Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Update:

We have tons of 2002-2005 logs now, we need a high density of 2004-2012 logs now.

Need your help!

UPLOAD HERE:

http://eoc.akkadius.com/eoc/EQEmuDat...gCollector.php
Old 10-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Warking
Hill Giant

I have all my EQ files since I started in 99. I'll start looking through them
Old 10-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I've not seen anything uploaded recently, the community needs more help with this than we are getting. People have no idea how much this is going to help the community.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Quote:
this is going to help the community.
You need to re-frame this to what the individual is going to get out of it. Give out some worthless points or some shit and work out a deal with some of the big servers to redeem them for trinkets, then you will be overwhelmed with logs.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:24 PM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

well... although i quit playing live many years ago, I suppose I could login and ask some of the guilders who still play if they could share some of their logs. In the next few days I will attempt to get ahold of them.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:47 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I am out of town atm and can not collect logs for the time being. I should be back home in a week or so and will resume log collections.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
You need to re-frame this to what the individual is going to get out of it. Give out some worthless points or some shit and work out a deal with some of the big servers to redeem them for trinkets, then you will be overwhelmed with logs.
Everyone will get punch and pie, and leprechaun points
Old 10-19-2012, 08:00 PM
RStefan01
Fire Beetle

I have 14 gigs of log files from 2004-2009 when I played whatever ridiculous amount of time I played EQ Live (something like 700+ days played 2001-2009). I started running logs some time during PoP, and logged pretty much all of my group/raid gameplay through the last boss of SoD. If something was in the game during that time, I probably killed it... a lot.

But, here's the thing. If I could parse out chat before sending it, and then send them zipped somehow, I'd prefer doing it that way. If your script strips out tells/guild/channels/raid/etc., I'd be willing to set up a server and run it locally, then zip everything up and ftp it somewhere.

Don't take it personally, but there's a lot of chat in there that doesn't have any business being out in the world. I was an officer/leader of a raiding guild for years, so there's a lot of private shit in there that I don't really feel comfortable sharing since the people involved really don't have a say. Then there's just the sheer file size of it all... zipping it down to 1/10 the size would help tons on my end.

Not sure if it's worth all the hassle, let me know ;p
Old 10-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Quote:
there's a lot of chat in there that doesn't have any business being out in the world
Always surprises me how important MMO players think their drama is. Unless you guys were talking about murder, rape or molesting children... nobody gives a shit if you thought some app was gay.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Pretty sure the script rips out chat data and only parses the combat data.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
Pretty sure the script rips out chat data and only parses the combat data.
You are correct, no one will see the chat data.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:58 PM
pfyon
Discordant

As much as I agree that there is little that could be of interest in someones' log (unless you included account or credit card info), but perhaps opening up the source would alleviate some peoples' concerns.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:22 AM
RStefan01
Fire Beetle

I'll take Akka's word that it won't store any chat info... still gonna take forever to upload that much though.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStefan01 View Post
I'll take Akka's word that it won't store any chat info... still gonna take forever to upload that much though.
Compress it in chunks if you need to. We can arrange was of getting it to my repo so the parser can process it
Old 10-20-2012, 09:23 AM
RStefan01
Fire Beetle

I've already been storing em in zip files by year. Basically an entire year as a zip file is the size of a monthly log. I've got some web space I could throw it on, or I could ftp it somewhere if you want.