Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:22 PM
rudeboy88
Sarnak

Default Can't connect to EOC

Hey all,

Recently I was working with getting my server to be able to connect to the EOC and have not been able to solve my issue. When attempting to connect I get two messages that say "Cannot connect to server" and "cannot connect to databse eqdb". Here is the info on what I'm working with:

vbox host: windows 10
server (in a virtual box): ubuntu server 14.04
server setup: most recent (set up about two weeks ago and updated on world startup)

I have 3306 forwarded to my server's vbox, and am able to connect via phpmyadmin both internally and externally, but am not able to connect using the EOC. On my browsing computer I have:

-downloaded and enabled java
-enabled cookies

The user account for the eoc was set up with the permissions specified in the guide (root copy with a different name/pw/ip). I even temporarily made it so that I could log into the eoc user locally, so I know the password is what I expected it to be.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
rudeboy88
Sarnak

So here's some of what I've done with troubleshooting the issue :

-remade the account that gives permissions, both as it's stated in the current guide and again as a root copy, temporarily gave myself access to ensure the pw was right, set it back to the eoc IP only.

-made sure port 3306 was forwarded to my vbox's IP. I can both play on my server and access it via phpmyadmin from outside of my house.

-along with java and cookies I made sure I do not have any adware software installed on my browser. Tried in both Chrome and Mozilla, no adware software is installed.

-looked up my current public ip online every time I have tried to connect to ensure its correct

-made sure my ISP did not use CGNAT

-updated Virtualbox, installed updates on Windows

Although I didn't think it a likely solution, I also tried

-making an exception in Windows firewall
-temporarily disabling the Windows firewalls

I get the impression I've missed something simple in my configuration, or that perhaps my configuration has some preventative measure built in that I'm missing?
Old 08-27-2016, 10:22 PM
rudeboy88
Sarnak

Ok looked around for a while on this one but today found a resolution, the port was forwarded on my router but because of a line in a file for mysql the server wasn't listening on port 3306 (ubuntu 14.04):

Quote:
Removing the line bind-address 127.0.0.1 from /etc/mysql/my.cnf
http://askubuntu.com/questions/27207...-ubuntu-server
Old 09-13-2016, 07:49 PM
lordnivek1
Sarnak

I know very little about mysql. Could you explain exactly what you typed in mysql to fix this please?
Old 09-14-2016, 01:45 PM
rudeboy88
Sarnak

Sure, the problem was actually in a file that mysql uses (my.cnf), so from the ubuntu command line I edited /etc/mysql/my.cnf and removed the line "bind-address 127.0.0.1" from that file. Once I did that I restarted the server and was able to connect with the EoC.