Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Rogean
Administrator

Default New Layout, Server List, Worldserver Registration

As you have noticed, We have a new website layout. I think it looks better. What do you thi-- IT'S BETTER I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

Anyways. As you can see we have a new server list. The loginserver reports server statistics to the database and the server list displays them with accuracy within 1 minute. If a worldserver is connected to the loginserver using a registered account and password, it will link that information to the server list, hence the "View" or "Unregistered" links. Unregistered servers will only appear if they are connected to the loginserver. Registered servers will show up once connected and then appear as "Down" if applicable until they'v been down for over a week (Unless they are private).

As part of the website overhaul, we have implemented a new worldserver registration process. This can be found in the same place as the current client registration, and is also linked on the home page navigation. For the servers that were registered before, I ran a query to match up the value given as the 'serverop' (an unvalidated field in the old register process) to current forum accounts. If the script didn't find an exact match, it is orphaned, and will not display a server owner or show up attached to anyone's account. If you have a registered server but it is not attached to your account, please PM me ASAP, as these servers will start getting rejected by the loginserver in about a week.

Do not mistake this for worldservers that are not registered. Registered worldservers are ones that currently connect to the loginserver using an accountname and password in their eqemu_config.xml. If you do not have anything set in your ini, your worldserver is not registered. It is recomended that worldservers be registered so that you can display a server description and website link on the server list. Once it is registered, enter the account name and password that you chose during registration into your server's config file, and it will show up as registered on the website. For more information, see this article on our wiki.

You can manage worldservers from the same place as regular client accounts, also accessible via the left menu on the home page now.

If you have any problems with the new website, you can make a post here. I may have missed something moving it over from our test site.

-Rogean

Last edited by Rogean; 09-12-2009 at 01:20 AM..
Old 09-11-2009, 06:56 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

good work on the rewamp!
the old colors were very hard to read at times- the layout was just too dark.

Server List thing- totally cool =)
Old 09-11-2009, 07:46 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

i really like it lol great job on it haha *cheers*
Old 09-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Kobaz
Hill Giant

As a colour-blind person, I find the similarity between "locked threads" and "new posts" confusing. With a membership of 100 000 there's up to around 5 000 of us that may have this issue.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Rogean
Administrator

We're workin on changing the icons around.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Speedz
Hill Giant

I like the layout it displays better on my craptop
Old 09-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

Very awesome work Rogean. I love the new site.

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein
Old 09-12-2009, 04:28 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Excellent! I love it.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Lillu
Hill Giant

It's amazing, Thank you!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Izzo
Fire Beetle

I like the new layout a lot. Awesome job.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:37 PM
drzoyburg
Sarnak

I really like what you have done with the server list area, makes it easier to find out who's on and who's not with out loading the game to find out...super sweet, keep up the good work.

Off topic: I would like to see more dev and posting on web sites for EQ, WoW has a ton of dev's creating web sites and forums for their servers, we have none here.

Doc
Old 09-12-2009, 11:14 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Just thought I'd throw in my thanks for all the work around here lately, Rogean. The place looks great, keep up the terrific work
Old 09-13-2009, 06:48 AM
LeftRoad
Sarnak

Very nice! Great job
Old 09-13-2009, 08:32 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzoyburg View Post
Off topic: I would like to see more dev and posting on web sites for EQ, WoW has a ton of dev's creating web sites and forums for their servers, we have none here.

Doc
What do you mean exactly? More dev and posting on websites? If you mean websites for particular servers, all of the popular servers have their own websites/forums/etc as far as I know. This website here is just for the actual EQEmu project in general, but there are plenty of server-specific sites out there.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:04 PM
drzoyburg
Sarnak

when are we going to remove the unreg servers from the list? It only takes a moment to register your server, seems like we have alot of lazy server owners who can't even take the time to do this