Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:16 PM
woton
Sarnak

Default Underfoot cannot connect

I used to play on the Irreverent solo server years ago and used the Underfoot client. Recently found another solo server and after playing a bit on the titanium client I already had installed, decided to put Underfoot back in use. Now, after doing the setup and making sure it doesn't try to log on to live, I cannot connect to the eq emu servers. Double checked, port is set to 5999 and did the patchme. Also disabled my firewall and still cannot connect. Any ideas?
Old 04-03-2019, 03:18 AM
Kattamaran.CH
Fire Beetle

howdy did you try port 5998, im not the pro just know that some clients use 5999 others 5998 i belive. And i dont know wich needs wich
Old 04-03-2019, 07:37 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Not all servers accept or support all clients. Also, see the "Getting Started" section.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:02 AM
woton
Sarnak

I did try the 5998 and no luck. Its not a server itself im having trouble with, its the server list I cant get to.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:50 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

My UF client gives me issues as well. Used to work, but could not seem to get it to work any more... Or reliably... If I use a different login account it works. But my main account doesn't work, server list won't show up.

I never found a solution. There's only one server I used UF for though.... So I have not really tried to fix though outside of initially trying to play on Titan server again.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by woton View Post
Its not a server itself im having trouble with, its the server list I cant get to.
I have 3 clients on my box, Titanium, UF and RoF2. I don't use the UF much anymore, but I just logged on to the emu public login server (with the UF) and had no problem seeing the server list, so not sure why you're having problems. I monkey around a lot with Titanium on my own stuff here, but I'm pretty much focused on RoF2 now. UF especially is too slow and clunky, lol
My UF eqhost file - Host=login.eqemulator.net:5999
Old 04-03-2019, 09:02 PM
woton
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
I have 3 clients on my box, Titanium, UF and RoF2. I don't use the UF much anymore, but I just logged on to the emu public login server (with the UF) and had no problem seeing the server list, so not sure why you're having problems. I monkey around a lot with Titanium on my own stuff here, but I'm pretty much focused on RoF2 now. UF especially is too slow and clunky, lol
My UF eqhost file - Host=login.eqemulator.net:5999
I copied your host login and pasted in my file and now I can log in. It looked exactly the same to me, but wouldn't work before. Thank you.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:36 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by woton View Post
I copied your host login and pasted in my file and now I can log in. It looked exactly the same to me, but wouldn't work before. Thank you.
One of the main reasons I threw that host addy in, was because you mentioned it may have been "years" since you played with that client. If I'm not mistaken, that host login was slightly changed a long time ago. I think so anyways. Someone else would have to confirm that, lol