Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:02 AM
Warking
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny151 View Post

However, by default anyone on my LAN can run multiple accounts (same IP) of the Underfoot client to join my server; anyone external (also using Underfoot) can't get more than one account on. Does this sound right? I thought the rules by default were unlimited accounts for external and internal clients connecting via public login. What am I missing?
In the rules_values table there are options for how many logins per IP and per account. Default looked to be set as 1. Just need to change it. I have mine set to allow 6 toons per account and 30 per IP.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:34 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

6 toons per account?

I'm bout to hop on your server and dupe the hell outta stuff.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warking View Post
In the rules_values table there are options for how many logins per IP and per account. Default looked to be set as 1. Just need to change it. I have mine set to allow 6 toons per account and 30 per IP.
Thanks for the response Warking. I don't want to muddy up this thread too much with this topic so we can take it to PM if necessary, but I'll just say this: I set World:MaxClientsPerIP to 4 on ALL rulesets and that didn't work. I'm going to assume there's three or four other rules I need to adjust in conjunction with this one? I don't fully understand how they work together or if they even work together at all when you want to allow a 0 status character multi/account logins from the same IP; perhaps you can provide some guidance here?

In the meantime, I have a ghetto workaround where I just allow a single account to log on more than one toon by setting World:AccountSessionLimit to more than one. That's been working fine so far.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:11 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Well I figured out my external connection issue and I'll post it here in case anyone else has this problem. I have a Pace Plc 5031NV modem/router and upgrading the firmware from 9.8 to 10.5 resolved all external connection issues. I was pulling my hair out thinking this was a database/SQL issue.

If you are having any sort of external connection issues take a look at your modem/router or at least try a different one to rule out your router when nothing else makes sense.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:09 PM
moltke24
Sarnak

I have two hard drives, I tried using this installation on my SSD but it was E: instead of C: so i just changed to this side of windows and tried using your installer.

When I use it on either side of windows the same thing happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjH...ature=youtu.be

This repeats for a while and then it just stops. any ideas?
Old 02-25-2016, 12:40 PM
moltke24
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltke24 View Post
I have two hard drives, I tried using this installation on my SSD but it was E: instead of C: so i just changed to this side of windows and tried using your installer.

When I use it on either side of windows the same thing happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjH...ature=youtu.be

This repeats for a while and then it just stops. any ideas?
i reinstalled windows and it worked on windows 10 64 bit
Old 02-27-2016, 05:07 PM
yizuman
Sarnak

Sorry if I am repeating a question that may already been asked...

Can this installer run the game alone without the need to be connected to Emu? Does the installer include the game client? The reason I am asking is whether or not I can play EQ by myself in my own PC.

Thank you in advance....
Old 02-28-2016, 12:09 AM
askyn
Sarnak

First off .. OMGoosh thank you !

This is fantastic ! Super easy to install / use and works like a charm.

That being said I have 2 questions / problems that are most likely related.

I have gotten it installed and running, and am able to access my server using ROF2 from the eqemulater server list just fine.

My first problem is I cannt seem to configure it for off line / local login properly.

When I try, I get the login screen ok, but after that it goes to a blank black screen were it would normaly show the server name and number of people logged in.

The second problem is most likely related to the above problem. I have Georges item editor installed and am able to run it with other versions of eqemus (axclassic specifically) but am unable to connect to this server when its running no matter how I configure it.

I can get it started just fine, but when I go to import a character / inventory it doesn't show the server / characters to import.

Any suggests? thank you very much.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:45 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yizuman View Post
Sorry if I am repeating a question that may already been asked...

Can this installer run the game alone without the need to be connected to Emu? Does the installer include the game client? The reason I am asking is whether or not I can play EQ by myself in my own PC.

Thank you in advance....
Once you have a functioning public server setup it is possible to reconfigure it to work 100% offline. No the installer will not contain the Everquest client because that would be copyright infringement. Use the installer to get a public server running then go from there.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:59 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
First off .. OMGoosh thank you !

This is fantastic ! Super easy to install / use and works like a charm.

That being said I have 2 questions / problems that are most likely related.

I have gotten it installed and running, and am able to access my server using ROF2 from the eqemulater server list just fine.

My first problem is I cannt seem to configure it for off line / local login properly.

When I try, I get the login screen ok, but after that it goes to a blank black screen were it would normaly show the server name and number of people logged in.

The second problem is most likely related to the above problem. I have Georges item editor installed and am able to run it with other versions of eqemus (axclassic specifically) but am unable to connect to this server when its running no matter how I configure it.

I can get it started just fine, but when I go to import a character / inventory it doesn't show the server / characters to import.

Any suggests? thank you very much.
Going from a public login to private login can be a real pain. Here are some links to help you out.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Windows...Guide&frm=Main

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...Guide&frm=Main

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Frequen...ons&frm=--Main
Old 03-01-2016, 04:25 PM
askyn
Sarnak

Sigh ... seems like it should be way easier then that.

I would think that you would just be able to change setting in the configuration file for the server to point to LOCALHOST, but I cant seem it get it working properly.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
Sigh ... seems like it should be way easier then that.

I would think that you would just be able to change setting in the configuration file for the server to point to LOCALHOST, but I cant seem it get it working properly.
Should be as simple as what I've already provided:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Akkas_P...server-windows
Old 03-02-2016, 02:09 PM
askyn
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Should be as simple as what I've already provided:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Akkas_P...server-windows
First off ... thank you again /bow

I KNOW I did that before, ROFL, but this time it seemed to work !

I am now able to see the sever locally / offline, however my next problem is that while I can see and connect to the sever, it wont display the character select screen.

After selecting the sever I just get a blank black screen that just sits there.

Sorry for being a bother, and thank you for your help.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:20 AM
Andaria
Fire Beetle

Hello there, I'd like to say that this script is amazing! However, I have encountered a problem when running t_start_server.bat. After attempting to start the server i run into a loop with loading the UP and DOWN zones, it just keeps going 0/30 UP and 0/30 DOWN. There is nothing in the t_server_crash_report so i haven't a clue what is happening. If you have any idea what could be happening, please help. Also, I am unable to get zone.exe to open, it just shoots up a quick blank cmd prompt and goes away. Thanks!

I am running this in Windows 10.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:10 PM
Andaria
Fire Beetle

Anyone able to shed some light please? When I manually run world.exe through admin cmd I get "failed to open eqemu_config".