Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Silentrath
Fire Beetle

Default Expansion Disable Not Working?

Is the setting in the Variable table, "Expansions" not working? I've set this to 0 and still can create all classes. I also tried setting, "World:ExpansionSettings" inside the rule_values to 0 and still doesn't restrict Vah Shir, Froglok, etc.. I locked out the non classic zones, just not sure why its not locking out those.

Another quick question is, why is the setting to disable tutorial button still allowing people to go to tutorial?

Thanks,

Silentrath

EDIT: I am all up to date with the latest changes.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:39 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Do you have this rule disabled?:
Code:
World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings
Old 07-06-2015, 10:30 PM
Silentrath
Fire Beetle

Got it working! Had it set to on another ruleset! My bad, thank you!
Old 07-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Ah okay, I don't know if what I said helped or not if it was on another ruleset, but you're welcome? Haha.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:37 PM
Silentrath
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
Ah okay, I don't know if what I said helped or not if it was on another ruleset, but you're welcome? Haha.
Yep it was the setting you said! Sorry didn't specify that did it!
Old 07-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Haha, okay. You're welcome, glad you got it working.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:17 AM
hurikaNe
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
Do you have this rule disabled?:
Code:
World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings
How do I check this?
Old 01-23-2016, 10:56 PM
Figback65
Discordant

I wonder how to check it also, I have installed a fresh database etc etc, and that value is not in my variables or rule_values. Now I cannot lock expansions out. Does it need to be added manually?

EDIT : Ok I added 1 World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings false manually and it worked other than the gnome pal/sk and Halfling rng/pal those you can still make even if you set expansion setting to 0. Any idea on those?
Old 01-24-2016, 11:35 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figback65 View Post
I wonder how to check it also, I have installed a fresh database etc etc, and that value is not in my variables or rule_values. Now I cannot lock expansions out. Does it need to be added manually?

EDIT : Ok I added 1 World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings false manually and it worked other than the gnome pal/sk and Halfling rng/pal those you can still make even if you set expansion setting to 0. Any idea on those?
Which client, a client like Titanium I do not believe follows normal rules.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:03 PM
Figback65
Discordant

Titanium Client is the one I'm using.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:25 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Yeah that is probably why. Try with UF and just see what happens.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:35 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Generic howto:

Assuming you are using ruleset 1 (default).

Code:
SELECT * from rule_values WHERE ruleset_id = 1 AND (rule_name = "World:ExpansionSettings" OR rule_name = "World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings");
This should result in 2 records.
World:ExpansionSettings's rule_value should be set to your highest expansion, with a number like: 1=Classic, 2=Kunark, 3=Velious, 4=Luclin, 5=PoP, etc.
World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings rule_value should be set to false. If you're using a freshly copied PEQ database, this record will likely NOT exist.

If the UseClientBasedExpansionSettings rule does not exist, run this:
Code:
INSERT INTO rule_values (ruleset_id, rule_name, `rule_value`) VALUES (1, "World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings", "false");
If the expansion is set incorrectly, you can run this command, changing the rule_value from 2 (kunark) to the expansion of your choice noted above:
Code:
UPDATE rule_values SET rule_value=2 WHERE ruleset_id=1 AND rule_name="World:ExpansionSettings" LIMIT 1;
Once you finish updating these values, run the SELECT on the top again to verify the results are what you want. Restart all your server executables. Profit.

As far as the non-classic class combos: Unsure that has been addressed but a ruleset could be created for this specific option to be toggled, if the client does select a bad combination and tries to create, it could reject at that point. Unsure that's in yet though.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 01-25-2016, 03:39 AM
Figback65
Discordant

Weird when I set it to 1 for clientbasedexpansionsettings, that's kunark for me, I can make an iksar. But setting it to 0 is classic. Eitherway theres still gnome pal/sk and hlf rng/pal. Its ok though, just not 100% classic, which I don't think will matter that much, unless it would be an easy fix.

I would make a ruleset but I'm still not proficient in how to set it up. Entering in the table is np, but maken sure it can talk to the code is another story for me lol. I am not good with c++
Old 01-25-2016, 10:42 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figback65 View Post
Weird when I set it to 1 for clientbasedexpansionsettings, that's kunark for me, I can make an iksar. But setting it to 0 is classic. Eitherway theres still gnome pal/sk and hlf rng/pal. Its ok though, just not 100% classic, which I don't think will matter that much, unless it would be an easy fix.

I would make a ruleset but I'm still not proficient in how to set it up. Entering in the table is np, but maken sure it can talk to the code is another story for me lol. I am not good with c++
Key word there is CLIENT based.

If you want to change race/class combos then edit the table char_create_combinations and change the required expansions for those combinations.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:57 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I could be wrong but I am fairly sure that Titanium clients can make certain combinations no matter what the setting in char_create_combinations