Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Default Enlightened Dark: Ascension

After the demise of the original Enlightened Dark I took some time off, focused on school, played some new games, ventured out and learned new things. Running into a long time friend allowed me to regain my thirst for developing and with that the introduction of a new server.

I want to get some peoples' feedback on whether or not they would play on a server like this and if my pursuit is worthwhile or not. Enlightened Dark was successful because it followed a similar path to live EQ, but without the grueling grind or requirement for 25+ people to get things done, but I want to stray from that path, well mostly. Some highlights to this new server include:

-Solo and group progression (No 10+ man raids)
-Pure customization
-16 all new classes around the board (No original classes)
-8 Basic starting classes each with their own unique play style and spells/skills
-8 Ascended classes, making your power reach new heights with new skills, better gear assortment, increased stats, and much more

Classes:

Lancer -> Dragoon
Knight -> Crusader

Champion -> Myrmidon
Blackguard -> Assassin

Archer -> Hunter
Mystic -> Prophet

Sage -> Sorceror
Priest -> Archon

-Each basic class comes with their own base skills and unique weaponry, i.e. A lancer equips a spear and a shield, a knight may equip dual swords or sword/shield, archer wields a bow with endless arrows, mystic may have their own companion with both offensive and defensive spells and much much more.

-All classes gain unique abilities and spells as they level up, certain classes also have skills that are dependent on the items they equip, for instance a Lancer starts with the skill Shield Bash I and the damage is depended on the shield's AC, the lancer's level and the base damage initially. So potentially at level 1 with an exquisite shield he could bash things for thousands of damage.

-The crafting system will be completely redone to be more effective and allow people to craft their own gear if they so choose. Crafted gear will also contain extra augment slots. Crafting will be limited to smithing, tailoring, alchemy, jewelcrafting and brewing.

-Another feature will include upgradeable gear, allowing you to farm materials to increase your gear's stats without actually needing to find new gear.

-There will be progression with end dungeons and will REQUIRE a group to accomplish to begin with, but the better your gear the easier things will become. Things will also eventually be attuned for those ascended classes and will require those better abilities and gear to overcome.

-World bosses will be available at all times starting from approx level 15 up to the level cap. They will offer enhanced rewards, but do not think to defeat them easily.

-Current level cap for basic classes will be level 50. Upon reaching level 50 and progressing through some content they will be offered an extensive quest to undergo their ascension, where they can become a much more powerful version of their class. Ascended classes start at level 30 and have a level cap of 80.

-Each class will have an epic weapon available for through a special quest, but how that will be implemented has not been determined.

This is just a general layout of where I eventually want this server to go and what I have in store. Enlightened Dark was successful once and will be again in its all new version Enlightened Dark: Ascension.

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 02-19-2013, 06:23 PM
J3wish
Sarnak

I honestly think this would be an awesome idea.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:41 PM
carpediembr
Fire Beetle

Your server were always the best, I`ll fully support your server

(Came in here quick as soon as I saw it up & locked)
Old 03-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

At the moment I have 4/8 basic classes done. Every class has skills/spells that are dependent based upon their actual weapon equipped. In case of the casters who dont melee their initial spell increases based on the spell damage/heal amount on the weapon. This allows a constant usage of spells/skills where they wont become useless regardless of how high content goes, without the need of constantly introducing new spells to compensate for increased content.

After I get the basic 8 classes done and content to support them upto level 50 I will release a beta version for people to test out. If the server is popular and intriguing I can continue with the 8 ascended classes which will include unique and brand new abilities for those classes including spells, skills, gear and alternate advancement abilities.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Kreacher
Fire Beetle

I've been waiting for you to bring the server back up but I noticed that there's no monk or even a monk type class?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

No there is no monk type class. The pure dps classes are champion, blackguard, archer or sage. The knight is a tank or dps viable class. The lancer a pure tank. Mystic a solid support class all around and the priest a pure healer.

All classes will have abilities that allow them to solo effectively. Obviously some better than others, but how I am giving classes abilities allows me to control balance more effectively rather than a bunch of classes having overlapping abilities, and certain stuff not stacking with each other. This is something I want to eliminate. People not having to worry if something is actually broken or not or if one classes buffs stack with another.

I have a feeling people will enjoy how I have set up each of these classes. No broken or useless classes. Each unique ability as useful as the next. All classes have anywhere between 10 and 14 unique abilities with approx. 4-7 tiers of that ability.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:50 AM
carpediembr
Fire Beetle

Any news? I`d love to test if u need anyone
Old 03-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Currently 7/8 basic classes are done. After that its content development. Once im satisfied there, Ill have people join in to continue to help me balance once that's done. As I create a class I test its abilities to make sure they work as I want and to ensure they are pretty balanced in numbers to each other, i.e A sage isnt dealing 600 dmg at level 1 while a lancer is only doing 10 damage.

Im aiming for sometime in May for beta testing, while it may be beta I want to make it as polished as possible.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Drajor
Developer

begins chanting .. WRATH .. WRATH!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:18 PM
zalemander14
Fire Beetle

Cant wait to play your server!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Cezark
Fire Beetle

Default can't wait

I started on ED about 3 months before it went down and loved playing on it. This server sounds fun and I can't wait to start playing on it!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Well Im getting closer to being able to release a beta version. All 8 classes are functioning the way I like and the initial prologue zone is completed. The hub zone is coming together very well, as well as the first combat zone. Im working on some of the tradeskills as well. At the moment there are only 4 tradeskills, blacksmithing, tailoring, brewing and jewelcrafting. Blacksmithing will cover lancer, knight, champion and blackguard armor and weapons, tailoring will cover archer, mystic, sage and priest armor and weapons. Brewing will involve collecting items to combine in vials for potions, and jewelcrafting will involve crafting gems together to create a wide variety of upgradeable augments.

Currently there are 2 versions of bosses, general bosses which are stronger versions of the general races within the zone and world bosses which will require a group and real strategy to overcome, but dont worry the rewards are worth it. I have approximately 6 tasks put together out of around 25-30 total I want at the release.

My goal is to have a very polished version at the beginning of May to release for everyone to try out.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Default Website pretty functional

Along with the development of the server I have been trying to get the website together as well. It contains some information and is available at www.enlighteneddark.weebly.com

I check it daily in case more people are learning about it. The website is also under the server information link on the server list. The forums are completely functional, you can post there with any questions or insight on the server.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

So.............Tera, but in EQ?

Old 03-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

There are quite a few concepts coming from there yes.