Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:26 AM
YumaBomber
Fire Beetle

Default TD Bind Affinity Bug

Some reason you cannot Bind Affinity IN Timorous Deep.

This on purpose?

Support to be able to bind affinity (Self Cast) ANYWHERE in Eq.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:55 AM
trevius
Developer

This is not a bug.

There are different settings for allowing binding to a zone. One of them is to allow any class to be bound to a zone (such as in a city). Another setting will only allow you to bind yourself in a zone (for classes that have the spell). And the last setting is to completely block the ability to bind in a zone, which is normally used more in higher level content and instances I think.

I don't know if casters are able to bind themselves in TD on Live, but that could easily be verified now that EQ is F2P.

Either way, it is a database setting in EQEmu and each server could potentially have different settings. This is not controlled by EQEmu in any way as it is up to the individual server to change it. So, I would recommend that you bring up this issue on the server you play on and not here.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:31 PM
pfyon
Discordant

I seem to remember not being able to bind in portions of TD (specifically, the firepot room maybe?), but I thought you could bind on other islands.