to gold on yellow, the red is killing me
Old 04-11-2008, 05:12 AM
trevius
Developer

Oh, and is it possible to add a way to change the stats of an entire column at one time, so it will change it for the entire zone? This would be nice to have to make quick changes. With this, you could easily make an entire zone see invis, or set all NPC resists, or any other stats that you wanted to do to all mobs in the zone. Then you could simply go back through and manually adjust the named or whichever ones you wanted to have different stats.

I would use this function quite often if it was added. As of now, I just double click and CTRL+V and go down the line for every NPC in the zone. This takes a very long time and a lot of clicks to adjust a whole zone of stats and resists, since that would be 10 columns total X the amount of NPCs in a zone.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:56 PM
fault
Hill Giant

how does the npc/spawn/grid editor locate npcs and what not? I had added a mob to the npc_type table and wanted to add drop susing your program and a grid, but when loaded that mob isnt in the program.

I was also able to fix my db issues with your ODBC drivers, the new ones from mysql don't work.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:26 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fault View Post
how does the npc/spawn/grid editor locate npcs and what not? I had added a mob to the npc_type table and wanted to add drop susing your program and a grid, but when loaded that mob isnt in the program.
the npc/loot editor ONLY shows npc which are on spawn table in a specific zone you curently looking at.
so if you created a NPC "bla" but eh is nto yet on spawning table of thsi zone- the editor will nto shown him.

untill he is added, in order to see him, you must search in all zones for its name in order to see it pop up in the list

OR you go into spawn editor, add this npc wher you want in, and then go back to npc editor- and he will pop up in the zone you added him too
Old 04-12-2008, 04:39 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Changes to a entire column in the entire list/zone can definitely be added in. The color changes will also be reverted as requested
I'll add these features in the next installment..

GeorgeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Oh, and is it possible to add a way to change the stats of an entire column at one time, so it will change it for the entire zone? This would be nice to have to make quick changes. With this, you could easily make an entire zone see invis, or set all NPC resists, or any other stats that you wanted to do to all mobs in the zone. Then you could simply go back through and manually adjust the named or whichever ones you wanted to have different stats.

I would use this function quite often if it was added. As of now, I just double click and CTRL+V and go down the line for every NPC in the zone. This takes a very long time and a lot of clicks to adjust a whole zone of stats and resists, since that would be 10 columns total X the amount of NPCs in a zone.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:14 AM
trevius
Developer

Woot, thanks GeorgeS! Did you see the post about adding the following fields in as well? I think they are the most important thing:

qglobals
see_hide
see_improved_hide
trackable
ATK (new field)
Accuracy (new field)

I know Chaos mentioned that trackable might already be in there, but I don't see it. I see findable, but I don't think that is the same thing. Or is it? The most important ones are ATK and Accuracy though. They play major roles in encounter tuning now. I can't wait to try out the next download of it! This tool is consistently getting better and better. And I thought it was amazing the first time I saw it lol.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:35 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Sorry, I did read - but yes I will include all those

GeorgeS

Old 04-24-2008, 05:08 AM
Toriad
Fire Beetle

I'm trying to create a new npc using this but I keep gettiing invalid race/class ^_^