Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Asdaddy1
Fire Beetle

Default Everlasting Everquest

Everlasting Everquest

A fun and relaxed EQEmu server

Everlasting Everquest is meant to be fun and relaxed. You are leveling at a very fast pace and trying to get the best gears possible. A goal is to make PvP and PvE very fun and exciting so if you only PvE or PvP than you are not getting left out. The tutorial zone has been disabled so Players can admire the story from the beginning in their home cities. PoK has been disabled also for economic reasons. The level cap right now is level 65 but will increase in the future.

The economy is boosted from not having PoK because the demand for wizards who can teleport raised. We are going to modify the teleport spells to make recovery time a bit longer but also add new locations, the catch to the new locations are they will not be sold at regular spell shops but a custom shop.

Custom Shops will only have the ELEQ currency. The currency can be given from daily quests and dropped from monsters. The shops and the currency are a WIP.

A planned feature is some called Hardcore Quests. Hardcore Quests will not give you locations or monsters to kill but you will have to read books in-game that give clues to more books or the way to finish the quest. Example is the quest is to get revenge for some guy, now you will have to see book(s) that state a location and monster names.

The goal for Everlasting Everquest is to get popular like any server. As the server grows we not have a staff but having the server community driven. GMs will be people who are elected through the community, caution the GM can still be removed by us if we feel like the person is failing with the tasks they applied for.

The grouped experience is 10% more than normal experience to promote communication between players that could possibly become friends and even make the best guild.

We suggest getting the Underfoot client or higher! We will not provide any clients since they are copyrighted material of Daybreak.

Rates

AC – 10%
Experience – 20%
Grouped Experience 30%

The server does not require some type of special launcher for your client. and the website is www.projectaustingaming.com/eq/

Last edited by Asdaddy1; 08-12-2016 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: Added website
Old 08-13-2016, 03:10 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

i think you are a bit off thinking that making travelling harder will increase use of wizard's and druid's ports and somehow boost your economy. that assumes you will have enough of a population to make that viable. that's not likely to happen. your concepts of supply demand aren't completely wrong (mba-finance), but they just don't apply to an eq server with a handful of players.

in my experience with wow private servers, you need at least a hundred consistent players to make an economy worth your time to invest in. otherwise a smarter person can make money more effieciently elsewhere, and will likely do so. p99 could have a vibrant economy if they didn't cling to the past on things that weren't planned out well in 1998 (in this case a bazaar of some sort or allowing players to set up a trader and log out). i'm not sure about peq, it depends on how much of that population is a "box."

some exceptions i'm sure exist. if a small population have enough "power players" for a long enough time as one example. they stop playing and your economy takes a dump, though... not a long-term situation.

side note:
i am truely curious why some people have such an aversion to limiting travel in a video game. it's a constant thing i read. auto-running for 10-30mins is not playing a game. it's boring. it's mundane. it's even crappy(read: old) graphics in eq, lol. one way of doing things limits all other ways that people enjoy the game, another way of doing things lets people do what they want when it comes to travel. exlcusive for ?what? reason vs inclusive that doesn't alienate any way of playing the game... unless you have petty jealousy of people using pok books... if that's the case, then you must not like travelling the old way, lol.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:30 PM
EQEMU2010
Sarnak

Yeah I agree the only viable use for travel is say you started in one zone and as you ran to each zone it unlocked and you didn't have to run to those zones anymore once they had been visited. An epic quest or a custom server like S2K but he even had multiple ways to get places. I may check you out for a bit...

Old 08-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Asdaddy1
Fire Beetle

@EQEMU2010 @kokey98

I understand, If you guys know it is a good idea I will add teleporters who can teleport you to zones using items you give to them. The catch is the items will be bought through a custom currency which you can retrieve doing daily quests for your level range
Old 08-14-2016, 03:15 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQEMU2010 View Post
a custom server like S2K but he even had multiple ways to get places
We have:
+ teleporters in the starter zone for those who would rather start in a traditional starter city
+ the door near Rod Serling to take you to the Alternate Zone
+ the ticket system (buy a ticket - give it to a transporter NPC - get sent to zone - extra charge for a whole group)
+ the Copper City globes (where you can go to the library for teleport to various zones)
+ and I am in the process of putting the stargates back in (dial the right combination - walk through the gate - arrive at gate in another zone)

If these ideas help any...
Old 08-14-2016, 06:04 PM
DanCanDo
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpious2k View Post
+ and I am in the process of putting the stargates back in (dial the right combination - walk through the gate - arrive at gate in another zone)

If these ideas help any...
dial the right combination ? sounds interesting.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:21 AM
kokey98
Hill Giant

that's a nice compromise- having to travel there first, then you can port after... hopefully account-wide, but hten if yo allow boxing that gets messy too... at least it's a "one time" thing.

i don't even mean it should be a #peqzone type easy... something similar to pok books to general areas is enough.

who knows, maybe you have 100's on everyday and can do things differently.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:02 AM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

I tried it out bit had no idea what I was to be doing need some sense of direction or a small guide explaining what the servers about would be nice solo server or will I need to box everything ect.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:37 AM
Asdaddy1
Fire Beetle

@mjbcb0717
Here is a link to a guide that I go by for leveling
http://projectaustingaming.com/forum...leveing-guide/

The choice between Soloing, grouping, or boxing is yours. Grouping will give you a little more experience than soloing but with soloing you can work at your own pace rather than grouping which is a group effort.

Quote:
+ the ticket system (buy a ticket - give it to a transporter NPC - get sent to zone - extra charge for a whole group)
My idea almost matches up to this. I am changing around the Priests of Discord to still be transporter to Discord and if you give them a special item they will teleport you to the zone.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:19 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Is it post to be a live like server or is it custom is there a hub with a progression quest or anything? What I'm trying to find out stuff like that
Old 08-16-2016, 01:52 PM
Asdaddy1
Fire Beetle

@mjbcb0717

The server is going to be custom. The server is currently in the Alpha Stage, is it only open for bug testing and balancing of game mechanics. Characters created during this stage will be kept and given rewards once it is over Alpha Stage. The serevr will changed a lot during game play.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:57 AM
Asdaddy1
Fire Beetle

New website permalink - http://projectaustingaming.com/our-games/eq/

The old one is now not working

Last edited by Asdaddy1; 08-21-2016 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: new permalink again