Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:36 AM
byrond
Fire Beetle

Angry windows 7 and vista cant get comp to accept patchme at the end of me shortcuts

ok i got it all installed on 2 different computers trying to get it to work with no luck reinstalled many times tried over and over im almost out of hair to pull HELP!!!!!!!!!! i got everything but the shortcut properties eqgame.exe i cant get the computers to accept "C:\Program Files\eqgame.exe"patchme on eather comp it says the name"C:\Program Files\eqgame.exe"patchme specified in the target box is not valid. make sure the path and file name are correct. every time what the hell do i do HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! again this is with windows 7 on one comp vista on the other i turned all the firewalls off didnt do anything im so lost i feal like im in katta looking for the zone out
Old 09-09-2010, 09:13 AM
joligario
Developer

You should put a space between the " and the patchme
Old 09-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Brewhaus
Sarnak

think I may have had to mess around with the quotes. Try it without quotes at all, with quotes around the whole thing, etc.. Something will work.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Capheus
Hill Giant

Don't use quotes at all.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32035
Old 09-09-2010, 05:39 PM
byrond
Fire Beetle

tried putting a space no quotation marks changeing there places still getting the same thing
Old 09-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Capheus
Hill Giant

Next best thing to try (if you haven't already). Right click and copy eqgame.exe in windows explorer. Then on the desktop right click there and paste as a shortcut. You should be able to right click and select properties to edit it, adding the patchme at the end.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:40 PM
wendolyne
Fire Beetle

Yes, space between and no (")

Desecrator<Kreator>
Old 09-11-2010, 03:49 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

Best way to fix it is to get your eq folder out of program files. Windows gets cranky with you mod'ing files in there...
Old 09-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Capheus
Hill Giant

I totally agree with bufferofnewbies. I know I've said in in a few posts as well. The Program Files directory on Vista and Win7 computers is evil. I have taken ownership of subdirectories and still Windows has told me I'm not good enough. Microsoft has locked it down in unexplainable ways all in the name of security.

For all who have Wiki's out there, I would recommend instructing new players to install other than the standard Windows' directories.