Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:37 AM
501st
Sarnak

Default Master Race list (Live current 7/22/2014)

I went back and updated my super duper old master race list file to the current Live list (CoTF/ 7/22/2014, Max Race ID 781). I know no client beyond T1/2 RoF is even operational on EQEmu but it's nice info to have. Besides, right info and models can be force loaded into clients if you so choose.

It lists the ID of the race, the race name (some custom names to be more descriptive, some right out of dbstr_us.txt), and the file which the race is held in (or exact line for loading if it's not in a stand-alone file, such as old Classic-PoP models...although even many of these have been ripped into their own stand-alone files for simplicity if they are frequently reused.)

I made a few changes to the file as well. For one, it no longer lists whether a model is global or not. There are too many clients usable on EQemu for this info to be relevant and adding/removing global models is child's play anyway. If you want to cross reference globalload.txt or globalload_chr.txt (for SoD+) with the file to see what's global in the stock variant of your client of choice you can!

Secondly, I noted some unique info where available with certain races. Such as the recent changes/fixes to the Classic Drake model with the new drk_chr.s3d file on Live, or races that were previously missing but have been added in later expacs (such as ID 32 - Ghost, or ID 282 - Skeletal Horse) as well as overwrite models (PoP and HoT animated armor, or GoD and SoD Aneuks)

I no longer have the added textures list at the bottom (such as when a new expac adds a new texture to a pre-existing model) though I may note these later on in a future edit. Maybe.

As before, this file is pure text and doesn't contain pictures of the models. Though quick Zam searches (or memory searches, if you know the model by heart ) can suffice!

You may download it here if you'd like! hopefully people can find the info useful for server customizing . I know there's a list on the wiki but I tried to be more detailed with this, as well as the side-notes and info, and put it into a handy little file.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Your link leads to here: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=32594 which I don't think was your intention.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:56 AM
501st
Sarnak

lol no it wasn't!. Fixed
Old 07-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

This looks great! Nice work!

Any chance I could use it on my website?
Old 07-22-2014, 01:03 PM
501st
Sarnak

Go right ahead!
Old 07-22-2014, 03:53 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Thanks. Here it is: http://scorpious2k.tk/info/races
Old 07-22-2014, 06:00 PM
vithmiris
Sarnak

Thanks for this!