Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Uleat
Developer

My current local git repo folder is 873MB in size..and that includes a populated debug build folder.

My current 'server' folder is 5.86GB..but, that's with debug binaries and my maps have been converted to MMF files - meaning zone maps are saved to a
'binary' file post-transformation.

The MMF option adds quite a bit to the actual footprint of the server folder..but, can help zoning times on older machines using dynamic zones.

EDIT: I use a manually installation..so, your folders will probably have a negligible size increase using the installer.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 09-07-2016, 04:49 PM
DanCanDo
Discordant

5.86 GB server folder ? Your debug binaries must have a bit of weight ?
Mine is 3.7 GB, I have the MMF files as well, but that map folder takes
up 3.2 GB of it all, which is mainly because of the MMF. Without those,
my whole server folder is 1.08 GB
Old 09-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Uleat
Developer

I probably have some backups I didn't account for..

..but, yes, that does sound about right - and yes, debug does take up more as well :P

Compilin' Dirty
Old 09-09-2016, 09:49 AM
sluggo
Fire Beetle

Hello all. I cant want to install this. Actually i have. I know that it is simple fix. The installer tele me no internet, Wienerwald the te is one. Did wireless and the non wireless. And ideas please?
Old 09-10-2016, 07:48 AM
kira1000
Fire Beetle

Hi, I am having an odd issue with your repack, I have followed the instructions in your guide, but there is no world section in the config file, also, when I try to log in it says error - a timeout occurred. BTW, do I need to set the IP address to my external one or can I just use 127.0.0.1 (I normally play things like this with my wireless card disabled). Thanks
Old 09-17-2016, 12:21 PM
zrsh5
Fire Beetle

Good Morning Gentlemen..
Ran the auto installer on Windows 8 x64 system. When you say clean install, I assume you mean Eq Emu not the actual OS? At least that's what it seems like after reading the entire forum here. Anyway, that's me. No other Emu installation on this system. I ran the installer and changed the ip addresses for the local host. The server comes up and I can attach to it from the rof2 client (although the server sees it as an SOD client?). I can make a character and then when I try to log in to the world with said char, it hangs up.. tells me the server is not responding. I have seen this retold on this forum thread over and over and I am pretty sure I have done everything to solve the problem, but no luck.
So, to the questions?:
1: I keep seeing mention of the program eqemu_update.pl. This file doesn't appear in my eqemu_installer_files directory. Is it supposed to be there or is this a file I need to download. I downloaded this file and put it in said directory, but it won't run. The cmd box opens so fast and closes that I can't see anything. When I run command from an open dos box (admin) says can't open perl script no such file or directory. So I assume that it is supposed to be elsewhere.
UPDATE: I finally got the program to run. Still tho.. was this supposed to be included in the original installation?

2. There is mention of a program to edit the database (preferred), and one that is Akka's online (but this only opens a page that says "Hi"). Now I can't find the name of the program to edit database again, can I get a link, please?
3. If the server comes up with the batch file and there are no errors, should I assume that it is all installed and working correctly? The only error I see when it comes up is on the login server:
[Error] Handle_NewLSInfo error, remote address was null, defaulting to stream ad
dress 192.168.1.2.
I think I have seen others report this as well and said it worked anyway.

Ok, that's it for now.. thanks for any help you can throw my way...
Cheers
R

btw: This is the closest I have come to getting a server up and running. I think I am pretty close. Thanks again, Akka!
Old 09-17-2016, 01:16 PM
Lavius
Fire Beetle

Solved: needed to run loginserver.exe, shared_memory.exe, world.exe, eqlaunch.exe zone.exe, ucs.exe queryserv.exe along with t_start to make it work.

Windows 7 Home, 64bit

I run t_start_server_with_login_server then run RoF2 client, after clicking the login button a window pops up saying "Error - A timeout occured." I thought maybe my eqhost.txt was wrong so I tried others:

localhost
localhost:5998
localhost:5999
127.0.0.1 (with :ports)
My IPv4 with :ports

... and so on. Should be local though, but always timeout or won't connect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrsh5 View Post
This file doesn't appear in my eqemu_installer_files directory.
Me neither.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:57 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

And the logs say what? Anything?
Old 09-17-2016, 02:51 PM
Lavius
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0ctrnl View Post
I went to browse search results from looking up errors and terms and came across a list of exe's that I had not launched from the server folder. Must have missed them on the linked guide as required to run.

t_start_server_with_login_server
loginserver.exe
shared_memory.exe
world.exe
eqlaunch.exe
zone.exe, ucs.exe
queryserv.exe

Running them in that order as admin worked. I was able to login just fine, though I cannot leave the starting zone, perhaps I'm not executing the above in the correct order?
Old 09-19-2016, 12:03 AM
zrsh5
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0ctrnl View Post
Well, it's not clear as to whom you were asking that question. I am going to assume you were asking either myself or both Lavius and I.

My logs kinda tell me something is wrong, but my knowledge in this area leaves a bit to be desired. So I will quote a couple below...

In the zone directory, there is an entry for gfay since my new character is starting there... here is what I think is pertinent:

[09-18-2016 :: 20:46:55] [Quests] Unable to read perl file 'plugin.pl'
[09-18-2016 :: 20:46:55] [Quests] Unquoted string "false" may clash with future reserved word at plugins//Expeditions.pl line 375.
[09-18-2016 :: 20:46:55] [Quests] Subroutine Cwd::fastcwd redefined at C:/Perl/lib/Cwd.pm line 812.
[09-18-2016 :: 20:46:55] [Quests] Subroutine Cwd::getcwd redefined at C:/Perl/lib/Cwd.pm line 812.
[09-18-2016 :: 20:46:55] [Quests] Subroutine Cwd::abs_path redefined at C:/Perl/lib/Cwd.pm line 812.
[09-18-2016 :: 20:46:55] [Quests] Subroutine CalcDestFromHeading redefined at plugins//path_tools.pl line 221.
[09-18-2016 :: 20:46:55] [Quests] "my" variable $Item1 masks earlier declaration in same scope at plugins//quest_handin.pl line 19.
[09-18-2016 :: 20:46:55] [Quests] "my" variable $Item2 masks earlier declaration in same scope at plugins//quest_handin.pl line 21.
[09-18-2016 :: 20:46:55] [Quests] "my" variable $Item3 masks earlier declaration in same scope at plugins//quest_handin.pl line 23.
[09-18-2016 :: 20:46:55] [Quests] "my" variable $Item4 masks earlier declaration in same scope at plugins//quest_handin.pl line 25.
[09-18-2016 :: 20:46:55] [Quests] Subroutine GetReverseHeading redefined at plugins//spawn_utils.pl line 456.
[09-18-2016 :: 20:46:55] [Quests] Subroutine ConvertHeadingToDegrees redefined at plugins//spawn_utils.pl line 477.

Other zone files show this same text, but also at the end of the file it has:
[09-18-2016 :: 20:44:41] [Error] Worldserver Connection Failed :: worldserver.Connect()

The other log files don't appear to show anything that raises any eyebrows for me. No errors, failures, etc.

I still go nowhere when I try to enter world with a character. It eventually times out and says the server is not responding.
Thanks
Old 09-19-2016, 02:47 AM
DanCanDo
Discordant

If you're running the server and client on same puter, you can just use this in your
eqhost.txt file :
Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=127.0.0.1:5999
I've never used Akka's installer, but on my windows test box, I use a simple start script,
(I just call it start.bat) The t-start script you have is good, I just don't need it, so I
use this, which simply opens up a seperate cmd window for each. Just for testing, you
could try this and see if everything is starting properly. You would get 6 cmd windows
that will stay open and show what's happening. If any open and close right away, then
something is not working right. I have no idea what the installer script does, as I said
I've never used it.
Code:
@echo off
start loginserver.exe
shared_memory.exe
start world.exe
ping -n 10 127.0.0.1 > nul
start eqlaunch.exe zone
start queryserv.exe
start ucs.exe
Old 09-19-2016, 08:29 AM
Markvart
Fire Beetle

Hello,

I've a problem with installer, on both new install vm (vmware 12) 7 and 8.1, script fail to download and tell me i don't have internet connection. Tried without FW, nat or bridged it's the same. Of course internet connection is ok for all other task in vm.

Is the source server is still up ? Any advice of what i miss else ?

Thanks for reply
Old 09-19-2016, 10:07 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

I am trying to download this on my new computer to set up a server then copy my old server to it. I cannot get this to extract pearl or Maria DB ... keeps giving an error... where is the old way of setting up a server so I can get this done?
Old 09-19-2016, 11:11 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I'll check out the installer tomorrow and investigate since people are saying there are errors but not really being descriptive as to what.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:21 AM
Markvart
Fire Beetle

Hi, os is in french but you can see the problem i think.

Extracting C:\Perl\site\lib\IO\InnerFile.pm OK
Extracting C:\Perl\site\lib\IO\Lines.pm OK
Extracting C:\Perl\site\lib\IO\Scalar.pm OK
Extracting C:\Perl\site\lib\IO\ScalarArray.pm OK
Extracting C:\Perl\site\lib\IO\Stringy.pm OK
Extracting C:\Perl\site\lib\IO\Wrap.pm OK
Extracting C:\Perl\site\lib\IO\WrapTie.pm OK
Creating C:\Perl\site\lib\Perl OK
Extracting C:\Perl\site\lib\Perl\Tidy.pm OK
Extracting C:\Perl\site\lib\Perl\Tidy.pod OK
Creating C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32 OK
Extracting C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\DBIODBC.pm OK
Extracting C:\Perl\lib\Config.pm~ OK
All OK
.pl=Perl
Perl="C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe" %1 %*
Installing MariaDB (Root Password: eqemu) LOADING... PLEASE WAIT...

RÉUSSITE*: la valeur spécifiée a été enregistrée.
[Update] No connection to the internet, can't check update
[Update] Cannot check update without internet connection...
ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'peq'
[Database] Table 'db_version' does not exists.... Creating...

'world' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.
[Install] EQEmu Server Installer... LOADING... PLEASE WAIT...
[Download] Cannot download without internet connection...
[Update] Fetching Latest Windows Binaries...
[Download] Cannot download without internet connection...
[Update] Fetched Latest Windows Binaries...
[Update] Extracting... ---
IO error: opening updates_staged/master_windows_build.zip for read : No such file or directory
at C:/Perl/lib/Archive/Zip/Archive.pm line 546
Archive::Zip::Archive::read('Archive::Zip::Archive =HASH(0x31d51fc)', 'updates_staged/master_windows_build.zip')
called at eqemu_server.pl line 1681
main::unzip('updates_staged/master_windows_build.zip', 'updates_staged/binaries/') called at eqemu_server.pl lin
e 1180
main::fetch_latest_windows_binaries() called at eqemu_server.pl line 369
main::do_installer_routines() called at eqemu_server.pl line 266
main::new_server() called at eqemu_server.pl line 750
main::show_menu_prompt() called at eqemu_server.pl line 478
main::check_for_world_bootup_database_update() called at eqemu_server.pl line 66
read error at eqemu_server.pl line 1682.
Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...