Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Default Server changes.

I've done a lot of work on the server and have added a lot of new content lately. Click my sig below and read up on all the changes. Hope to see you online. Enjoy.

Last edited by Drakiyth; 03-15-2015 at 09:27 PM..
Old 03-16-2015, 06:18 PM
vithmiris
Sarnak

I'll stop by again and check it out. From what I did see it had lots of potential.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:43 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vithmiris View Post
I'll stop by again and check it out. From what I did see it had lots of potential.
Hope to see you there.

I wanted to post this here because I know it's a huge change that a lot of players might find very interesting. (especially those who hated the AFK stuff)

After major consideration and letting it go on for months, I have ended the AFKing for Eriviyn Tokens finally. This change is because I feel being rewarded for doing absolutely nothing is not productive, nor does it make a good impression for new players. I feel this system has hurt the server more than helped it honestly. With that said, I am going to make earning Eriviyn Tokens more rewarding for the hours you do put in. (Especially Boss Slaying in the End-Game)

• Players no longer get Eriviyn Tokens being AFK. The pop-up message will explain this now.
• More daily quests of various levels will be added soon to encourage being active to earn tokens.
• Players are now able to purchase Eriviyn Tokens from Veracross (Commander Token Vendor) for 15 each.
• Veracross is now available in Oceangreen Village not just outside of the latest raid.
• Greatly increased the power of the Dedicated Augments.
• More powerful items are coming to the Eriviyn Token system.
• Bristlebane now grants Commander Tokens when slaying him.
• Bristlebane the King of Thieves (there are 2) now grants Commander Tokens when slaying him.
• Queen Dracnia (Fabled as well) no longer drops Commander Tokens because of her spawn time.
• Velketor now grants Commander Tokens when slaying him.

• The Dedicated Augments have been significantly improved.

More coming very soon. Stay tuned.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:39 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

After some careful consideration and a lot of endless nights thinking about this, I am going to make a move here that some of you might not agree with and some of you might enjoy greatly. This subject has been pretty touchy on Eriviyn for a while now. No matter which side of the coin you're on, you can't disagree with Eriviyn's current state, that it's a little difficult to progress without needing the help of a guild or people you know. (pugs are possible but not always there for folks, and nothing sucks more than being stuck) Some players are turned off by this completely because they much rather just enjoy the server by themselves instead of group. Everybody has their own play-style when it comes to MMORPGS, and I truly feel disallowing boxing is cutting-off a lot of players who would jump on here if they actually could box. With this said, I am going to allow players to box 2 extra accounts per IP starting on Weds the 18th at 7:00pm MST. *(When I get off work tomorrow)

With a change like this, things will be happening soon:

• Eriviyn Tokens will become NO TRADE once again starting Weds the 18th at 7:00pm MST, so make sure you get that situated on your characters before the change goes through.
• Commander Token prices (including Eriviyn Tokens) will more than likely increase due to more characters in the raid building those points up per kill.
• Locked-Out timed instancing is something I might possibly look into if this change brings back a ton of players.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

MORE UPDATES AT 9:40pm MST on 03/22/15

These are very important to share with everybody because these changes have fixed a lot of the problems the server was having before, which was mainly poor itemization at the beginning, weak enemies that you could bulldoze etc. The server is far more challenging now.

SERVER CHALLENGE ADJUSTMENT
Everybody wants to play a game where they have a chance to die or the game is pointless right? This is something I feel Eriviyn has lacked greatly in the normal game before players go to Velious. Mobs were simply wimps, posed zero threat, and were simply not scaled to match the power level of players with their path items. This is something I absolutely needed to change. Eriviyn needed to be more challenging. Period. Here is what has happened and more changes could be coming.

• Normal Zone NPCs have had damage adjustments to make them more challenging as they scale in level.
• Normal Zone NPCs have had their HP balanced out on a scale chart.
• Normal Zone Named NPCs have exactly 5 x the hp of a normal NPC that level now and hit 100% harder.
• Normal Velious Zones are easier to transition into from old world now.
• The NPC you need to kill (Horrid Oddity) for the Iceclad Ocean Daily quest is now much easier to slay for new 60s.

OTHER CHANGES
• Eriviyn Tokens now cost 7 Commander Tokens (Down from 15)
• Animator's Dancing Marionette no longer overwrites the Skyshaper's Perfect Self buff.
• Replaced the old IP rules with: Players can box 3 accounts per IP but don't abuse this with fake IPs. We have ways of tracking you.
• Every single item in the database with the 7 main stats has been upgraded to the item script. This has greatly improved many items that were lacking horridly before.
• Items that didn't have STA but had HP on them now only have some HP if they have any other positive stat on them.
• Bonus damage on some items has changed slightly from what it was before. These should be buffs though.
• All stats now give a little bit of HP to items but STA and HEROIC STA is the major boost.
• Fixed the Regen, Mana Regen, Endurance Regen on items.
• The Strange Glowing rock (starter item) now has STA on it and a nice boost of HP.
• The Piercing Shard of Truth is now tradeable.
• The level 20 armor sets from the Kromwell the Genius quest have been improved.
• The level 20 weapons from the Dalaphus Vilgron quest have been improved.
• Items that currently had no STR, DEX, STA, AGI, INT, WIS or CHA now have at least 3 STA and 1 HEROIC STA on them. (which produces HP and regen in the script) This includes all items that fit in any slot that had 0 STR, DEX, STA, AGI, INT, WIS or CHA.

LIVE AA CHANGES
• AA level requirements never go above level 60 now.
• All classes now get the Pet Discipline AA to control their pets better.
• Added all Planes of Power expansion AAs to Eriviyn!
• All classes now get the Endless Quiver AA at level 1 for free.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:04 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

TOWER OF FROZEN SHADOW - THE FIRST TWO FLOORS RELEASED!

Due to me having less time than I usually do because of a full-time job I have decided to do the Tower of Frozen Shadow in segments. Players can now tackle the first two floors with menacing enemies, awesome custom music and wonderful loot! *Follow the instructions below to get ready for this dungeon.

• Download the new music file from the Eriviyn Guide. This includes 4 new songs that will be used in the Tower of Frozen Shadow.

• Grab the Key from Old Kaesora's final boss - The Ancient Mind Creeper

• Talk to Amanda Garigos in Oceangreen Village and get flagged!

• Brave the new Tower of Frozen Shadow and crank up your sound for heart-pounding action!

Old 03-31-2015, 05:23 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

You've done so much work to this server, and all of it is amazing.

Keep on keepin on Drak.

I don't know how you keep topping yourself.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:34 AM
markusdabrave
Sarnak

Dude... wow... I need to check this out, not only as a player but as a dev. This looks like some amazing stuff!
Old 04-08-2015, 03:41 AM
Tenyen
Fire Beetle

just start yesterday on the server,
I see a nice community , that answer very quickly and with very efficiant answers .
Community ready to help too , My little Pal Chaya receive some stuff from a Very nice person, need to level up now

Thanks for the good work on this server
Old 04-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Thanks for the kind words. I'm doing what i can as a one man team to make the place fun. Sometimes it's a little overwhelming.