Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpjaf4t View Post
Just a couple of observations from the peanut gallery:

1a. Lines 113-114 in eqemu_install.bat you could just do

SET PATH=%path%;C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin

on one line instead of two, this is only esthetics though.

For whatever reason it wasn't playing nice at the time so I decided to go with two separate statements at the time

1b. Why not a line:

setx /M path "%path%;C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin

for the Perl install step as well as the MariaDB install step? I'm sure you have a reason, I just haven't had enough coffee this morning to get it myself.

2. You don't get any issues from installing 32-bit Perl and 64-bit everything else?? Doing my prerequisite setup on 64-bit Windows (back when, manually and the long way around), I had installed ActivePerl-5.16.3.1604-MSWin32-x64-298023.msi instead, because it never occurred to me NOT to install the 64-bit version. And then never gave it another thought until now ....

You can use Perl x64 but I'm using a very proven recommended version that we've always used and it doesn't really matter if you use 32 vs 64. What matters here is that it works.

3. Why not do the Perl.rar as a self-extracting archive instead? Then you could completely skip the WinRAR install step.

I want WinRAR installed for folks because the db backup/compression relies upon it if people wanted the functionality. Plus who doesn't have WinRAR installed or want it installed.
Responded inline. You didn't even mention if it worked for you or not?