Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:20 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I finally got the scripts to work. On Windows you can right click the file and open with Perl Command Line Interpreter. In order for the import script to work properly I had to put the SkillCaps.txt in C:\Windows\SysWOW64
Didn't figure that out till the export script ran properly...had to search my drives to find it.

It may have just been my computer configuration but I think the windows version of perl requires some additional perl packages to be installed. That may be different in some Linux versions as perl comes as part of the OS install...Ubuntu is a good example of that.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:24 AM
KLS
Administrator

I had to install the DBI stuff on windows with activeperl but otherwise worked perfectly if it can't find it in the directory its run from sounds like a perl configuration issue.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:29 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Could running the scripts from my desktop had anything to do with the file input/output location?
Old 09-05-2011, 02:41 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

It just looks for the file in the current directory, so if your skillcaps.txt file wasn't on the desktop too then that's likely the problem.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Jujubeez
Fire Beetle

But do the skills you added actually work? So far mine look the part but don't work in combat. Wondering if I need to edit the code.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Jujubeez
Fire Beetle

I figured it out. You will have to edit the mob.cpp file for each skill you add.. woohoo thanks for the help guys!
Old 06-02-2014, 04:53 PM
NickW
Sarnak

I am so confused here.. Wanted to find a way to give SK track skill. But, I can't make any sense out of the info here. I found the skillcaps.txt. I tried to run the script as a .vbs file. I must be screwing something up..
Old 06-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

To add skills to a class, you have to modify both your skill_caps table in your database and your SkillCaps.txt file. SkillCaps.txt is located in the Resources folder under your Everquest directory. I think the SkillCaps.txt file has to match on both your server and client. I know it has to be the udated one in the client Everquest folder.

If you want to add Tracking to an SK, go to your skill_caps table in your database ( I use HeidiSQL for this) and go to the data tab and hit Show All. Scroll down until you see Skill 51 (51 is Throwing) for Class 5 (5 is SK). Follow this until it ends at level 100 or whatever level yours ends at. You will see the skill column skip from 51 to 55. Insert your data here. Do not skip any levels. If you do not want your SKs to get Tracking until level 10 then fill in levels 1 thru 10 with a cap of 0, else you will be able to use it at level 1.

Next go to your SkillCaps.txt file and open it with Notepad++ the first two columns in it are reversed from the one in the database table. Scroll down in it until you see 5^51^100^400^0 or whatever is the last 5^51 in your file and insert your data here as well.

I hope that helps you.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:18 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

If you select to build the client files tools, you just run the export_client_files program after editing the database. (Note make sure you make a directory named export before running)

The Perl script failed to run as a vbs script because its a Perl script not a vbs script.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:16 AM
NickW
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortow View Post
To add skills to a class, you have to modify both your skill_caps table in your database and your SkillCaps.txt file. SkillCaps.txt is located in the Resources folder under your Everquest directory. I think the SkillCaps.txt file has to match on both your server and client. I know it has to be the udated one in the client Everquest folder.

If you want to add Tracking to an SK, go to your skill_caps table in your database ( I use HeidiSQL for this) and go to the data tab and hit Show All. Scroll down until you see Skill 51 (51 is Throwing) for Class 5 (5 is SK). Follow this until it ends at level 100 or whatever level yours ends at. You will see the skill column skip from 51 to 55. Insert your data here. Do not skip any levels. If you do not want your SKs to get Tracking until level 10 then fill in levels 1 thru 10 with a cap of 0, else you will be able to use it at level 1.

Next go to your SkillCaps.txt file and open it with Notepad++ the first two columns in it are reversed from the one in the database table. Scroll down in it until you see 5^51^100^400^0 or whatever is the last 5^51 in your file and insert your data here as well.

I hope that helps you.
Edit: My SK in-game has track skill and I can activate it just fine. But, nothing shows up on track. No matter how much skill in tracking I have.. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubeez View Post
I figured it out. You will have to edit the mob.cpp file for each skill you add.. woohoo thanks for the help guys!
Digging around in the mob.cpp file I can't find anything about track..

Here's both my skillcaps files after the changes:

P.S. If I continue to scale track skill past 200 will it keep increasing in effectiveness? Or will I break something..?
Old 06-03-2014, 11:28 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

EntityList::MakeTrackPackets in zone/entity.cpp has some class checks.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:29 PM
NickW
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
EntityList::MakeTrackPackets in zone/entity.cpp has some class checks.
I added in shadowknight.

Still the same problem as before. Empty track window in-game. :,(
Old 06-06-2014, 05:58 PM
NickW
Sarnak

http://forums.axclassic.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2715

Seems like they had a similar problem. They don't say how they went about fixing it though..

Would very much like to make this work. If anyone knows how?
Old 06-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Did you recompile after making the change to the entity.cpp file?
Old 06-06-2014, 10:26 PM
NickW
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortow View Post
Did you recompile after making the change to the entity.cpp file?
Nope.

Do I just redo step four in the guide?

"Step 4: Compiling the server.
*a) Get (Git) the source code!

Now on your main C-Drive, expand the EQ folder and then right click on the folder called Source.
From the menu that pops up, select 'GIT Bash'.
A command window should pop up (similar but not the same as the standard Windows command prompt).
Type the following EXACTLY (including the period at the end):

git clone git://github.com/EQEmu/Server.git .

*Note the . at the end of the command*, i.e. there is a space after Server.git and then a period/full-stop. This is important. It tells GIT to clone the source code into the current folder , i.e. C:\EQ\Source If you omitted the . it would create a new folder called C:\EQ\Source\Server and download the source into that.
The output of the git clone command should look similar to this:

Cloning into '.'...
remote: Counting objects: 1288, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1070/1070), done.
remote: Total 1288 (delta 225), reused 1262 (delta 199)
Receiving objects: 100% (1288/128, 3.17 MiB | 856 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (225/225), done.
Checking out files: 100% (1181/1181), done.

If you go to C:\EQ\Source in Windows Explorer, you should see a bunch of files and sub-folders have appeared, namely
CMakeLists.txt LICENSE.md cmake eqlaunch ucs zone shared_memory README.md common loginserver utils GPL.txt changelog.txt dependencies queryserv world
Note that if you want to update your source code in the future to the latest version, follow the process above, but instead of typing 'git clone ...' you would just type:

git pull

and that would check for updates to the source code and download the latest version if there have been any changes since you last did a git clone or git pull."