Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:07 AM
mixxit
Hill Giant

Smile Current State of EQEmu

Hi all,

Its been many many many years but what is the current state of EQEmu? Should we be using titanium or underfoot? I see on the client getting started page it says that Underfoot is the recommended client, but it also says its not available for download legally any more

Also the server installer for windows seems to install the PEQ database which i believe on TGC website recommends specifically RoF2 as the client - However this is not recommended on the getting started page

Using titanium with the default installer of EQEmu server doesnt seem to work due to lavastorm and nektulos being configured for the new zone layouts so it seems we should not use titanium

However using underfoot or rof2 with the default installed PEQ database doesnt allow you to zone into commonlands (it teleports you straight back into eastcommonands which then has some old zone lines etc) [player.pl script] - i also noticed allow combat is off for new commonlands even if we did disable this teleport

So i guess my question is, is there any possibility someone can set the record straight? What is EQEmu recommending as the correct configuration right now? Or at least what is EQEmu wanting to be in the long term? UF with PEQ db which I believe is current max set at OOW?

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2019, 09:13 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

ROF2 is the recommended client but you can use Titanium, Underfoot, SoD, SoF, or RoF2. There are differences with each client, including bugs and kinks between zone versions, zone lines, etc (of which most of these issues are discussed on these forums). It's just one of those things you have to work out when you decide to run a server. For instance my server runs on RoF2 but uses the older zones. Most of the new zones have combat disabled, so if you want to use them you need to enable it (simple).

I think EQEmu just follows PEQ development so they really don't try to accommodate what 100 other servers might be doing, but rather providing them a platform to make said changes.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki

Also, the github wiki replaced the other wiki like a year or two ago. So it's information is more relevant.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:30 AM
mixxit
Hill Giant

So if EQEmu is following PEQ development do you think that the best client to use is RoF2?
Old 05-06-2019, 10:19 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Honestly i have every client and I find that using ROF2 is the best as far as bugs/glitches I haven't really seen any with it. Also Titanium works good because it allows you access to high pass old, which on the new clients is impossible to zone into. And it gives you more of the classic look and feel. But it isn't as optimized as ROF2, and you will feel that when your running the client.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:12 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

There is only one reason I stick with RoF2, which is overall client performance. I used to be a big UF fan, but after RoF2 came along, I've never went back. Titanium is good for those who are still obsessed with trying to get that "classic" feeling in a client. Anyone can set a server up to accept all clients, but that comes with compromise for content, between the clients, like Nightrider mentioned with the old Highpass. I like a lot of the older versions of zones, modern visuals are not a priority for me, but as a person who leans more towards custom content, RoF2 is best for my needs, so I just use what older zones it will support and run with that. This project has a lot bigger menu than some people realize, since you have access to develop zones as far as HoT. (on your own server).
Old 05-08-2019, 08:20 AM
mixxit
Hill Giant

Ok ill stick to RoF2 then

Thanks!