Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:08 PM
chrismed0
Sarnak

Talking How to make an NPC #Guide#

Want to make NPCs but don't know how?

This is my first official guide to put everything I found together to make easy for you!

1.) go to where you want to make your NPC (in game with your GM toon)

2) use this command:
Code:
#spawn [NPC name] [race] [level] [material] [hp] [gender] [class] [priweapon] [secweapon] [merchantid]
NOTES:
[name] - refers to name of your NPC. make sure if you have 2 names (like Guard Alex) you use and underscore between the names or the last part will drop off ( like this: Guard_Alex)

[race] - do I have to explain? you can find a list of races here (what I used):
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=RaceLists

[level] - what level is your NPC?

[material] - this is a list of what they can wear:
0 nothing
1 leather
2 banded
3 plate
10 red robe
11 black robe
12 tan robe eruitie yellow human
13 lightblue robe
14 green robe
15 purple robe
16 white robe
17 leather
18 banded
19 plate

[hp] - how many HPs does your NPC have?

[gender] - what is the Gender of your NPC?
0 male
1 female
2 neutral

[class] -what class is your NPC?
1 Warrior
2 Cleric
3 Paladin
4 Ranger
5 Shadow Knight
6 Druid
7 Monk
8 Bard
9 Rogue
10 Shaman
11 Necromancer
12 Wizard
13 Mage
14 Enchanter
15 Beastlord
16 Berserker

There is more of listed NPC classes here:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=ClassList

[priweapon] [secweapon] - Use your "items" table in your database to find an item if you want your NPC to hold something in it's hands. just use the item # and if your using the program Navicat, you can search which makes it easy.

[merchantid] - This is where you assign a merchantid if he is a vendor (don't ask, haven't played with this one yet)

3) Once you have "sapwned" you new NPC target you new NPC and use this command:
Code:
#npcspawn create
You should get a message stating your database has been updated successfully meaning your new NPC has been added to your database.

4) now to refresh the zone so you can play with your new NPC. Before you can move him or anything you need to do this. To refresh the zone without restarting the zone, server or zoning... just use this command:
Code:
#repop
This will repop everything for that zone and refresh it.. now you can move your NPC....

5) Now to move your NPC were you want it...
Target your NPC, stand were you want your NPC to be and the direction you want it to face and use this command:
Code:
#spawnfix
Your NPC might depop when you do this.. don't worry though.. you should also get a message stating it location has been updated if done correctly.

6) Now just repop the zone by using the same command we used above to refresh the zone and move out of your NPC's way (were you wanted it to stand) and he should be exactly were you wanted him to be.

This for me was the easy way of doing it and was ingane so I could see what I was doing as well. Once you have done this you can edit your NPC more in your database.. if you don't have it .. get Navicat.. makes everything MUCH easier.

NPC Creation -additional information here:

GMCommands can be found here:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...kka=GMCommands

The quest script.. I'm not going over how to write pearl I will just give you basics.

You want a script for you NPC?.....
The Directory for the *.pl scripts is your "quests" directory in your EQEmu server folder. In that directory you have folders for every zone using their "shortname". When you write a script for an NPC you place it in the corresponding folder for the zone your NPC is in. Make sure you name the *.pl file exactly the same as what is listed in your database or use the npcID number of your NPC(your suppose to be able to but I just use the name).

EXAMPLE:
Name of NPC | Script file name
--------------------------------------
Guard Alex | Guard_Alex.pl

Information on Perl script can be found here:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...uestCheatSheet

Another handy little command to have around to load your new perl script after you have it done and placed were you need it is:
Code:
#reloadpl
You should get a message stating the script cache memory has been cleared or something like that.. now the scripts are refreshed and you should be able to test it. This kept me from having to restart the server and such everytime
Old 03-28-2015, 03:00 PM
synapsix
Fire Beetle

Default Yay

Thank you!!
Old 03-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Might also want to let them know you can #dbspawn the newly created npc and use #npcspawn add instead of a new person making 100 of the same npc with different NPCIDs which leads to a very shitty database.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:22 AM
Figback65
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Might also want to let them know you can #dbspawn the newly created npc and use #npcspawn add instead of a new person making 100 of the same npc with different NPCIDs which leads to a very shitty database.
Very true. Also depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are just populating a zone with patrolling mobs "typical EQ" then definately want to reduce how many unique IDs for repeat mobs. If you need to pull out specific NPCs for scripts then unique IDs are very helpful. A good mixture of both is healthy.

Default Database has a ton of duplicates that can be cleaned up as well. For many are not needed.

EDIT : Most of the time using the NPC name for the .pl will suffice. When you get into same name NPCs but you need them to do different things, like invis prox, invis spawners and other controllers, then you can single them out with the NPCID and not have a bunch of ______ names to make them invis.