Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:37 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

That forum for George's Tools, it's linked inside one of his own started threads. I actually think it's
in his signature too. I do know it's there, you just have to open threads up and read them, especially
the "stickies"
Old 03-30-2018, 04:15 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Yeah found the link in a thread asking same questions I am, but the sites last update was 2016, so thought it was likely anything on it no longer worked. Maybe the site hasn't updated but the target of the links have, I just don't know without downloading and trying. But I can't download except midnight to 5am, so rather not download til I know they're current.

That forum only has 3 posts from 2018 and 1 from 2017 rest are 2016 and before, so it looks from an outsider like it's more archive than anything.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:28 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

I use George's tools (last updated in Oct 2016). Works fine for the most part.
I don't use everything in the entire "suite" of tools, but npc editor mostly.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:34 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Ok so it's more on a tool to tool or page to page basis if anything's broken. I just knew columns and things get changed then editor doesn't work til updated this or that, and wasn't sure just how much of that has occurred in that time. Will get it downloaded tonight and go from there. Thank you.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:06 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Screenshots from George's Tools. In the second example, I brought up all NPC's in Oasis.
I clicked on Arthikus, then brought up the spawn editor, which indicates he's actually
on an assigned spawn table.
In the 3rd example, I brought up all "fabled" in the database. But when you click on one,
and try to run the name in spawn editor, only to get "No spawns found", means that
npc is not on a spawn table. It would have to be created before setting a timer.

EDIT: Just thought of something important to add. NPC's can also be set to spawn by
a quest script, so they wouldn't be on a spawn table. BUT, there is 127 "Fabled" in the
current database and the quest scripts would be spawning NPC's by their ID, not name.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:57 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

great thank you grumpy. if that all still works and i can get my db hooked to it right it should be perfect for the simple stuff like spawnrates and whatnot. probably can copy n paste similar npc (liek a merchant) to create a new one(thinking of putting defiants on a merchant rather than messing with loot ttables since they dont seem to drop on my server and after first liek 20 levels where theyre pretty good aside from twink gear, theyre bottomline gear for each level range that youd want to work up from from there so shoudl be easily available, in the content we will be using most at least.

will definitely get that set up tonight so i can see how much i have to otherwise search for ways to do. thank you
Old 03-31-2018, 12:21 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

You should take a peek through all the menu's when you open up the editor in tool's.
There is even a feature to change the respawn time on all mobs in a specific spawn
group ID in a zone. The loot editor is pretty good, but sometimes can be a little shaky
when using it. When doing loot edits, I use the "save" button a lot, but you can also
use "find item" to search for, and add to a mob when editing that NPC's loot.

Even though the PEQ team is constantly updating the database, I am actually suprised
that some people are looking for defiant on mobs. I remember a while back, the defiant
was dropping everywhere, but for my preferences, I was deleting it all.
Somebody, at one point, had come up with a cleanup tool that presented a menu with
options to get rid of a few undesired things on a mass edit. It was on these forums,
somewhere. I also remember, fabled mobs were popping up all over the place, at one
time, and I had to get rid of them all, for my own preferences, haha
Old 03-31-2018, 01:48 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Have you been to this main wiki page ? http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?M=Wiki
It has tons of info on there ranging from working with AA's, NPC's, quests, etc.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:50 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

apparently those were things enough people didnt like so they got shut off by default in the db, or so ti appears. not a single defiant item has dropped on my server so far. fabled idk til i find them in db because I havent really killed in zones that would have them, yet.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:08 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Not sure if you seen that link I posted above, it can be very helpful.

Not sure if you're aware, in the quests folder, where all the zone named subfolders
are, there is also a folder called "global". Any NPC script in there, (by it's exact name),
will function for any NPC with that name serverwide. For example, Priest_of_Discord.
That comes in real handy, so you don't have to put a seperate script in each zone
folder for NPC's with the same name. a_rodent would be another example.
Also in that folder is subfolders for items and spells to run something globally.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:25 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

hm well i jsut did a search on my peq:items for elaborate defiant and nothing came up at all. ill try crude defiant because it's lower level, but endgame raidgear from RoF is in there, id think elaborate defiant would be.

running defiant breastplate instead so itll return any levels present. all i need is 1 result ot get the item numbers as they should all be consecutive. i dont know if ill put on an npc or put in global loot, whichever is easier actually, but merchant would be better for inventories.

i have been to that wiki page a lot, but usually i end up with more questions lol.

I coudlnt get georges tools to work, but i did get heidisql linked to my server so that is helping, thus how i'm doing the search for defiant. I have no idea using that how to put mobs on a spawn table (for the fableds) but i can fix things like merc timers etc. Was hoping georges would work but the only 1 ocx would register. idk if im putting the ocx on the wrong computer, or the wrong directory on this one, or what. did as admin across the board.

Fix (on ocx) the problem was that i put it in a different partition, thus driveletter, and i could not cd to that in command prompt to register them so i had to move it to my windows partition. i HATE putting things there but its tiny and i have a copy. Now the loot editor opened for me..but it said error connecting first, so idk. maybe its working maybe not lol.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:38 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Defiant is all in there. If you use the item search in George's Tools, it will show it all for you.
I know, myself, I have noticed most items right up to HoT are in there, but never looked past
that (yet) I've always been a fan of the LoY era, but I'm working on fully custom project that
won't rely on any particular expansion or era at all.
If you are in-game with GM, just type #fi (or #finditem) itemname. If it's in the database, it
will show up.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:17 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

This is the eq cleanup tool link:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40357

Manual deletion. You need to look up defiant types. Then there's other ones without defiant in name that I always forget.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38958

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36932

INNER JOIN lootdrop_entries le ON i.id = le.item_id*
WHERE i.name like "Crude defiant%"

Change the WHERE clause to find the other types and just remove the rows all at once
Old 03-31-2018, 04:02 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Phantom- tryingvto put them back in not remove them. Theyre not dropping whatsoever and the pok vendors for the related items were missing so i decided to put it all on a vendor instead of putting on world drop tables.

Yeah I got it all working with georges tools I just gotta figure out how to apply changes to the server., and learn best tools for best jobs. Found the adept and combatant fear vendors were disabled (I'm guessing via the # before name, or that's just to mark them) but I want to both enable them, add stuff, and duplicate them and make a twin with slight name change with the related armor itself on them. When duplicating it doesn't assign a new merchant number though so that's gotta be remedied, then the name change, and adding of items. I got that all done but don't know how to apply it, and I assume I'll have to adjust spawn locs of the new npcs so they're not inside the old. I did hit save but hotfix and respawning the zone didn't produce any of the vendors disabled or new. Still figuring it all out.

spawngroup, you had it in the ss's already jsut gotta figure out how to add. sorry for questions.

so got the original venders up, but the new ones didnt show. getting there lol. learning curve ha
Old 03-31-2018, 04:14 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

After running shared_memory, I often found I had to zone out (leave zone empty/reset), before changes
took effect. (or restart server) It's all a pita.