Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:55 PM
WkimWes
Sarnak

Default Bastion of Thunder - Towers

So I've been wracking my brains here trying to figure out why I can't access the towers even though I have finished the quest/combine to get the enchanted ring of torden. I just restarted my private server after 1 year off, I know it use to work because it was my favorite place to hang out to gain molds..etc. Anyway, I tried to click access with the pedestal on the right and I can't get in. Unless this never worked and I'm going nuts? If someone can point me to the right direction on what I'm missing. It would be appreciated. I am using an older database from October 2013 (I decided to wait until the GoD zones were completed, PEQ) in order to update. What I checked:

1. I checked to see if there was some kind of script in the BOT folder but didn't see anything.
2. Two different clients, UF and SOD.
3. Copied files from my ROF download. (BOT associated files)
Old 12-02-2014, 08:12 PM
WkimWes
Sarnak

I checked another character, did the combine got the blue text says yadda yadda and still can't go. I do see I get a white text says you are too far, so it does at least recognize that. But when I get close nothing happens when I click the pedestal.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

I am unsure if things have changed to where it is located in the DB now, but this used to be handled in the script because if you clicked the tower pedestal and didn't have the ring the gargoyles attacked, same with the lightning pedestal for Aggy.

Check the bot folder under the player.pl. There should be a section for EVENT_CLICKDOOR

If you do not have this, then I anticipate this is the reason nothing works correctly.

I went through some old quest folders (since my server uses pure custom, so I deleted all PEQ) and found this. Perhaps it will be of some use.

Code:
sub EVENT_CLICKDOOR {
  if($doorid == 51) { #Agnarr Tower
    if($client->KeyRingCheck(9433) || ($status > 79)) {
      quest::movegrp(209,-765,-1735,1270);
    } 
	elsif(plugin::check_hasitem($client, 9433)) { #Symbol of Torden
	  $client->KeyRingAdd(9433);
      quest::movegrp(209,-765,-1735,1270);
    }
    else { #Send gargoyles to attack
      my @npc_list = $entity_list->GetNPCList();
      foreach $npc (@npc_list) {
        if($npc->GetNPCTypeID() == 209024) {
          $npc->AddToHateList($client, 1);
        }
      }
    }
  }
  if($doorid == 61) { # tower
    if($client->KeyRingCheck(9425) || ($status > 79)) {
      quest::movegrp(209, 85, 145, 635);
    } 
	elsif(plugin::check_hasitem($client, 9425)) {
      $client->KeyRingAdd(9425);
      quest::movegrp(209, 85, 145, 635);
    }
  }
  if($doorid == 63) { # tower
      quest::movegrp(209, -830, -865, 1375);
    } 
      quest::movegrp(209, -830, -865, 1375);
    }
  }
  if($doorid == 65) { # tower
      quest::movegrp(209, -350, -2200, 1955);
    } 
      quest::movegrp(209, -350, -2200, 1955);
    }
  }
  if($doorid == 67) { # tower
      quest::movegrp(209, 150, -1220, 1120);
    } 
      quest::movegrp(209, 150, -1220, 1120);
    }
  }
}

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 12-02-2014, 08:53 PM
WkimWes
Sarnak

Hi Mariomario,

Thanks for the help, I think you're onto something. I just realized I updated my quest folders. It looks like they changed to lua..didn't even think about it. I'm not familiar with Perl and Lua..not that tech savvy. Since I don't have a player.pl, I assume I'm SOL until I update. Unless there is a work around?
Old 12-02-2014, 09:10 PM
WkimWes
Sarnak

Sweet thanks for the help Mariomario, I figured out how to revert back to the old version I was using. Thanks man!
Old 12-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

You're welcome. Glad I could point you in the right direction.

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 01-07-2019, 12:57 AM
lctucker2999
Sarnak

sorry to necro a years old thread but I just came across this issue on my server as well. I haven't made any changes to the default files, and it looks like my player.lua inside the bothunder folder is up to date as well.

https://github.com/ProjectEQ/project...der/player.lua

I do get the same "too far away" message if i click the portal from a distance, but up close there's nothing. No next, no gargoyle attacks, obviously no zoning in... nothing at all.

Thoughts?

*edit* The Agnarr penis also doesn't spawn the gargoyles to attack, even though I do NOT have the correct key.

*edit 2* I had done a server install nearly a year ago in early 2018, and a lot of things worked at that time white I've found seem to be having issues now. Last week I found that the VT key wasn't correctly adding the flag to a character, and now this issue. I don't mean to come across as complaining because all the work everyone does is amazing, I just don't know what all the changes are that end up breaking things that used to work, and how to go about fixing them myself. So, I apologize if it comes across that way!

*edit 3* GM character can click into the agnarr tower and progress up through it, but even the GM can NOT click into the 4 courtyard towers